Favorite ohm range, and why?

I have always liked the TFV4, never had one problem with it, no leaking (which is a big plus) and it hold the 22 gauge deep water build with no problem, it has been my go to tank since it came out! Don’t get me wrong, I wish I could afford some more tanks to play with, but I am a stay at home mom and full time student so I don’t work. I actually won the TFV4 from a contest Lars had here on ELR a while ago, or I probably would have never had that either!

2 Likes

It’s a great atty, don’t get me wrong, i had 2 of them myself, but i am disabled and have only partial use of my right hand so i found it hard to build on with the two coils having to meet under those screws. I much prefer the velocity style decks where you can put each leg of the coils in and tighten them down individually.

1 Like

Oh yes, I completely understand, I too would much rather have a velocity deck to build on!

1 Like

I only run my subtank mini and sometimes the little tiny royal hunter mini on the vtwo mini since i got my ipv3 ive left my aromamizer on that with bigger builds and my small - midsized builds go on the vtwo mini. Usually single coil builds or 0.3-0.5 ohm. The royal hunter mini has 0.21 ohm SS316l staggered fused clapton build but it’s only single coil build 4 wraps. Only draws around 8-10amps pending wattage setting, and usually is only around 40 watts range or so for a nice thick vape. All of my builds that are active right now are stainless steel

2 Likes

I stay at.4 to .5 ohms on coils and builds. I use A1 Kanthal and Vape at 29.5 to 32 Watts. My nic level stays between 2.0 and 4.0 mg. Anything outside that range for me is uncomfortable or not enough vapor :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am definitely impressed with my little Royal Hunter Mini RDA setup right now. Used some label tape and cut a piece to fit and blocked off one side of the airflow. Left the side the coil is on open full and then just popped one hole on the top of the blocked side. Stuffed a bunch of rayon pulling strands thru to the coil side between the posts, perfect juice channels. Wicked as normal making sure to get the wick from coil and otherside mixed up together good. Drip onto coil and wick till saturated and boom tiny setup with big vapes. With the empty half of the rda filled with a nice big wadd of rayon it acts almost like a tank. Couple ml into the wadd. Just thought id share some pics. Dont mind my really messed up staggered clapton hah not very good at it yet thats first one ive tried of that so far…

4 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

With Ti I prefer between .14 to .06 depending on the wire gauge and the mod. DNA 200 vs Joytech XX. I still enjoy kanthal and claptons for dripping. Various resitances between .7 to .2 depending if it’s mech or regulated.
B

2 Likes

I usually go with 0.5ohm with ss316L. That way I can choose power mode or tc. Normally between 50-70w. Temp normally around 495 for tc mode.

Right now I am rocking a dual ss316L Clapton at 0.25ohm. Sadly the coils don’t vape right in tc mode??? I can explain why because in power mode they are just fine in my aromamizer supreme 25mm. Maybe @Pro_Vapes @Whiterose0818 @Mofogger can advise.

only thing i can say is that i see lotsa problems with people vaping with contact coils in TC

3 Likes

Time for a teachable moment. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Why.

Contact coils reduce the resistance of the wire and so affect TC as the resistance is used to calculate the temperature.
Thats how i understand it.

6 Likes

ima go with jhmiller on this one. something to do with resistance stability. my knowledge comes with experience, not text books

3 Likes

What mod you using with your ss build?
I’m same as whitrose and jhmiller has said about resistance and I’ll add you get better flavour from spaced. Imo

4 Likes

@Whiterose0818 nailed it…

Not sure why they do that though…?

1 Like

Ipv5.
So fair it does tc on a 6 strand weave ss316L single coil build in my dripper. And sadly but greatful it’s the same build for the last month there because I clean lightly dry fire the coil and soft brush then rewick and its golden.

2 Likes

Are you using the preset or your own tcr? I ask because the ipv5 is pre set for 304ss.

1 Like

My own tcr. The 000092 one

Tell me more. I haven’t run TC in my ipv5 yet but I run SS316L on it all the time. I’m not sure that I understand the TCR part.