Finally getting Somewhere

Well a few weeks ago I was ready to throw the towel in after getting terrible chemical smells and taste.
Now after purchasing a dremel style drill with a milk frother on it Im beginning to get some decent results and been fairly busy

10 Likes

Best advice I can give i don’t know if your a beginner or were just in a slump. But always always shake your flavorings and nicotine.

3 Likes

Ever figure out what was giving you the bad taste and smell?

1 Like

Yeah i shook. But using a drill creating a froth has helped

1 Like

Not enough air i guess. More air bubbles breaks down the alcohol that gives the perfumy taste i guess

1 Like

I still say…magnetic mixing for all, and for all, magnetic mixing.
Once you enter that galaxy, you will never want to return.
I am very glad you have seen improvements.

5 Likes

Take your time. Keep measuring equipment clean as well as what you mix in. The smallest quantity of contaminant can really give you a horrendous vape

1 Like

Glad to hear you didn’t and things are getting better :grinning:

2 Likes

expensive to get set up though no?..

1 Like

No, not really.
Just matters where you wish to start…a used Camry to a Lamborghini, and all in between.

1 Like

I remember the picture of your set up it looks perfect, just also looked expensive that’s why I asked lol, cheers

2 Likes

Well, there is one little difference…I have been using [and adding to] magnetic stirring for over 50 years in my business.

1 Like

would you say heat is a necessity? would it work without but maybe just take longer?

I say definitely NOT. I get all the heat I need from friction while stirring.
I make 60ml and 115ml batches because I think it makes the best premium juice in that size.
I use one of my small mixers because it fits easily on my cluttered desk, and it doesn’t have a hotplate option.

If I made juice commercially, and needed large batches, I would use one of my Barnsteads to mix, but still not use the hot plate function.

ah ok, I was just having a nosey on ebay and saw this contraption, if it works it seems like a fairly basic and cheap system

2 Likes

Two major features I see wrong here…it doesn’t have a rheostat to control rpm’s, and each magnet is small, so it is only designed to mix 30ml, which will be a problem with cold thick VG mixes.
I would look for a mixer that is at least an SH-2 model. I will see if I can peruse the UK ebay…

1 Like

This is the minimum unit I would buy

2 Likes

I am all over this! I have a larger wine box (instead of cigar box) Muhahhaha THANKS …inspirational

2 Likes

@ozo that looks like it could mix 5 gallon buckets of paint :wink: 220V?!

2 Likes

That’s great, thanks for the info :+1: I feel a purchase coming …