First thoughts on the Geekvape Griffin

Yeah, that ought to look sick. I have a black Efusion and a black mini freakshow dripper that looks rad, the black billow nano also looks cool. But, the silver Bellus matches the buttons exactly and looks the classiest of all I think.

As for cleaning, I have never done more than completely disassemble and shake vigorously in either isopropanol or more recently cheap vodka and I haven’t had any machine oil problems. YMMV of course, maybe I’ve gotten lucky.

I have been very fortunate when it comes to machine oil and tanks…my first ten or so tanks I didn’t even wash…then I heard I was supposed to wash em…now, a quick 10 minute soak in dish soap water, rinse and dry and we are set! Never once smelled or tasted of oil!

My two came in today and I must admit I am very pleased with the Griffin.I am using a .22 Ti 6 wrap on a .30 with the cellu-cotton rayon.With rayon I try and get as much wick in the coil as possible and I trimmed the length to just sit behind the ring without going below it.
I was worried about leaking as well when tightening down the top cap.I did close off the juice control but immediately opened it after and had none.I do think the rayon helps as you do fill more of the juice wells than you would when wicking with cotton.
I do feel it has a more airy draw than the Crius v3.To my vape style the Crius is about right all the way open.I do tend to close the Griffin to about half open.I much prefer the juice control on the Griffin , I seem to always turn the Crius and I always feel the need to check it.
I do love the large easy build deck of the Griffin over anything I have tried before and it wicks like a dream.

3 Likes

Enjoy! :kissing_heart::dash::dash:

2 Likes

the post office has mine one town over!!! and of course it’s Sunday dammit!!! I should have it no later than Tue but makes me wonder why I have tracking send me updates??? it’s kinda like self inflicted TORTURE!!! :sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

Hopeing mine will be here this week.:pray:

3 Likes

Yeah I might snatch one of the kids old ones, as they got new ones yesterday :wink::grinning:

1 Like

I just got a email from the vendor that they are packed and will be handed over to the fine Danish post system tomorrow, which means that I will get them Thursday :+1::+1::grinning:

And I might, if I’m lucky get my order from wires and stuff(thanks for the tip @Jondamon) the same day. Got some 22g ti in there along with some n80 for my Claptons.

2 Likes

No probs.

@Whiterose0818 my wicking ring done the same thing.

I’ll be having another look when my build has run its course.

5 Likes

Nice build, brother! Whats the ID on that one?

1 Like

3mm 26/26/38 fused claps.

.18ohm dual coil.

Just sorted the wicking ring.

Too much wick over hanging the external section of the ring causing it to Jam on its way in.

Seems ok now with a little less wick.

CMJ

2 Likes

I just removed the wick ring altogether. No problems at all

2 Likes

Me too yesterday but I wanted to resolve the issue.

So I stripped it down today and redone the wicking.

CMJ

2 Likes

You think that thing can take a 3.5ID if the wire is nothing crazy? Like maybe just a 22g?

Just wrapped a .22 Ti on a 3.5 six wraps , no problem.I can confirm that a .22 Ti. six wrap on a 4.0 i.d. will fit , tight but no touching.

2 Likes

Do you have before and after comments you can make on the wicking/vapor/flavor with and without the ring?

2 Likes

No sir…I was reassembling my very first build(not counting the 2.5 ID that never saw a fire) when that wick ring became lodged…I pulled the wick ring and continued my assembly. So I have not used the Griffin with the wick ring installed, not even once…sorry

1 Like

Did you, by chance, use the Griffin with different ID’s? If so, any opinions on the different sizes? You are obviously a fan of 22g like some of us and me…did you use spaced or contact wraps? Any opinions on those differences?

1 Like

I actually broke out my 2nd Grifin from the box and tried it with the new coil diameters. I have it in the USC right now to get rid of any oil and I am going to give it a vape.
I have not had much luck with contact coils.I get a good vape but IMO the taste is better in spaced as well as coil longevity.I vape custards and sweets mostly so YMMV.
I will give my opinion on the larger coil in a few…

2 Likes

I put the 4.0 coil on my Wismec Reuleaux dna200 and I get a .08 ohm reading.I have it set at 55.0 watts in T/C@450.Chain vaping I could not get the temperature protection to kick in.It vapes as hard as I like.
My other Griffin is sitting on my VaporDna project subohm S200.It is another dna200 device.I have the standard .22 Ti six wrap@.06 ohm.Both are wicked with the rayon.I have this one set at 51.0 watts in T/C@450 as well.I can hit the temp protected screen if I take a deep lung hit.
No doubt the 4.0 wicks much better.The tank reminds me of the Mutation tank but IMO in how it wicks but I feel the Griffin is engineered and manufactured slightly better.
I know if I could fit a led inside this tank it would look like a lava lamp.I have never seen 5mm bubbles come out of a tank juice hole before.
I also have a 70/30 VG/PG mix in both tanks.I must admit I will stick the 3.5 coils in next , the rayon does make it a tight fit when screwing down the tank.I am about sure the 3.5 will be a great fit for my vaping style.
I hope this helps and let us know what you try and how you like it.:slightly_smiling:

3 Likes