First thoughts on the Geekvape Griffin

Ordered mine on the 22nd but have to wait as I’m in the uk. Bummer :weary:

Love this version but will be watching for the v2 just for the air flow ring fitted to the tank.

1 Like

If you’re talking about the Aromamizer… they are authentic… I have 2 new black ones and I checked them both.

2 Likes

I’ve only placed 2 orders from VapeNW and I’ve had no problems so far. 4 tanks total and they were all authentic.

1 Like

Glad the Griffin is looking like a winner.I should have two by the first of the week.
I picked up five Aromamizers from VapeNW after PV posted about the 19.99 price.All were authentic.

I would order one, but I’m not liking the rubber band air control. :unamused:

3 Likes

I just checked both of mine and they are authentic as well.

I have ordered several times from VapeNW and never had any problems with them and they have been very fast on shipping.

1 Like

Couple of Griffin notes:

After you’ve washed this thing good and your reassembling the tank section, make sure you really tighten down on those three parts.

Reason being: When adjusting your juice flow, if these parts are loosely fitted together, you could wind up unscrewing the tank parts and dumping your juice. Almost happened to me. :scream:

Might want to really lube up the top cap O-rings with juice or other lubricant; I use chap stick to make parts glide better.

Reason being: If the top cap doesn’t unscrew smoothly, it can wind up turning the whole tank or just the top portion of the tank. This portion of the tank also screws into the chimney portion. Once again, if you’re not paying attention…splooge goes the juice onto the deck or into the chimney section. :pensive:

One of the best points about the Griffin: You can easily close off the juice flow! This is paramount when refilling the tank! If the juice flow is closed off when refilling the tank…upon screwing the top cap back on the tank, no juice is forced into the juice channels due to the downward pressure of the top cap sealing the unit.

This is the first RTA I’ve owned where top filling actually works without forcing juice into the juice channels and then juice splooges down through the air intake holes!

Wicking: Tails of the wicks rest at the top of the juice channel…nuff said. You can use the wick ring or not, doesn’t matter; I found using the wick ring helps me lay down the wick ends to the top of the juice channels. In the end, remember, the less wick the better…better juice flow and fewer dry hits, if you are a rapid draw vaper.

The Griffin is definitely a lung hitters dream RTA. I think my Billow V2’s have met their nemesis.:smiling_imp:…but in an awesome fashion! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Excellent points there, Jim, and well worded…sure to prevent mishaps…
Did you have problems with that wick ring getting stuck in the coil barrel? Or was that a me exclusive problem that could have been avoided with less excitement and haste? Lol…

3 Likes

The wick ring does have a tendency to back off when one is removing the deck from the tank; much like the coil shroud on the Billow V2 can at times. Mine hasn’t jammed up into the chimney yet…we’ll see. :smirk:

1 Like

I ordered 2 yesterday so they should arrive Wednesday :+1::+1:

A question about rinsing the tank before first use… What is your method?

1 Like

Depending on how icky the piece is… Tooth brush scrub w/ dish soap in hot water or any old alcohol; a safe grease cutting agent. This, followed by a bath in distilled water.

3 Likes

I use very hot water with dish soap followed by hot water bath rinse… But I dunk the other rings in ice water after final hot rinse. I have read that some use the ultra sonic but that’s still on my wish list :wink:

I might try soaking in 93% alcohol as I have that.

1 Like

I scrub every bit with dish soap and a toothbrush or bottle brush, then rinse thoroughly in really hot water a couple of times. So far, no major issues.

3 Likes

Crap! :poop:

Again folks, don’t forget, shutting off the juice flow when filling the Griffin is the ticket for no…

…of juice out of the air intake holes, running down your favorite mod and onto the kitchen table! I was a dumbass and didn’t remember to do that just now…lesson learned. :pensive:

2 Likes

Oh no!! :frowning: Yuck. Is the mod okay?

1 Like

Yeah, the mod is fine…the table cloth took the heat for my oversight! It’s in the wash as I type! :pensive: I needed to do a white load anyway! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I knew this was going to be a killer tank. So would you mind terribly to explain how you get rid of machine oil? I’ve been trying to rid an RDA of the stuff for 2 weeks and it seems I can’t get rid of it.

2 Likes

I perform the procedure, as stated above, and then, if the taste is still present, I’ll remove the O-rings (usually do anyway) and soak the unit in straight white vinegar for about 24 hours…scrub, rinse and that usually does it. I hand clean the O-rings with the same vinegar solution; don’t soak them though, they tend to swell and then you have to let them air dry a few days to shrink back to proper size…if you’re lucky.

Hope this helps! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve not tried the vinegar. I’ll give that a go.

So now I’m waiting on two of these damn things. I think the black one will look the business on my black Efusion

5 Likes