Favorite ohm range, and why?

Personally, I have not been using anything with enough power for effective super low ohm builds so i find around 0.3-0.5 to be my sweet spot with subtank mini and rba (for my Evic Vtwo around 35watts) on my ipv3 aromamizer supreme, i have been going a little lower. Usually around 0.2-0.25ohm and 75-100watt but without tc on that device i rarely push it any further on that one. Once i have a decent high watts tc device ill definitely do more closer to .08 - .15 with my titanium…

3 Likes

Good question.
I have a varied range, depending on how i vape.
Generally in the mornings i have my mtl set ups and they range from 1.4 ohm to 0.5.
I use 1.4 ohm’s because this is the closest i find that’s the equivalent to a draw on a cigarette and is the first i reach for in the am. As i move from morning to noon i use the other end of the range on my mtl’s.
Afternoons i go on to the dtl mods/tanks and they range from 0.08 to 0.4.
The deep water builds I always use titanium, i find this to be the cleanest vape of all, and that’s all thanks to @Pro_Vapes 's advice, this build gives me some of the best flavour ever. Period.
My higher dtl builds tend to be claptons, fused claptons, paralle fused claptons and the like , these have slower ramp up times but give good flavour and vapor production and because there not as low as the deep water builds, battery run time is a bonus.

2 Likes

This is around the range I stay…anywhere from .05 - .12 no matter what kind of coil I build, whether it be claptons, fused claptons, zippers, twisted, or regular plain coils, it is always titanium…usually vaped between 100 - 125 watts…and I love it! Great flavor and very dense clouds!

Do you vape titanium in wattage mode?

1 Like

Right now i have
Aromamizer supreme on ipv3 - 0.2ohm SS316l 26/30 claptons, dual coil, 4 wraps each. 2.5ID

Subtank Mini (RBA) - 0.5ohm 26g SS316l basic single coil 8 wraps, 2ID

Royal Hunter Mini RDA - 0.21ohm has a single coil 28g / 30g / 30g SS316 staggered fused clapton 2.5ID, 4 wraps

I will be changing it up some today but my AM has been spent primarily with my evic vtwo mini and subtank. Been too lazy and its too early to get up to refill my aromamizer right now lol havin some coffee first lol

1 Like

No, never, I have always heard that was a big no, no! I only use TC, however I usually use my own TCR instead of regular Ti mode. And I was inspired by @Pro_Vapes deep water build as well!

3 Likes

It’s 1:20 pm here now, i was up 5 hrs ago lol. :yum:
@SunnyT that’s good to hear, for a moment there i thought you were going to say yes. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nope! I have a RX200 and I use it at TCR setting of 350, but I also set the wattage to between 100 and 125 watts! I see how my original post could have made you think that!

2 Likes

I use the same set up with the same tcr. I find the ti setting in the rx menu to be usless unless you can get the new/old coil msg and even then the 0350 tcr does better.
I only use 75w on mine though and that’s enough to reach the temp i like. 450-480f.

Yeah it is only 6:30AM here, in Salt Lake City.
My girlfriend gets up at 4:30AM for work, so I usually wake up with her.

2 Likes

I hope my titanium turns up today so i can give this Deep water build a try. Out of interest, do you straighten your wire before making the coils or use it straight of the reel?

2 Likes

Well good morning brother. :sunglasses:

Yes, the 0350 tcr does do way better than the Ti setting…I like a pretty warm vape though so I am anywhere between 480 to 540 depending on what tank I am using…currently I am using a TFV4 with a dual coil rba…I have 3 x 28 gauge twisted ti at 5 wraps that is .12 ohms vaping at 100 watts and 500 degrees.

1 Like

I find you get less hot spots to work out if you straighten the wire first. But generally i only straighten wire for claptons or twisting, for basic quick builds i usually just snip what i need from the spool and coil it up… I dont like to take much time on the basic coils lol.
This probably doesnt apply to Ti so much since i mainly use kanthal or stainless steel.

2 Likes

When using ti you don’t twist it but most importantly you must clean it. Use some alcohol like vodka or similar and a wipe, clean it really well.
Edit:- should of said, don’t twist it for a spaced 22g deep water build.

1 Like

I’ve got mine in my aromamizer v2 and it’s a 22g ti 5/6 wraps, dual 2.5ID at 450f. I like a cooler vape.

3 Likes

I love 22 gauge ti, but I have run out at the moment! I have been using a lot of 24 gauge recently, but I wanted to see what I can fit into the tf-r2, which actually isn’t much!

I only have 22g Ti, my evic vtwo just doesnt have the power to push it really without getting too hot (too high amps on single battery) and my ipv3 is the non tc 150w version so i have been using SS for power mode on that…

1 Like

I gave up on the tfv4 a while ago because there were so many newer rdta’s coming out which were much easier to build on. I found the tfv4 restrictive aswell but once I moved on the builds got alot easier.

2 Likes

Watch that build on a single 18650, you can overload the battery quickly with that low an ohm build. Be safe.

2 Likes