Favorite quotes

Let’s hear some?!

2 Likes

Well, I’m not a bot and maybe you’re afraid that previous quotes were automatically posted by some sort of them. If we want speculate about it then AI can create even this post too or anything else in quite complete autonomy. So I can start a conversation but you’ll never completely aware of my own speech nature.
Just joking, or maybe not! :joy:

1 Like

I think he’s yanking your chain. LOL

2 Likes

Maybe I’ve to bark! :joy:

2 Likes

Another great example about making assumptions is the case of Cheech Marin winning Celebrity Jeopardy against Anderson Cooper. Slow and dim witted pot smoker? He not only proved everyone wrong in their assumptions but also that he has a gift for playing stereotypes in movies as well.

6 Likes

Totally agree with you there Muth. Makes it harder to reach across the aisle.
The geriatrics on both sides need to give it a rest. and hand it off to a more competent generation.
Go sit on a beach and drink Mai Ti’s. Wait… :thinking:

5 Likes

I’m not an ageist, I just saw Norman Lear (101) in an interview and if you didn’t know him you wouldn’t know how old he was by his conversation but when folks start having cognitive issues, no matter what age, I don’t want them making decisions for me.

5 Likes

Neither am I. But covering up clear signs of cognitive issues to preserve power needs to be dealt with by someone…anyone who isn’t staring blankly off into space, having to be led off stage or unable to complete a full sentence or thought.
I recently read about a pharmacist who tells of regularly filling Alzheimer prescriptions for many of our aging “leaders”. Even though he probably broke some HIPA laws by saying so, that’s just plain scary.

Here’s some quotes:

Growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional. Walt Disney

If you’re not getting older, you’re dead. Tom Petty :smiling_face_with_tear:

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. Mark Twain

9 Likes

From the man who brought us Peter Pan :grinning:

6 Likes

Maybe if they actually put their minds to work they wouldn’t lose them.

4 Likes

And one for our illustrious world leaders :roll_eyes:

“It is impossible to build one’s own happiness on the unhappiness of others. This perspective is at the heart of Buddhist teachings.”

7 Likes

“If the people who make the decisions are the people who will also bear the consequences of those decisions, perhaps better decisions will result.” John Abrams

11 Likes

They don’t seem to bear the consequences of anything.

2 Likes

They just don’t care! :weary:

2 Likes

“At age 20, we worry about what others think of us…
at age 40, we don’t care what they think of us…
at age 60, we discover they haven’t been thinking of us at all.”

calvin3.png

12 Likes

Well, it’s difficult to reach real freedom; we’re all trapped by the blackmail of social life and conventions.

3 Likes

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
Robert Frost

8 Likes

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”
Benjamin Franklin

5 Likes

Well done, I figured out how to recover a deleted post. Now I feel less like an idiot, well obviously it’s just an illusion! :rofl: :innocent:

5 Likes

Fear of being thought cowardly by a beautiful woman is a major reason why men go to war, get in cage fights, wrestle alligators, and subject themselves to ballroom dancing lessons. --Dean Koontz

8 Likes