Favor has been fulfilled! Thank you all so much! šŸ˜Š

For some reason, every coil Iā€™ve made for it either burns up when I test it (six in a row!! Just burned up in the middle at 30 watts, within 4 seconds!!) or it says ā€œatomizer lowā€ or ā€œno atomizerā€. Iā€™m using a widely spaced thread screw to make spaced coils, 5-6 winds around, and Iā€™ve watched several YouTube videos including the one you shared with me but I just canā€™t seem to get it to do right :sweat::confused::worried::frowning:

6 Likes

@Dan_the_Manā€¦ can you help @Wombatred26 :stuck_out_tongue: :kissing_heart: :v: :beers:

5 Likes

Just got mine a few days ago and Iā€™m loving the little beastie. Highly recommend.

7 Likes

I have been looking at it but atmā€¦ no new mods etcā€¦ will see, maybe next week.

6 Likes

Just now seeing this, glad everyone here was able to help you out! I would have sent you something to use but glad youā€™re all set!

Glad things like this are happening within our community rather then arguing about stuff while weā€™re all stressed for one reason or another. Hopefully more helping eachother happens and less arguing. Much love everyone stay safe!

10 Likes

In the long run, youā€™ll see more than less. Iā€™ve been shown lots of love when needed and Iā€™m sure so have others. Itā€™s how it starts.
ā€œā€¦never break the chainā€

7 Likes

Yes, @Gsnap, as I said above, everyone has been so kind and helpful! I was honestly shocked that so many jumped to help little old me so quickly!

Again, everyone is appreciated and spoken of with great positive feelings in my household, tonight. :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

I assume you are referring to the two atties I sent (in the above quoted portion)ā€¦

Well I was just thinking about the Joyetech Ekee kitā€¦ (since you lost the fire button on your mod).
The kit came with both an atty and a mod, so I thought even if you didnā€™t like the atty it came with, or the other atties I sentā€¦ At least the mod would be useful!

6 Likes

Yes, the atomizers both burn up the coils for some reason. At the moment, I donā€™t feel comfortable switching to an RDA because Iā€™m apparently doing something wrong in my coil makingā€¦?

I donā€™t have any other atomizers to use with it. My husband has a VooPoo Mojo that the atomizers fit on, as well but they burn up the coils on there, as wellā€¦

Iā€™ll just pick up some pre made coils, on the first, I guess. Maybe thatā€™ll work better.

5 Likes

I would be more than glad to help but I am sure @Sprkslfly has a handle on it. Also, I am not sure what help I can give.

This thread has certainly lifted my spirits and hit me right in the Feels. :happycry: :hugs: :grinning:

6 Likes

If you unscrew the atty from your smok mod and put it on the Ekee mod ā€¦ that still doesnā€™t work? :crazy_face:
Even if you donā€™t like the mod, it should at least keep you going until you have something better.

5 Likes

The Smok isnā€™t a mod, itā€™s a pen, with a tank and a premade cartridge type coil. It doesnā€™t fit either the Ekee or the VooPoo my husband hasā€¦ :worried:

It doesnā€™t have a 510 style attach point. Itā€™s a great big fat spot and the cartridge/coil doesnā€™t fit either device. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

6 Likes

Ah that explains a lot ā€¦ one of the reasons Iā€™m not a fan of those AIO devices. 1 part fails and itā€™s good for the bin.
If you want something that can be fixed, buy something with separate batteries and a removable tank :wink:

5 Likes

When I have enough spare cash, I will definitely do that. Right now, itā€™s just not in the budget, ya know? With the RDA stuff with removable batteries comes all the extras: cotton wicking, coils, batteries of course, plus the mod, attys, you know how it goes. Right now, Iā€™ll stick with what I know but the RDA/boxmod stuff is definitely in the future!! :smile::smile:

3 Likes

Initially, it may cost you a few $'s more to buy a mod with separate batteries but every 1 or 2 years your battery will fail. New batteries are a fraction of the price compared to buying a whole new starter kit.

You donā€™t need to get an RDA or RTA with such a device, you can still stick to a tank with commercial coils. However, if youā€™re low on budget, those commercial coils will rapidly cost you a lot more than a rebuildable atty. Wire and wicks cost next to nothing, commercial coils are something like $2-$3 each. For the price of 1 coil, I can vape more than a year on an RDA or RTA so it is worth getting some practice.
If you need help with it, start a new thread, give some info and post a few pics of whatā€™s going wrong. There are plenty people here who can and will help you with it.

If I was in your situation, Iā€™d just go and buy a new tank and use that on the Ekee mod that @Sprkslfly sent you. Itā€™ll be the easiest and cheapest option to get you going and in the meantime you do some research to see what options are best for you (and maybe find a good sale) and learn how to get your rebuildables up and running.

6 Likes

Not what I was asking, Sorry @Dan_the_Man

Can you teach her how to wrap coils?? I know she would really appreciate it. She is having some issues and you can explain it better than I can on one cuppa coffee :wink:

6 Likes

I can indeed help with that, though, I am curious about the wire burning up in the middle which usually means a hard short. I would love to see a picture of the failed coil. What kind of RDA was being used?

5 Likes

APVlab Colossal Titan II RDA.

I threw away the burned up coil. Iā€™ll see if I can get it to do it again. It glowed red/orange (like the YouTube video showed) for about a second when I tested it. I let off the fire button and did it again and it was already burned up!

5 Likes

what kind of wire are you using?

3 Likes

Glowing coils is good to check if you have any hot spots and to see if (if you have a dual coil atty) both coils glow evenly. It can also be used to burn off gunk to clean your coils.
But just a little glow is more than good enough, they donā€™t need to get red hot, white is even worse. What you see on videos isnā€™t always representative of reality because not all cameras capture heat the same way. It often looks brighter than it is in reality.
Excessive heat will melt the metal coil, make changes to the structure of the metal and, like in your case, even burn up. You can even damage the o-rings, peak insulator and other non-metal parts of your atty that way so always be careful when you glow coils. Youā€™re better doing it in a darker environment and stop when you see a mild glow.
Once you have wicks and juice in your atty, theyā€™re being cooled and wonā€™t glow as you vape.

5 Likes