Favorite quotes

Thx, I was just about to use SSA Caramel Biscuit in a recipe :frowning_with_open_mouth:

5 Likes

That seems to be a British favorite.

5 Likes

Well with the Carry On anniversary and its acceptance as being progressive adds to the general Brit joy today

I am currently writing a very long post/script for a 3 hour documentary about why Trump has no Christian values, while he presents all which is contrary to this faith. And his support comes from corrupt (though I could say Satanic) Evangelicals who are also completely divorced from reality.

So a fun deep dive into all. Though trying to find any evidence of him actually choosing to read The Bible (capitalised to denote the accepted Protestant version -KJ, NKJ, NRSV, Good News et al).

4 Likes

That is something i would love to read. I hope you will share it when appropriate.

3 Likes

Odd, I posted here about whether you had a specific point of interest regarding the Bible and my posts were deleted on two forums.

4 Likes

Hmm, I didn’t see anything like that. I also don’t see the quote I posted from Buddhist text. Is it because politics and religion are a “no no”?

ETA: Sorry, I got mixed up with the other thread, “What made you think today?” But still, your post shouldn’t have been deleted, I don’t think.

4 Likes

Well we did discuss such matters outside of the accepted idolised American lip service cultic pyramid scheme that claims to be Christian.

I could, and I have, written hundreds of pages examining this anomaly/heresy/blasphemy/stupidity.

The massive gap is people who identify as Christian and blindly follow one who has broken the tablets of Moses’ logic.

It’s why ‘American Faith’ and ‘American Christianity’ have become accepted terms in the bitchy space of journal submissions wating for peer review.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree with you more.

4 Likes

6 Likes

“Get OFF the nuclear warhead.”

“Just wanted to feel the power between my legs.”

8 Likes

Rockhound has the best lines in that movie…
Yeah, I remember this one. It’s where the the coyote sat his ass down in a slingshot then he strapped himself to an Acme rocket. Is that what we’re doin’ here? No, really, because it didn’t work out too well for the coyote, Harry.

5 Likes

MO Classic.

2 Likes

We’re all familiar with the popular proverb, “Quit while you’re ahead”.
This is what happens when you ignore that good advice.

I don’t find humor in health issues but this is blatant proof of what we’ve been saying all along, there must be term limits. It’s obvious that our politicians’ response to giving up their power is, “From my cold, dead hands”.

9 Likes

The tragedy is not that he’d be running for reelection,
the tragedy is that he’d actually have real chances to be reelected.

A person whom you wouldn’t trust your 4 y/o kid to walk him in the park alone or drive a car 100 miles by themselves shouldn’t come anywhere near to decision making (and those who actually vote for these people should get their voting rights revoked).

6 Likes

Great points you make there, Mikser. I know there’s people who vote out of sentiment because they’ve told me so. It’s one thing to like your politician but it’s another when you refuse to recognize they can’t function at the job anymore and you continue to support their selfish needs or inability to make sound decisions due to medical conditions. Either one is no good.

3 Likes

Cognitive Testing for ALL of them !!!

5 Likes

Hurricane Gert killed 116 people back in 1993, yet they still dig him up every six years just to let him aimlessly wonder around and do nothing. What will it take to retire this old fool? It’s like he’s a member of congress or something :grin:

5 Likes

“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it is not open.”
Frank Zappa

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum side of things @LagartijaNick!! We have a pretty cool group of ppl here that are willing to help if you shall ever need it. :blush:

7 Likes

“Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
Albert Camus

9 Likes