Extreme steeping

As said in another post, I stopped vaping for almost a year. The recipes I made were kept in a cool dark place and now I started vaping again I discovered that steeping for more then 6 months offers great rewards.
Flavors that others say mute over time seem to come back after even more time passes. All I can say is wauw! Difficulty will be in recreating this. I am a patient person but mixing recipes and storing them for more than 6 months will be beyond me I fear. Has anyone else had experience with this kind of steep times?

10 Likes

I usually steep while I slalom

6 Likes

Japan, Canada or Europe?

5 Likes

I regularly find mixes and sft that I’ve forgotten about, 8 out of 10 are lovely.

7 Likes

If you like tobacco mixes, it gets better

9 Likes

IMO of what I have found so far, is you happen to try them after 6 months but I think at 3-4 months is the max, after that it will not change any or not that much. A ‘‘trick’’ to make them steep sooner as possible, for a fresh mix, is to mix the flavours, let them steep undiluted for same days maybe about 2 weeks, and after that 2weeks dilute them with your desire vg/pg and nic. Let them steep for an other 1-2 months.
If you have already make the same recipe keep 10ml or more and use the seed steep method.

Yes I know is somethink that I try to say many times, especially with high perc. of ethyl maltol, strawberries and others. If you don’t use soft plastic bottles, flavours will coming back.

6 Likes

Thx for the advice! I’m guessing the seed steep method is mixing the 10 ml recipe you kept aside with the new batch?

4 Likes

Yes thats almost right. You have to keep about 25% or more from the old juice. For example: with 10ml of an old batch you can seed steep 40ml. 10ml from the old plus 30ml from the new.
That will decrease the steep period by almost half time. Maybe less.

4 Likes

Ok, not that hard easy to remember. Again thank you for teaching me new tricks :memo:

4 Likes

Try it and please update here your experience. Happy to help when I can.

5 Likes

All of them, I’m a professional slalomist, shalom

5 Likes

pretty good pianist too, or so I’ve been told :wink:

5 Likes

shlalom back at ya!

4 Likes

Shake and vape is a myth. 5 weeks on everything, in a dark closet.

8 Likes

10 Likes

I have a cinnamon danish mix that I made a bottle of about a year ago. I only vape it sparingly on Sunday mornings. It’s so deep in flavor right now it’s like vaping a butter infused cinnamon roll. I would mix this and let it sit for a year for sure. http://tjek.nu/r/cpeA

6 Likes

Vape a sample at 3-4 months steep and see if it needs more time.

3 Likes

9 months old and tastes like a rich Strawberry Milkshake. It was a little week at 1 month, but now it is full of flavor and creamy texture. A bit oxidized, but not at all harsh. It is also a good lesson that 0.5% of NR’s Stevia offering is too much after a long steep.

I set this aside with many other random bottles when i was tossing a bunch of obsolete testers, so they all need to be checked for long-steep results.

Edit: @fidalgo_vapes, have you tried the SM after many months? I think you were the one who turned me on to this one, but said it faded after x amount of time. If it does, it comes back nicely!

8 Likes

Thanks everyone for posting your findings about this topic, I’m curious if @Laberythm is right and 3 to 4 months is actually the longest steep really needed. I will test this for sure

7 Likes

Oh its my fave strawberry , ive never felt that it faded … It’s one of the Great RFSC flaves …i use it between 3 and 4pct and at 4 pct im alright with just the SF…im not sure ive ever had it steep several months but will give it a whirl …

5 Likes