Favorite quotes

I thought this was the perfect quote to share for all the DIYrs new to & experienced.

12 Likes

@Mark_Turner WOW !! I had not seen this quote before and it is SO TRUE (for many areas of life). Thanks for making my day with this quote.

6 Likes

10 Likes

Even if all is covered by lies, even if all is under their rule, let us resist in the smallest way: Let their rule hold not through me! And as for him who lacks the courage to defend even his own soul: Let him not brag of his progressive views, boast of his status as an academician or a recognized artist, a distinguished citizen or general. Let him say to himself plainly: I am cattle, I am a coward, I seek only warmth and to eat my fill.
ALEKSANDR SOLZHENITSYN

7 Likes

I have a book of his on my wish list, picked up quite a few lately, about 8 or so, from Huxley, Freud, Ginsberg, Nietzche etc.

5 Likes

I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.
FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT

7 Likes

3 Likes

I don’t get it.
A woman simply is… Is what? Women are many things!
But a man must become… What do we need to become? Men are men!

Why can’t people just come out with it and be more specific instead of saying this mystical, one-size-fits-all mumbo jumbo?

12 Likes

I think what she meant is in a traditional way; boys have to become men at some point, to be regarded as a man (some never do). Women don’t have to change. Here is a similar one

4 Likes

I’m not sure about that one, either, sounds old school. Who is Camille Paglia?

3 Likes

@Mikser that DOES sound about right.

3 Likes

Yeah well I’m still not buying it. Sure a boy has to become a man. It’s the rite of passage, with many cultures adding some variance into the mix. But the same can be said for a girl. She isn’t born with instant woman-like qualities. She still has to learn much of the traits that will make her a women. Everyone of us is a product of our environment which, in turn, influences how we enter adulthood and how we see and treat people in the world around us. Not to sound disrespectful and I’m not bashing your post so get get me wrong. But Camille sounds like a either a tree hugger or one of those “hear me roar” types.

5 Likes

“Happiness should come as a By-product of what you do, it should not be a goal”

8 Likes

Problem is that quote if true it’s still leads to a 50% divorce rate. You aren’t going to change anyone who doesn’t change on their own.

6 Likes

It says neither men or women have realistic expectations. :grin:

7 Likes

Ain’t that the truth…

4 Likes

The final sentence of that is,

“And both are eventually disappointed.”

7 Likes

The further society drifts from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it.
SELWYN DUKE

10 Likes

Lmao TZ :rofl: . Hey, I think I may be a tree hugger. I recently hauled my pole cutter out to a tree on conservation land and gave it a badly needed pruning. After that I talked to it a little and wished it luck. I think it likes me :rofl:

6 Likes

And now I know why I like that pine tree so much. Take a look at this…

4 Likes