Extra Sweet - CAP thougths?

I have started to use it more in fruits as it does bring their profile out more. Problem is super sweet cap kills my cotton above .75%. So i will see as i need batteries might as well give it a go lol

2 Likes

I find that 0.5% Super Sweet is enough for me and I don’t have any problems with cotton or coils, certain strawberry flavours on the other hand can wreak havoc on them.

3 Likes

I have found sometimes concentrates need that extra. Chocolates become more chocolate at .75% ss cap. I have tried grapes with .5% ss and they just dont show themselves push the ss higher and it starts representing a grape more. Am i fan of sweetener? Nope but it sure makes the vapes flavor better. Trying disposables sent me in that direction. And what i read they use neotame sweetener so i want to give it a go.

2 Likes

Agreed @Lucas_James_Holden, 0.5% and below is fairly safe. It can help fruits pop more, BUT, as you mentioned, it can overrun them as well. I may have to mix up some of @ozo Stevia with ACV.

2 Likes

Sorry if I sound stupid here but what is ACV may I ask?

3 Likes

Never a problem @Lucas_James_Holden, I’m glad you did. Apple Cider Vinegar. Years ago, I noticed that @ozo used it in his stone …

I started using it, and it, in conjunction with the Stevia really DID help make fruits pop a lot more, and with none of the Super Sweet issues.

3 Likes

I don’t think you could mate.

2 Likes

I just bought it from theecigshop.uk plus i got a few clearance things and batteries. Honestly their prices are pretty good. Beat some on the 100ml. So i will see how this extra sweet is. As one great thing about super sweet it never killed mixes just coils. So hopefully this is better and doesnt kill the cotton lol
If you use them ever remember elr10 for 10% off on everything but clearence.

3 Likes

Thanks mate. I ordered a load of Flavorah concentrates from them that they were selling very cheaply a year or so ago, they were mostly in 15ml bottles and they were practically giving them away, they still had plenty of date left on them too. They were selling the expensive flavours like Alpine Strawberry etc for only a couple of quid. They are a very good company.

4 Likes

Yeah i bought 500ml of cap vc v1 for like £26 pounds on one of their sales couple years back. I only got around 100ml left. Ill probably get another 500ml on the next black friday. But i have picked yup a few from them. Buying 100ml for £2 but the manufacturer dates are at 2-3yr mark. Sometimes they put a date on them when they bottle it but its out of date by manufactures recommendation. The apple snacks cap was manufactured on 08/20 so almost 3 years from the made date. I always ask him the dates and he obliges

3 Likes

Hmm, do you think ACV might help with an overly sweetened commercial juice? Even though it’s a creamy dessert profile, sour would be better than the chemical aftertaste of artificial sweetener :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I’m not sure @muth, but I’m thinking not much. ACV doesn’t really CUT sweetener/sweetness, but it (along with Stevia and Lime) can enhance. If you DO experiment using JUST ACV it would be an interesting test.

1 Like

I just noticed they also sell a citric acid concentrate. Wish i seen that to help boost fruits. Ill have to get that and a fee other enhancers they have.

2 Likes

Thanks for filling me in mate. It’s true when they say that we learn something new everyday.

2 Likes

I’ve read about it but haven’t I used it myself yet. If you do get some please let me know how you get on with it.

2 Likes

@Lucas_James_Holden I can’t remember exactly what year it was that @ozo released his stone, but I was hesitant to buy into it. He showed that (I can’t remember the exact brand or name) a particular stevia brand had ACV and citric acid in the bottle, and he was trying to mimic that, along with lime, and seemed to have nailed it.

I believe the “Reb A” Stevia was also a key player in his successes. LOTS of different Stevias out there, and many have an aftertaste, hence the “magic” of the “Reb A” variant.

3 Likes

Now I have heard of that somewhere but I think it was in my early mixing days and I didn’t understand what was being said at the time.

2 Likes

@Lucas_James_Holden just as soon as you stock up on Reb A, a NEW PLAYER arrives on the scene.

The advantages of Reb M over other stevia sweeteners

BESTEVIA®​ Reb M, by contrast to existing stevia sweeteners, offers a sweet taste close to that of sugar and is free of the aftertaste of Reb-A, which has been used by the food and beverage industry for many years. The Reb M molecule is easy to work with and is 200-300 times sweeter than sugar. *Formulators can reduce the sugar content of their products without sacrificing taste.*​

3 Likes

I know this is an old post but if this is the same CAP extra sweet, iv had no problems with it and im even using it with an order of synthetic nic, not that would matter, just start off low and go up, or you’ll be changing our coils each day :rofl:

5 Likes

Actually extra sweet is made with neotam and is way stronger then super sweet (Sucralose) and less harming on coils. They launched it a few years ago. So technically you can use less of it then super sweet

Neotam is a sweetener that is around 10,000 times sweeter than sugar while sucralose is “only” 600 times sweeter than sugar, you have to use a lot less of it which basically means zero coil gunk

3 Likes