Feature request. Private flavor notes

Hi I noticed a lot of flavor notes have repeated content and links to sites that have/had it etc. and it kind of pollutes the experiencing of looking at notes however I do like being able to refer to my own personal notes and am starting to use the notes for the purpose of keeping track of my collecting e.g “2nd shelve middle (spare 30ml in duplicates)” this tells me where to find it and that I dont need to replace it if I run out however this information is only useful to me and I feel selfish using the notes like this what would be great is if I could look at a recipe and see my private notes for a flavor but have to make separate notes to be in the public I thought of a check box to private notes on a flavor but what if I wanted to make both public and private notes.

8 Likes

@daath is the only person that can make these type of changes .

Im sure you noticed but there is a Private Notes section for your recipes . Some people create spreadsheets for inventory . I believe @SessionDrummer is one of them.

Btw Welcome to the forum …

10 Likes

Welcome aboard @Mr_Toilet_Ploppy

I agree about the duplications in the notes and the irrelevant information people add is annoying, but I reckon it would be a huge task to fix it and I am just grateful this resource even exists…

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
Thats a great idea! I get tired of reading multiple notes all saying the same copy/paste thing. When I first started, I kept a log on my computer but that didn’t last too long. Who knows maybe in the near/distant future we may get something like that.

5 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Mr_Toilet_Ploppy.

Regarding the duplicate notes, hehe, I get it. SFT (Single Flavor Tests/ing) is a VERY laborious task. VERY. I know, because I do a LOT of testing, and I do share my notes, for anyone interested.

As far as using your notes for inventory purposes, like @fidalgo_vapes mentioned above, that is FAR better served by a simple spreadsheet …

As far as seeing YOUR notes, @daath has put a LOT of effort into that, both when directly viewing the flavor …

… AND, when directly viewing recipes, as noted by the pencil icon …

Keeping track of your inventory should be a MUST IMO, and the more flavors you have, the harder it can get, BUT, it’s completely worth it, no matter how many flavors you have.

10 Likes

Where’d my poop joke go?

2 Likes

Musta got “flushed” @anon44012888 ??

8 Likes

Wow a legend replied to my post well I like the idea of a spreadsheet but I got this idea for what I am doing now it works really well for me but I feel like I am polluting the flavor notes

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Mr_Toilet_Ploppy :call_me_hand:
The flavor notes are a very good feature of ELR and the duplicates are just from ppl copying notes that they find useful and pasting them to the top so that they can refer to them without scrolling through again and again. And being able to refer to your notes directly from a recipe as @SessionDrummer pointed out is a valuable feature. While not perfect, it’s a feature that sets ELR apart from any other mixing site…

7 Likes

Hehe, perhaps, BUT, you’re keeping your hoard easy to use. @Mr_Toilet_Ploppy, you are using nail polish racks, are the bottles and labels visible to you while you are mixing ?

5 Likes

Great point @Rocky02852.

4 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined us.

3 Likes

Yes I have 1 nail polish rack (on my desk in front of me) I would get a 2nd but I am not sure where to put it and realized I have a tonne of built in cupboard space I don’t use so starting to use it only downside is I have to get up and grab one the way it works at the moment is I grab one ingredient and return it before I used to try to alphabetize (think of all the super, sweet, sour strawberry in the S section ) and then grab all ingredients before a mix then return them all which I found made me mix less frequently as it was laborious in comparison since I started using the notes and forgot alphabetization I am mixing so much faster and more frequently. The only thing I don’t like about it is I feel like I am being selfish in the way I am using the flavor notes.

6 Likes

Yes double notes are annoying, they explained why above, but at the end of the story, 3 words are enough to notice that, and move on, what I usually do is give a quick glance to get an idea of the flavour and then look if there are notes from mixers I trust did (e.g. SD :rofl:) after that, come and look for a 3d on that flavour on this side (usually SFT 3ds) , to get a deeper idea on what’s been done with it, pairings, recipes percentages and things like that.

Welcome to the forum @Mr_Toilet_Ploppy

7 Likes

Yes I am the same I dont find it really bothersome I used to find it odd that some people would put have 60ml or get from bullcity use code etc. cause I didnt realize they could easily refer to that in the menu when they look at notes once I realized this and starting doing it myself for my own reasons I felt like it would make the notes less polluted however as you mention its really not that hard to find what you are looking for and it may take a lot of work to implement my idea so its probably not worth it thanks to EVERYONE for welcoming me I will try to pop in from time to time and read some posts its been a long time since I used forums and I am not in the habit of checking threads and replies so sorry if I missed any replies to my OP I appreciate all the welcomes and glad no one is really fussed with how I use my notes if no one cares then I dont see why this feature is necessary after all.

7 Likes

@Mr_Toilet_Ploppy ultimately you have to do what works for you. I’ve tried all kinds of different systems, and in the end, the ONLY one that worked for me, was to organize FIRST, by MFG, and then alphabetically within each MFG group. I have NO notes on what bottles are where, as they are all visible. I def. have TOO many, so that always makes things harder LOL.

5 Likes

Are you sure you didn’t mean to say “Plop in”? :wink:

5 Likes

Hehe, it’s all in the word choice !!!

4 Likes

Yes I totally did but auto correct ruined my hilarious pun lucky you caught that in time.

2 Likes

Thanks for this conversation you guys have been able to squeeze out

2 Likes