First thoughts on the Altus tank by GUO

Thx! I’ve got a msg into Guo Vapes at the moment with the same question; whether they have tested the Altus with all types of TC modes or what? We’ll see.

2 Likes

I guess that would be my question as well. And on a dna200 mod it may be so much better. And we can find out what the wire in that chip is. We escribe the wire format. Idk because i don’t have one lol

1 Like

the wire inside is tungsten :wink: i’ve been playing with it on the DNA as of a few minutes ago
, ill keep you posted

1 Like

Tungsten is on the same relm as titanium

1 Like

I’ve been looking for that info! Where did you find out the wire type inside the chip? :thinking:

1 Like

Tungsten TCR should be 0.0045 - One should be able to produce a TFR/CSV for the DNA200 :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

TFR = ?
CSV = ?

I haven’t been keeping up with all of the TC abbreviations. :pensive: What’re those?

We need a chart with all these new abbreviations today! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

the creator David Guo talks about it here:

2 Likes

Thx!

It must be really hard for him to talk about this technology on a sixth grade level, as he must, to be able to explain certain aspects of this atomizer. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Bless his heart!

1 Like

I hear ya there, same for me when i try to explain what is wrong with a persons computer.

Theres a v2 out already and i believe the v3 is being developed

Got some links? :+1:

Lars might have typo-ed, should be T C R (temperature coefficient of resistance) and CSV (comma separated values) which is the file format uploadable to the DNA mod for a wire type.

1 Like

Phil Busardo announced it 2 hrs ago on fb. Apparently theres no cotton needed now.

2 Likes

hmm, I just shot David a message, curios to see if they did it that quick, I was just mentioning a top fill along with some other wick solution… and he said they’ll look into it… looks like that boy don’t waste time!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Phil says:

Yes, the V2 is based on the Death Star.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

V3 will be tankless!

8 Likes

@SthrnMixer is correct on CSV - TFR is Temperature Factor of Resistance - it’s a more accurate representations of TCR (temperature coefficient of resistance) typically represented by a table or a graph. TCR can change according to how hot the coil is :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

Ahhh, learned something today. Thanks Lars!

I haven’t had a dry hit yet, 450° 55w on my dna200. It was nice to have it all set up and ready to juice but there was a film of machine oil all over it. I had to take it all apart and clean it a few times.

Side note: the AFC ring comes off too, easy.

2 Likes

Mine was definitely wicked bad from the factory. I’ve since stopped peeling the cotton pads but I do stretch them a bit and trim to make the fibers more absorbent. So far I’m having good results with this