Facebook group for mixers!

The response to the Facebook group has been incredible!!! It’s soooo nice to meet the people who enjoy the hobby!!!

1 Like

A frother works great. Best 7 bux I’ve spent for diy. I bought it over a year ago and it’s still going strong. I can steep my juice, and add nic when I fill a 30 ml bottle and the frother attachment fits.

I would imagine most people on here or in any of those groups already knows of DIY or Die.

You’re talking as if the group was full of aliens or something lol, most of the members will have come from here, also it’s new, so give it a chance I guess.

They did not accept me as a member. I give up.

1 Like

I am a follower of that page.

I got booted from this group for discussing a USP PG found at a chain store (Tractor Supply) and starting a discussion on the strong flavor concentrates like the Seedman flavors. I guess they got nervous about these topics and thought it was dangerous. Kids these days…be weary of these FB groups.

lol…don’t even bother! You don’t want to join there. One member there was trying to emphasis ‘food grade’ is somehow better than USP! USP is the most stringent and toughest standard to meet (pharmacy/medical grade). You find the best information at forums like this one or over at ECF. Sadly, a lot of these teen groups will often steer people in the wrong direction.

Its facebook trolls in general that bother me lol…it was nice of you to reinforce it. Thank you!

Do you get a lot of air bubbles when you froth?
I use a magnetic stirrer because I already had it for years, mixing metal colloids [silver-gold].

Yeah I get tons of air bubbles. The frother really pulls air down into the mix.

So, the air isn’t a problem? It must not remain after steeping, right?

Wow, why not? Did you not take a shower first ? :innocent:

Another thing that happened I thought was kind of strange there…I had mentioned being a former cigarette smoker I really enjoy some of the tobacco flavors, Cuban Cigar as an example being one of my favorites. The admin had replied any discussion regarding tobacco is not welcome here and that is when I got the boot. Like I said prior, seems to be a small circle of friends that want to control all discussion topics, anything they don’t like or care for is not welcome. You can’t make this stuff up, that is how it went down.

Did they really boot you for that tractor supply post I you made?

i have no idea if it’s a problem tbh. i’ve never heard of it being a problem until someone mentioned it on that facebook group. the air bubbles do go away after a few hours. frothing is a pretty common mixing method, so i doubt it’s an issue.

1 Like

Finding PG at a local store is huge. I’ve never seen it anywhere… just VG at walmart. I’m sure plenty of people were happy to see it.

I’m going to post one of my tobacco recipes and see how committed they are to this rule.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought it would be a problem [at that time] when I read it…and then I replied as you saw…the more I think about it, just shaking it…I shake until I get lotsa bubbles…maybe my mind was thinking egg whites and meringue. Or splattering it all over. What container do you use when frothing, a beaker?

I use a beaker when I froth. I also usually need to heat it up a bit due to the high VG content being pretty thick.

1 Like

Yes they did, that and my discussion about the super strong concentrates from Seedman and INA (tobacco flavors). I didn’t like them, wanted to get feedback if anyone had luck with those flavors. That discussion and Tractor Supply 100% USP PG got me the boot.