Expired flavors

Hello community :slightly_smiling_face:
I have couple of hundreds of different flavors. Couldn’t use them all through all those years. I see that many of them are expired and their color got darker.

What do you think - should I throw the expired flavors away or it’s ok to use them?

Many thanks.

5 Likes

I recently had the same thing and mixed several tried and true recipes, the next day I went to vape them all to try and they all tasted like VG… Might be usable, but I decided to dump and start fresh

4 Likes

Test them … Flavors dint spoil but can change , if you have the time test them is my vote

Note : they can lose all flavor ad well , when I first started DIY I used a pantry closet for flaves and it got super hot outside and outside and many flaves went bad

5 Likes

@WhiteRaven I think you have to use your own nose or tastebuds to tell you. With all of the different flavors, manufacturers, and different storage techniques that we all have or use, I don’t think their is a stead fast rule as far as when to toss out a flavor. If it’s dark enough to make you nervous, then you can toss it. If it tastes bad, toss it. If not, I have more than a few that have darkened a bit, but still work fine, and taste great.

5 Likes

BTW, Welcome back Raven… CAW CAW CAW!!!

5 Likes

How (with what words) might you describe your personal impressions regarding a “taste of” (vaping) “VG” ?

2 Likes

It tasted lightly sweet with an essence of other flavours… Very feint. My Bavarian cream was dark orange, all my vanillas were pretty much black, etc… They didn’t smell as pungent as they used to…

2 Likes

I take it (in that specific aspect of your description, above) that you mean “sweet” when tongue-tasted ?

2 Likes

God you’re annoying

7 Likes

(“A deceptive or distracting movement”) it seems, then.

3 Likes

Here’s a faint feint that’ll make you faint!

4 Likes

Well gee thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My retardation is disadvantageous, Raven propounds I vamoose with great importunity!!!

4 Likes

Don’t be so homophonic guys.

4 Likes

Was just wondering if said “Bavarian Cream” (et al) was “sweet” via direct tongue contact - or (whether you instead intended to mean) exclusively following the application of elevated temperatures to your juices. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Neigh, jester! Prithee stay!

4 Likes

Thank you all for the answers :pray:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

My flav mostly taste the same even though they are expired. The question is if that doesn’t damage your health vaping expired flavs…

3 Likes

Same here, always used even if expired, the only one that gave me a weird taste was a TPA MM, (down the drain) other than that… never a prob. with years or manufacturer

4 Likes

One’s senses of smell and taste to some extent can serve as “chemical detection” (though probably not completely reliably, as some molecules do not “register”). Nevertheless, it seems that chemical reactions taking place over time may often alter the smell/taste perceptual impressions (to the extent remembered).

Even knowing all of the specific chemical contents of a particular flavoring/juice, specific toxicology related answers have not been, and likely cannot easily be, arrived at. In addition to chemical reactions, pathogen growth (may) be another possible concern - making assessments of potential dangers more complicated.

One particular study that I have seen (abstract only; behind pay-wall) that might possibly interest you is:

“Formation of flavorant–propylene Glycol Adducts With Novel Toxicological Properties in Chemically Unstable E-Cigarette Liquids”;
Nicotine & Tobacco Research, Oct 18, 2018.

The supplemental materials (incl. graphical contents appearing within the above article) can be found here.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone!!!

4 Likes