Favorite Banana Pudding Of All Time

Funny how a simple idea can turn into something you could easily ADV. I’d seriously put this banana pudding up against any commercial one and think it could beat it hands down. BTW that’s not being cocky it’s just that I’ve been trying to find a banana I liked for a long time and the simplicity of the idea that worked has floored me. @SessionDrummer came up with the Whipped Cream idea for this and did it with Flavorah which I didn’t have, so I subbed out with TPA and well… can’t stop vaping this one so I made 120mls of it. Session I added a new recipe because you did all FLV and I didn’t so they very well could be different based on the Whipped Cream (no idea if TPA and FLV taste the same) The banana still hasn’t muted.

PS: I think this should be added to the beginner series because it’s so uncomplicated. @DanTheMan

10 Likes

They do not taste the same :slight_smile:

Flavorah’s whipped cream is unlike any other. It is the true whipped thick (or light depending on how heavy you go) just lushy… TFA is like that generic can of whipped cream you bought by mistake :wink:

8 Likes

Very inspiring share Michelle! TY!

I’m subbing out Banana Ripe (FR) @ 0.5% and Whipped Cream (FA) @ 2% just for a starting point… Can’t wait to mix it and give it a shot!

5 Likes

Idk about flavorah, but tfa whipped cream has triacetine in it, which does a really good job of making all your other ingredients taste more “blended” together, I use it at 1-2% anytime I have a recipe that flavors are sitting on top of each other instead of mixing together, most recently in a lemon cookie where the lemon tastes more like lemon icing on top of a sugar cookie, add 1.5% tfa whipped cream and now I have a lemon cookie with no icing:)

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more @authormichellehughes.

Not cocky if it’s TRUE !!!

Hehe, same here.

Well it’s your call Michelle, if you want me to pull mine I will. It was your idea. Maybe I should go mix some more up !!!

5 Likes

FINALLY, I"ll get some @anon84779643 pointZ !!!

4 Likes

Post back @Sprkslfly, but if you get a chance, mix it up with no subs, and see how it fares as well.

4 Likes

And our SD gains 100 points for his all FLV recipe!! :tada: :tada: :heart: :crazy_face: :star_struck: :wink:

3 Likes

What % FLV whipped did you use?

2 Likes
5 Likes

Seriously keep yours Session, like I said that TPA vs FLV could have very different results :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Sorry, but I just don’t have any interest in any other bananas at this point.

3 Likes

Just curious @SessionDrummer, how much steep time would you suggest on this one bud? I made a tester 8 days ago and all this talk has got me “champing at the bit” :drooling_face:. BTW, it smells pretty nice. Cheers…

3 Likes

most of mine only need 3-5 days… sometimes 7…
due to how high the cookie and pudding is… I’d say 8-12 days… maybe even 14…
Only way to know is to try it out. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @anon84779643. I’m gonna dive in after 12. Then I can have a “Friday Night Treat” to reward myself for a hard week at work :crazy_face:. Cheers…

3 Likes

I couldn’t wait and tore into mine at 3 days :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m NOT the FLV expert, but this one’s SOO GOOD, it only lasted a WEEK steeping, before I had to get into it. Maybe 5 days, but 7 (if you can), won’t hurt.

4 Likes

Hmm… SD reckons 5-7 but Smoky reckons 8-12 maybe 14 …. On the other hand, Michelle ripped into it after only 3 :wink:. I hate making decisions :crazy_face:.

4 Likes

Just do it lmao… :stuck_out_tongue:
You can always make more… go larger next time and forget about it for a week or 2… :rofl: :coffee:

3 Likes

I have yours steeping now Smoky, I had to wait on my dang bottles to arrive because I’ve been mixing like a CRAZY lady lately LOL

3 Likes