FA 27 new flavors

So true, I am now down to 89 and still dropping as I use or repurpose flavours I just don’t use for mixing.

Absolutely, I would not have got the new CAP flavours I did if not for seeing reviews. I am now very particular on what I get, my stash was around 200 at one stage but most were not used…

8 Likes

Yeah, I keep mine at a bare necessity format, but new flavours always sound good… Like: Premium Custard. Custard Cake and the cookie premium as well, as I heard it’s like those hard vanilla cookies.

The fig and oatmeal cookie sounds great though, TPA has an Oatmeal one and it kinda has a sweet spot agewise before it goes bland, been playing that one on and off for a long time now… I prefer having juices I can mix 120+ mls of and have sit on the shelf and keep on getting better, so maybe this’ll be a winner.

5 Likes

I find that with a lot of fruits, you really need a large percentage or they fade over time, layering seems to be pretty important and I’m always playing around with percentages.

6 Likes

Yeah, I got the custard cake as it looked interesting. Mixed it at 4% and just tested it today (14 day steep so far). It’s a little sweet but I am not getting much out of it so far… Made 30ml so see what it does down the track a bit.

6 Likes

You hit the nail squarely on the head there mate as my fridge where I keep all of my concentrates is nearly at bursting point and I have now got to the stage where I must be super careful with what I buy next. I am now up to 870 flavours in my stash and it’s time to tell myself to stop, enough is enough.

6 Likes

@muth, @Lucas_James_Holden, look, with all kidding aside, and peer pressure, you just need to decided what’s right for you guys. A BIG point that REALLY gets overlooked when talking about buying MORE flavors, has nothing to do with your flavor count. It is, what do you want to be able to MIX !!!

Maybe you only really want to mix a handful of your favorite recipes, maybe not looking to try newer/different recipes, and new flavors just aren’t needed. Again, that’s really up to the individual, and no one else can decide that for you.

I can’t say that I use all 1200-ish flavors I have regularly, BUT, whenever I get a strange request, or I see some random recipe, or I get a random desire to try something, most times I can. Now, that DOES come at an expense. Cost, and storage space (and a spreadsheet).

Regardless of where you guys sit with your flavor counts, or what you really want to mix, I’m anxious to see how SOME of these new flavors pan out. There ARE some that MAY be recycles, reissues, or restrengthed, but many appear to NOT be.

Let’s see if I can get my hands on them, or heaven forbid, if they’re UK only, maybe someone else will review them, and let’s see, what’s what.

1. Apple Strudel
  2. Berberis
  3. Bilbery Extra
  4. Blueberry Muffin
  5. Cactus
  6. Cherry
  7. Cola Twist
  8. Earl Grey Tea
  9. Feuoa
  10. Forest Fruit Extra
  11. Golden Syrup
  12. Grape Candy
  13. Indian Fig
  14. Mastiha
  15. Melon
  16. Melon Ice Cream
  17. Muscat Wine
  18. Oatmeal Cookie
  19. Pink Guava
  20. Pinus Sibirica
  21. Pomegranate Extra
  22. Rhum Cuban Deluxe
  23. Sea Buckthorn
  24. Strawberry Ice Cream
  25. Strawberry Jam
  26. Strawberry Mountain Forest
  27. Vanilla Popcorn
11 Likes

I’ve only just noticed Rhum Cuban Deluxe which (without checking it) I’m presuming is a Cuban cigar with FA Rhum added. I wasn’t particularly bowled over by their Cuban Cigar but their Jamaican Rhum hit the spot.
I could probably mix them myself to obtain a palatable juice but at what percentages until I’m happy?

If I see that one available to me it’s one I’d buy.

Edit…
Having just read the description it appears my assumption was wrong.

Rum & Coke?
Still might be worth a go.

4 Likes

Flavor art UK commented on my post on Instagram and said they were testing now

8 Likes

My latest orders were for others’ recipes that I wanted to try. Problem is, once i’m on a site to get those few flavors I see temptations along the way but that’s on me. But hey, I’m only human…
https://youtu.be/JoQZDAw6apQ

6 Likes

Anybody know what Sea Buckthorn tastes like?

6 Likes

See Lynda Marie’s post above. There’s a written description by FA.

5 Likes

I can already see the amount I’ll be tossing cuz I don’t use or not quick enough

6 Likes

Oh duh!.. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I won’t buy a 30ml until I’ve tested a sample bottle. Learned the hard way.

7 Likes

Sounds interesting but not what I would imagine Sea Buckthorn to taste like. I was thinking seaweed :rofl:

5 Likes

How to Grow Sea Buckthorn (Sea Berries)

7 Likes

Don’t toss it.
It’s just getting dark because you’re using it.
Keep mixing with it till it smells or tastes bad

10 Likes

Well you might get your wish @muth, just got the word that BCF is NOT going to be getting them, soooo …

10 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Cuz it doesn’t smell off at all

8 Likes

I get flavours that go darker all the time but they are still good. I think it is just a reaction to air after they have been opened and you start using them. My FA Irish Cream started a little dark but is now a deep reddish brown colour, still smells and tastes fine. :grinning:

My Cheesecake Olympus is not as clear as your new one, but not as dark as your old one and was only opened and used two weeks ago for a SFT.

7 Likes