Favorite quotes

Sometimes in life, you’ll have sh*t in your hands. Don’t clap.

Me to my son. For now and always.

9 Likes

The things I’ve noticed about my boys.

1. They take on the worst traits and habits of their parents
  2. They hear everything and remember only the stuff you don’t want them to remember.
  3. They’re good at swearing, but not in front of me.
9 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

Intelligence is quickness in seeing things as they are.
GEORGE SANTAYANA

9 Likes

Whoever invented the idea that your harshest critic is yourself was clearly never married.

13 Likes

I read this quote and immediately thought of Putin :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

As long as we are human, we are bound to make mistakes. We all fall prey to flawed beliefs and views. What separates a forward-looking person from an intransigent one, a virtuous person from a malevolent one, however, is whether one can candidly admit to ones mistakes and take bold steps to redress them.

SGI President Daisaku Ikeda

10 Likes

One of my favourite songs from Cohen, I guess the song was written about Janis Joplin… Here is the closing line:

I don’t mean to suggest that I loved you the best
I can’t keep track of each fallen robin
I remember you well in Chelsea Hotel
That’s all, I don’t even think of you that often

And here is an amazing cover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hKFZFcg7Cs

6 Likes

Things that were hard to bear are sweet to remember.
LUCIUS ANNAEUS SENECA

10 Likes

That is so very true. We take great pride in looking back at our most difficult achievements.

10 Likes

Golden memories :smiling_face: for sure.

2 Likes

I attended a zoom meeting this afternoon with the topic of “Peace Starts with Us”. Some quotes were put forth that reminded me of your quote about weapons vs human nature. Lol, the slides were going by fast so I quickly hit the screenshot keys so I could save them…

7 Likes

Very true. Even with all the worlds weapons eliminated humans will simply resort to (literally) sticks and stones when warranted. I don’t see the ‘animality within us’ ever being consciously controlled. Maybe the stoners would be the exception! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Ha, putting chuckles aside, that’s why it’s up to us to go through our own personal human revolution.

5 Likes

Here is something worth reading.

Just a cursory knowledge of world history and humanity shows that we have become less violent and brutal over time. We’ve come quite some distance since Hobbes wrote,

“…And the life of man, solitary, poore, nasty, brutish, and short.”

Will we ever be angels? I doubt it, but I know from my own experience that life in America is not as dangerous as many would have us believe. Unless you live in Chicago, then you’re just fucked.

8 Likes

Don’t lose hope my friends. There is a secret that not many know but all should and need to know and that is;
human consciousness. We have it in us to be as one. All of humanity can be as one mind and if or when that happens we will realize our “g*dness” but it can only be achieved through love. Obviously, we have a long way to go.

8 Likes

8 Likes

“We’re human beings with the blood of a million savage years on our hands, but we can stop it. We can admit that we are killers, but we’re not going to kill today. That’s all it takes. Knowing that we won’t kill today.”

Captain James T. Kirk

10 Likes

Obstacles cannot crush me; every obstacle yields to stern resolve.
LEONARDO DA VINCI

6 Likes

11 Likes