Federal Express (wth)

I don’t know how other areas do it, but I live in a rural area and get the same drivers every time, have for years. They’re great and I’ve never had any issues with the last mile part. Until it gets on their truck, though, it’s sometimes a little wonky. I have a LOT more trouble with USPS than Brown or FedUp.

Ah, drifting into a side story. The UPS guy we had for the first 15 years we were here retired. He was a super cool dude, and the new guy is too. He came back this year (contractor for the holiday rush) and made it a point to ring the doorbell and wait for me to answer just so he could say hello and the usual small talk. Swell fellow. I bet @SmilingOgre wouldn’t even have eaten him.

4 Likes

You got that right. Ya find a good one, ya keep em around.

3 Likes

I gave him a 12 pack of brew for Christmas every year. If I knew he was coming, I would have been ready.

2 Likes

Groove! I have/had (not sure) a great woman driver (last couple deliveries not her) and she has been telling me about some of the crap Fedex management has been pulling as of late. A decade ago Fedex was the way to go, far better than OoooPs. Things have really changed and now Fedex is more like the WallFart of shipping. They are really pushing the envelope of labor laws. Not sure how their practices are even legal.

4 Likes

Going on 4:30EST and although the package was/is supposedly on the delivery truck (per tracking), time stamped 3:42am, nothing. I called their corporate phone number in Memphis, TN and was automatically transferred to a Dominican Republic call center. The rep told me that it will be delivered today and I told him that is bull, I asked him to note the account for the 4th time. I spoke with Bobby at Liquid Barn (super nice guy) and he told me that he doesn’t know what is happening at FedUp but he spends a great part of his day fielding such calls as mine and on the phone with them. Based on the general status quo and FedX deliveries he said that it is not unusual for deliver to take 10 BUSINESS days this time of year. (My wife has ordered twice from Amazon since the 3rd and all of her stuff came next day via UPS) -Bobby also said that for some reason FX is delineating packages as out for delivery thinking it will placate their customers, when in effect it is having the exact opposite affect. Bobby said he is going to personally keep track of my delivery and if more than 10 bushiness days go he will …I don’t know but he seems nice. wtf - I know it is not life & death or anything and more of a 1st world issue but CMON MAN

2 Likes
  • Wednesday , 12/11/2019

3:42 am

PALMETTO, FL

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

• 3:27 am

PALMETTO, FL

At local FedEx facility

• Monday , 12/09/2019

6:29 pm

PALMETTO, FL

Delivery exception

No attempt made, delivery scheduled for next business day

• Sunday , 12/08/2019

9:06 am

PALMETTO, FL

Delivery exception

No attempt made, delivery scheduled for next business day

• 8:45 am

PALMETTO, FL

• 3:52 am

PALMETTO, FL

At local FedEx facility

• Saturday , 12/07/2019

3:22 am

PALMETTO, FL

• 2:31 am

PALMETTO, FL

At local FedEx facility

• Friday , 12/06/2019

10:43 pm

ORLANDO, FL

Departed FedEx location

• 3:40 pm

ORLANDO, FL

Arrived at FedEx location

• Thursday , 12/05/2019

5:48 pm

PENSACOLA, FL

In transit

• Wednesday , 12/04/2019

3:37 pm

LAS CRUCES, NM

In transit

• Tuesday , 12/03/2019

10:07 pm

PACOIMA, CA

Left FedEx origin facility

• 7:53 pm

PACOIMA, CA

Arrived at FedEx location

• 5:11 pm

PACOIMA, CA

Picked up

• 3:22 pm

Shipment information sent to FedEx

Collapse History

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat:

WTF! I’m getting seriously pissed off with this

1 Like

@SmilingOgre, I’m actually VERY glad you shared that. I guess THAT possibility I hadn’t considered. Maybe assumed at some level, but not really thought about. Bad Management, Bad Decisions, lead DIRECTLY to BAD service.

Now I feel bad for banging on the drivers (just a little banging, not a lot, but still …).

3 Likes

You may very well have a bad driver. Obviously every case is different. Bad management can also lead to higher concentrations of poor employees as the better employees leave per poor working circumstances. It can become a real downward spiral.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s not the drivers, FedEx tracking is a joke, just google “FedEx Lies” they always give me delivery date that comes and goes, I recently took a day out of work to be home to receive a large $$ shipment that was scheduled for delivery, Yeah didn’t show up and tracking then went into limbo, then shipment showed up on Saturday ( my day off ) F#@%

5 Likes

Finally! My order was just delivered. :unamused:

5 Likes

awesome sauce / I’m not going to get lucky tonight …

1 Like

Just venting…sent an email to Frederick Smith CEO of Federal Express:

Hello,

I hope this email has made it the corporate offices of Federal Express. I had a package shipped to me from California on 12/3/2019. Per the below tracking you can see it was supposedly received early morning on 12/07/19. I have called and chatted online with a number of your representatives since Monday afternoon (the outsource associates you have in the Dominican Republic are very difficult to understand and have no more information than is available online). On Monday after a presumed missed delivery, Tuesday there was not even a time stamp issued with regard to the package. I was informed this after several chat sessions and a subsequent representative informing me that the “Palmetto Center” has issues and is not answering their phone. I was later left a voicemail assuring me that I would receive the package by the end of business 12.09.19.

So here we are Wednesday and I called about 3pm to check to see if the “pending delivery/on truck” was credible tracking information. I was told most assuredly that by end of business today the package would be delivered.

It was not.

Below please find the expanded history (as I can see it). The product I am waiting for may be damaged by now depending on the heat levels in the truck it presumably has been sitting on. I was advised by the shipper that these issues have really become quite commonplace with Federal Express. I find this completely unacceptable, regardless of the season. I have been lied to on more then three occasions by your representatives. I would not be surprised if there was another “delivery exception” on the package tomorrow, therefore having it be lost in limbo for yet another day.

I am very frustrated and angry now with your company.

4 Likes

Seems like sometimes it can be “famine or feast” with these bargain-basement jive-turkeys on wheels:

Mobile, AL, USA, Dec 10, 2019
Driver barricaded my front door with 2 50 lb packages. If there had been a fire I couldn’t have gotten out. Tried to report it through 800 number and the agent started a fight with me then put me …

:clown_face:

3 Likes

You can expect a week in limbo with FedUp:
I know River Supply ships FedUp and they sent out an email yesterday:

3 Likes

So yesterday’s time stamp of 3:42am out for delivery has not been updated. I phoned customer service (per instructions on the virtual tracking system) and was connected with the Dominican Republic and had to sit there and give my demographic information for the tenth time (that’s really irritating especially when you know it flashes up on their terminal with the tracking number)…after a pause the representative said he needs to refer the case to the tracing department. I was hot and dropped an F bomb and requested transfer of the call to the mainland. He told me that he does not have that capability. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was subsequently placed on ice-cube chill virtual hold; I lasted 5 minutes there before hanging up. I left a voicemail for Liquid Barn with the hopes they can do something/anything??? - I’m just going to come right out and say it Fuck FedEx - they have no customer service and their delivery service blows.

1 Like

I feel your pain, man. That really, really sucks. I’ve had my run-arounds with USPS enough to know exactly how you feel. I can’t believe they have not sorted this yet.

2 Likes

Yeah, so I figured I’d use that phrase to find a funny meme or something to post here for you. Umm, well, let’s just say I’d get banned if I did. Apparently some of the drivers are highly rewarded for their efforts… Tip- safe search… :eyes: :grimacing:

1 Like

Got through to corporate offices escalation department…“high volumes…three day delays yadda yadda etc” Lady promised to try to “push through” the delivery today (like it’s a freaking live-birth?)

1 Like

can’t find it - message me :wink:

1 Like