Federal Express (wth)

It’s visual depictions of those urban dictionary jobs @authormichellehughes keeps posting!!!

Seriously, I hope they get that damn delivery made today.

2 Likes

What did I do now LOL.

3 Likes

You helped me make a point on a poorly advised image search.

So @HVPGH, the way it keeps bouncing from ‘on vehicle for delivery’ to ‘arrived at FedEx location’, it sounds like it shifted and has gotten wedged in an unseen location in the truck. It probably keeps getting scanned into the facility every time the truck returns and the cycle begins anew. If you know where the facility is, you could call them directly or stop in even.

It’s happened to me in USPS transits. I watch it go from station to station and then it just freezes for a week. After I open a case with them, it magically continues its’ journey. I suspect it was left in a sorting box or knocked on the ground, and they physically locate it once I ask for an investigation. It’s stupid, that’s for sure.

4 Likes

I don’t know if this is the distribution facility, but I found a warehouse location in your city.

3 Likes

I received a phone call from the executive offices in Tennessee, the lady was very nice and assured me that she was going to make sure my package was delivered today. She appeared to have almost complete knowledge of my attempts to get through to escalate the issue and only learned of the issue through the email I sent to their Investor Relations department (only definite email address I could find save the customer disservice one). The same email I sent to the CEO was returned as an invalid addy. I advised the woman from the executive office that I had already spoken with a lady in the escalation department in TN (she was not aware of that contact) but she said she could make it happen today. She did…at 5:10pm the package (fully dented and all messed up) turned up at my front door. At the same time the package came Bobby from Liquid Barn called and told me he had also been on the phone for over an hour today trying to find out what was going on. He was on the phone as I opened the box and…everything was intact with no leaking whatsoever. He told me he was just about to ship out another order because it looked as if the package was lost. - Interesting he told me I should put the 2 500ml bottles of nicotine in the freezer right away. I mentioned to him I generally transfer the nicotine to glass Boston rounds and he told me that his folks feel the nicotine retains it’s freshness better in the HDPE bottles. In any event I told him I would sample the nic tomorrow and he told me to let him know it is OK or he would make it right. Really nice guy, I am impressed with LB’s customer service. Federal Express, on the other hand, can go fly a kite. The ladies in TN were nice but it was hell getting to them.

4 Likes

Yep that is the dist center…that was plan C or D…thankfully not necessary now!

2 Likes

That the company had/has a way(s) to cause delivery to happen (forthwith) indicts their overall credibility :thinking:

3 Likes

I am glad they finally got your package out, @HVPGH@LiquidBarn is a good company and glad things turned out for the best… <3 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can :grinning:

One of my friends was a FedEx driver delivering to homes/business. While everything was the same (from uniforms to trucks) saying “FedEx”, he told me he did not actually work for FedEx. Maybe it’s a regional thing, but he told me that they contract out most/all of the deliveries to outside entities. He was working for a guy that owned 10-12 trucks. That guy signed his paychecks…not FedEx.

4 Likes

This (given the holiday shipping season upon us) brings to mind the rather abysmal and snake-like dealings of Amazon regarding sub-contracted “fly by night” delivery companies and temporary personnel (who are sometime nearly indistinguishable from so-called “porch pirates” as they blissfully dump delivery parcels outside of homes and apartment complexes). Over the last year, I called and “escalated, blah blah” several complaints with “Amazon Logistics” regarding how parcels were universally being dumped in my building on the 1st floor (open to the public and visible from the street), as opposed to the safe and secure delivery of parcels to our 3rd-floor apartment doors. Nothing but happy horse-shit from their young, friendly phone reps - but zero action in any respects … that is, until (as I had repeatedly warned in hours of complaint calls) a parcel of more than small value was evidently stolen (if it was ever even delivered by their rent-a-clowns).

Suddenly, (nearly overnight), all of the delivery persons were (direct) employees of Amazon “Logistics”, and each and every parcel (to all residents) was without exception securely delivered to our apartment doors on the 3rd-floor. Amazing how their monetary loss risks (and not the hallowed “customer experience”) speaks.

However (at least in the State of Washington, Seattle area) as of November 1, 2019, Amazon fired all of it’s directly employed delivery drivers, and are now (once again, with unknown consequences) utilizing only such sub-contracted delivery services. So far, it has been better - but I am understandably jaded from high hopes.

Fed up with the stress and disgust of dealing with such clowns over the holidays, I intentionally completed all of my Amazon orders for the year prior to Thanksgiving Day. I will never bend-over for “Prime” fees. The penny-pinching negligence terrors of their (over $25) “free shipping” have become a perennial scourge.

3 Likes

Had 3 Fed ex deliveries this week, not one came in as scheduled, they really need to get there priority’s straight, I have noticed that many times it was in distance to pick it up, but in order to be in time it will detour to exend a day or more, and don’t bother tracking or calling it can lead to getting it later or not at all. As in sorry it got damaged in process, it’s happened, again and again, I don’t even bother if it’s late to complain , that seems to hold it up more or even worse goes missing, these companies need to be stop using them period, at least until they can guarantee it will be on time., Especially the ones that take a week to get it to the mail, add another week for shipping, and you have close to China delivery time, I will say that anyway if possible avoid fed up, got a river order placed on black Friday and it is scheduled for tomorrow, but doubt it will be here till next week.

3 Likes

Had to send my sister in Portland, OR some of our parent’s heirloom ornaments today. I shipped them via UPS. They are supposed to be there on the 19th; I sure hope that works out because she is really counting on them for her kids to see this year. Unbelievable that it was under 8lbs and cost $22 bucks in a smallish box.

2 Likes

USPS parcel pricing these days seems hardly better. They are charging by volume as well as weight - and those pre-made by USPS box sizes do not appear to be a bargain at all - they appear to often cost more.

2 Likes

Same as me. It still shows it leaving Bloomington CA on Tuesday at noon and no other updates since. Very aggravating indeed.

2 Likes

My order from River Supply is supposed to be delivered today (the 13th) via Fed Ex. Tracking shows it’s being shipped ground and was in Wyoming this morning. Yeah I don’t think so…

2 Likes

4 Likes

The look on my face when I see the FedEx guy drive past my house tonight.

5 Likes

I spent some keystrokes here espousing the service my local FedEx guy always brings. Yesterday, naturally, I had a package marked as “On FedEx truck for delivery” with yesterday’s date. By 4PM it had not arrived, and they rarely come later than that. The status was the same but the date changed to “Delivery date pending” with a question mark. I figured karma got me for saying good things. But, at 8:44PM he pulled up the driveway and delivered it. Dodged a bullet I guess.

Doesn’t change my opinion of major systematic issues within their system, but in my case the drivers really do care. I was very surprised to see it come ‘on time’. I guess like every company, there are employees that have pride and care about the customer.

3 Likes

https://www.wisn.com/article/fedex-delivery-driver-meltdown-caught-on-camera/30159315

2 Likes

Yeah, 150 pound return to sender for the second time, I’d be having a meltdown too! That should be a 2 man job!

1 Like