FA and CAKE!

Oh, no, Amy, I am putting this recipe in my little book as conceived and created by you, especially if it’s gross ;o)
I spent part of my childhood across the road from an old Zoo with a fairground attached, it was impossible to avoid that wonderful aroma mixed with the sugar of candy floss.
I don’t know if they are throughout the States but these little heavenly rings in the photo are from a Tom Thumb in Wisconsin, I believe they are rolled in cinnamon sugar when they fall off the belt. They look very similar to the ones I remember. Naughty but very nice.

1 Like

I am trying to behave and those naughty donuts are screaming at me hee hee !!! They look delicious. Since you know very well what a funnel cake taste like I will be curious as to what you think of the FA joy.

1 Like

Devils food for sure. I was told to check out one of the places near me for proper doughnuts.
I had to laugh when I saw these:

THE BLUES KITCHEN

A controversial entry, but a worthy one all the same – the gluttonous chaps and chapesses at The Blues Kitchen have created Oreo doughnuts, made by coating the cookies in dough and deep frying them. The resultant gooey doughnut discs, served with a salted caramel sauce, are simultaneously very wrong and very right.

Food for thought for you, Amy.:heart_eyes:
Yes, it will be interesting to compare notes on our Joy creations soon.

3 Likes

Oh man, they had these at the theme park I lived near in Connecticut. They were sinfully delicious. I love that warm gooey cookie goodness! :yum:

2 Likes

They do look irresistible, I think I can hold out… until around Sunday lunchtime. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Glad I don’t live near them I’d be as big as a house. I did try a cupcake w/ Joy but don’t recall if I ever added
Chocolate Glazed donut to joy ? Then you’d have to try and find who makes a decent oreo flavor I have no idea bc I’d be drinking it probably in my milkshakes …instead of fruit smoothies.

I did this one a while back and remember it a lil being on the cinnamon side but I could pull out that cupcake and put in the CGD and add a brownie but no oreo in the stash

Joyful cream cupcakes

Ingredient %
Catalan Cream (FA) 0.5
Cream (Flavorah) 2
Joy (FA) 1.76
Marshmallow (TPA) 3
Milk and Honey (Flavorah) 1.26
Vanilla Cupcake v2 (CAP) 6

Flavor total: 14.51%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

All I’m getting with the Joy is stale beer, except for 1 recipe. If anyone is successful, please let me know. Meanwhile, my bottle is sitting in the drawer feeling neglected. Can’t get stale beer to vape good in any of my tanks at any temp :frowning:

3 Likes

Hee hee I get beer as well don’t know that I’ve been too successful with Joy. I am steeping ( I believe it is Boyboy’s recipe ) atm and will see if it does anything for me outside of tasting like beer and having a weird odd cool ending when I’m exhaling.

3 Likes

lol we do an Emeril recipe here where we deep fry Oreo’s in pancake batter then dust them with powdered sugar after… yummy

ooohhh we could do some chocolate with cream cheese icing for the oreo cookie hahahaha

2 Likes

I have read the same impression of stale beer from a few other DIY;rs.
My guess is some combination of Meringue for sweetening and Sugar Cookie for pound cake like (your choice of flavor types to complete the effect desired) would be an acceptable substitute/improvement. Anyone know of a way to get the intended Joy taste please advise.
I’m aware of a giant post regarding Joy, but I do not recall any mention of a DIY substitute.

2 Likes

Hi all.
I received my new FA order today with the Joy we have discussed and Nonna’s Cake among them. I can’t say I can smell anything from the Joy, but Nonna’s Cake is a delight, it really is lovely.
A proper yellow sponge cake aroma with something I can’t quite put my finger on, it’s a clean scent, a little medicinal perhaps? I am not really sure, I will have a better idea after I mix a sample up and get some air around it, I am unsure if it is a mistake or a new flavour bonus but the bottle could not contain any more concentrate, it’s brim full.
Looking forward to a few new bakery juices enormously :cake: < Well, it isn’t like our Nonna made, still, it’s cake.

4 Likes

yep that’s the description pretty much … sponge or angel cake

1 Like

Hello, Michelle, I haven’t seen the description yet, I must have a look on FA’s site, they were just putting it on the drop-downs when I ordered some. Yes, angel cake, that is actually spot on for this concentrate. It has been a while since I ate any If I remember correctly Angel cake does have an odd note, not unpleasant in the least but something else besides 'cake’
I am about to mix some now, every time I sit down to start I remember something else I need, so far: tea, vape gear, music, fresh bottles, I’ll get there soon :confused:

2 Likes

I think this is going to be a huge hit for FA… hope they get more bakery in too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do hope so, my kitchen smells lovely now from that and gingerbread cookie concentrate, I may start dabbing it on my neck :o)

A massive success could encourage FA to head further down that road, they have so much of everything else but so little of the bakery con’.

2 Likes

I just sampled my first drop of FA Nonna’s Cake after a 5 day steep and it is just lovely. I had a little concern when first smelling from the bottle on arrival, it had an odd note and as Michelle had mentioned it had been described as an Angel Cake flavour, this reminded me that Angel Cake does indeed have a strange note. I was also concerned after sniffing FA Biscotto/Cookie in the bottle and finding a very similar aroma.
However, and as much as I like FA Biscotto they are quite different animals.
Nonna’s Cake is a wonderful… well cake! Very clean and light not too sweet on the inhale but a definite sweetness on the exhale. I imagine this will prove a perfect addition for all bakery liquid lovers, I can see it mixing happily with anything you would favour an actual cake with, vanilla to chocolate and strawberry to pears and everything in-between.
I could happily vape this anytime and all day but imagine it will be a superb after meal vape especially for weight watchers, it certainly gives that ahhhhh feeling a dessert often can. All in all the only downside is I haven’t yet bought 100ml. There is no hint of anything but sponge cake, nothing artificial nor any hint of an odd aftertaste. FA have worked wonders with this and going back to Michelle’s post above, could hopefully inspire the company to go further down this road. I am fortunate to have married an Italian girl and visit as often as possible, as anyone else who visits knows there are a ridiculous amount of fabulous cakes and biscuits for FA to get stuck into.

My sample mix was a stand-alone made using 7% Nonna’s Cake to allow for -/+ adjustments and remember it was very fresh when vaped. I use a 40%VG/60%PG, 0.6 Nic. A 7% concentrate seems ideal to me as a single flavour at this moment, it could well develop a little more yet so 7% might be too much in the long run. I am already anxious to ‘bake’ a few cakes after a couple of hours with this juice.

3 Likes

I’ve got some on the way :slight_smile: Looking forward to playing with it!

2 Likes

Me too daath, and to see what the real wizards can conjure up too. :grinning:

4 Likes

Any word on when bvc might get nonna FA in?

Nicotine River has it $6.50 for 60 mls.

HIC’s take on Nonna’s Cake…

2 Likes