FDA Deeming regulations are published

FAR from it, in fact.

We must rally behind CASAA, SAFTA and other such organizations. Bombard your legislators with letters, e-mails, and phone calls whenever possible, to educate them (their staff) so they’ll realize that the FDA has erred, and over-reached their authority. Send them the links to the RCP study, Dr. Farsalinos’ research, and other such pertinent scientific data. Also in your communications to them, demand that they take up these regulations in a Congressional Review. Congressional Review Act - Wikipedia

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath. hehehe

1 Like

We are all fucking sheep. Oblivious for the most part to what is going on behind closed doors in the offices of our elected officials. These regulations have been in the works long before we started talking about them. The government has been jacking up taxes on cigarettes for years. Supposedly to “protect us from harm”. To help fight cancer. Blah blah fucking blah. Less people smoke every year. So the cost of cigs goes up every year to ensure the cashflow going into the pockets of big tobacco stays the same. Which means the cashflow to these crooked politicians remains the same.

Vaping is cutting into the pockets of every rich prick politician. And that is pissing them off. But rather than come up with a solution “for the people” they would rather keep the flow of money coming in and keep us smoking. These regulations will kill thousands and thousands of people every year who would have quit smoking with vaping. How the hell did this country come to tolerate shit like this? Rights? Freedom? What the fuck is that shit?

This country used to be a great super power. Now it is full of greed and corruption. China is taking billions of dollars from us to sustain our craving for nicotine because we are too fat and lazy to do it ourselves. I am not ok with that, just as our government is not ok with that. But the solution is for these wealthy bastards to start producing better vape gear here. Tobacco is dead or dying. Fucking move on people. You are losing money selling tobacco products? Fucking adapt! Just like the people that founded this country used to do.

If you have a Fcebook page, a Twitter account, or a grocery store with a bulletin board… share these articles. Share the petition. Join vaping groups in your area. Get the word out. It is going to take every one of us joining together in one great big fucking group and telling these bastards to fuck off and leave my vape alone!

3 Likes

@LordVapor Be aware I have deleted this FDA statement being at this point I’m not completely sure it is accurate. There just may be a way that both large juice companies and Vape Shops can remain in business. I have not verified that we can stay in business as of this time but am listening closely. Possibly you may want to delete your share since it MAY not be accurate…

2 Likes

Done!
5 char

Everyone needs to “Strongly Disagree” with this USA Today editorial…

BUMP…

I know the major premise of this forum is about DIY juice mixing… however, I don’t understand why this thread isn’t getting more traffic? :confounded:

1 Like

88 posts in 2 days isn’t bad traffic on this site. As for me, these regulations have been in the works since 2014. No reason to treat it like it’s new news. I’m gathering info from a variety of sites and making a plan, but I’m not in panic mode. These regulations hanging over our head are one of the driving reasons I got into DIY eight months ago. The ones it seems that will be hit the hardest are small vape shops and juice producers. If there’s a way I can help them through this beyond signing petitions and emailing my representatives I’ll be happy to help. Just chit-chatting on this forum isn’t going to get it done. As @ringling has suggested, it’s getting the message out on all the other social media outlets, etc. that will be more beneficial.

3 Likes

Even the Big juice companies will be effected severely if it takes 2 years to get FDA approval. Being they don’t seem to give a damn about putting all these companies out of business then why should we believe that they will speedily approve any juice even for the big boys in Ejuice. If we see anything speedily approved you can bet a tobacco company is submitting it. We shall see I suppose…

2 Likes

It most definitely won’t hurt to stock up on diy flavors and supplies. I truly don’t believe that the outcome is going to be what is written as we see it now. The industry will never be the same as it is now. I’m a broke sob but I will spend every dime I can afford to get my diy supplies. Me and a brother plan on getting us in good shape as far as juice for a long time. As far as batteries. They can’t kill that industry. All they have to do is rewrite what there used for. But I have faith that things will get overturned. No matter what I will never go back to smoking stinky ass cigs. Rant over

5 Likes

I am of the opinion that this is just round one of the fight.

Keep in mind we are in an election year and the new administration that comes in is going to change up many of the appointed positions in charge of this mess.

This could make things get even worse than what we are reading but could also go the other way.

Everyone I personally know is of the same belief that I am and that is they are only after the tax revenue that has been lost as more and more people turn to vaping.

I also believe that as e-juice DIY’ers were are going to be fine until this all gets sorted out. My only concern is the AFFORDABLE nicotine we enjoy right now. If memory serves me right there is already something in the works with the .GOV folks that will make it harder to get in the higher concentrations. This is going to be in the way of HAZ-MAT shipping cost getting outrageous but that falls back on DOT not the FDA. Even before the new regulations were released it was already talked about in one of the flavor company’s threads here on ELR.

We need to be prepared for the worst for sure when it comes to Nicotine, Mods and Tanks as that is what I see becoming the fastest to go up in price in the near future.

China will find a way around the new regulations for equipment sales as they depend heavily on the US market. So in my opinion there may be a little lag time in availability but it will get figured out.

For now some more nicotine and a couple more simple mods and sit back and ride the storm out is my plan.

I already do everything I can to make my voice heard but that is all we can do for now.

4 Likes

Honest truth, I think China will continue to ship to this country and say the item is something else. You watch…

4 Likes

100% agree :+1:

3 Likes

I agree, but that doesn’t mean customs can’t scan and/or seize a shipment they think is suspect. Keep orders small if it comes to that and hopefully the likelihood of that will be less. I doubt they’re gonna spend a ton of time on busting vapers when there are much bigger fish to fry but it’s still a possibility.

3 Likes

Kinda goes without saying. I thought of this too and figured there could be some loss. I’m sure China wouldn’t pay for a seizure should it happen. If it were me ordering it would most likely be coils and glass. Doubt they would worry about those items. Small loss if they did. I’m betting a bunch of us will test the customs people…

3 Likes

True @MarkM but Prohibition lasted 13 years…

1 Like

4 Likes

When you order snus and nasal snuff from the UK, there is actually an EU-required declarations sticker on the outside of the package that says exactly what’s in it. Despite the fact that the P.A.C.T. Act of 2009 mandates that smokeless tobacco cannot be sent through the U.S. postal system, I’ve never had any problem receiving snuff from Toque in Cornhill on Tweed, England, or receiving snuff and snus from Mr. Snuff in Belfast, Northern Ireland, through regular U.S. mail. In talking with people on the snuff and snus forums, no one else has had a problem either, despite the fact that this activity has been illegal for seven years.

So, re: [quote=“ringling, post:96, topic:64265”]
I’m betting a bunch of us will test the customs people
[/quote]

I’ve already been testing Customs for a long time.

I think @JoJo is probably right, that they have bigger fish to fry. My friend Roderick, the owner of Toque Snuff in England, does, however, recommend that if you place a very large order, to split it into smaller shipments, so it more easily flies under the radar. (I don’t know whether that’s based on valid assumptions or not, but it kind of makes sense.)

The snus suppliers in Sweden, however, took a different approach, deciding to comply with the P.A.C.T. Act by sending packages via UPS International, which provides for age-verification upon delivery. The problems with that are: 1) the shipping charges are exorbitant, and 2) who has the leisure to sit home all day waiting to sign for a package?

2 Likes

I know where there’s a will there’s a way.

OOOooooo! Uncle Sam wants to help me again…

I’ve been on this earth long enough to know how to prep for these events…

I’m gonna stock up on vape supplies then grease up and brace for impact…

6 Likes