First time post!

There’s nothing like malt and it can’t be substituted any more than vanilla can but since it’s usually used with milk or creamy things, milk or cream or ice cream would be able to fill in for it.

Still wouldn’t sub the flavour of malt, but would act as a filler that’s in context with the rest of the recipe.

1 Like

Closest I can come to even bring in the neighborhood of describing it, would require you to just imagine what inverted, White Milo would taste like - for the hot drink nestlé version.

I’ve also had organic malt syrup which is super malty and excellent in hot milk which I’d use it for primarily but also for bread: I would mix about a teaspoon into my warm yeast bath before adding the flour and it makes home baked bread taste phenomenal.

It’s also in many things like beer and whiskey and bakery foods, but it’s much harder to pick the malt in those because it’s only one rich ingredient out of several.

Malt is awesome.

1 Like

Backing up to this. Essentially your making a version of GVC Custard. Remember - I said it was meh. Hopeful you can do something better with it anyway.

2 Likes

Nooo don’t tell me that :slight_smile:

It’ll work out :slight_smile:

The french vanilla smells like killer custard, that’s what I was thinking of :confused:

1 Like

One of these days…

1 Like

Here you are…

Only started a few days ago, to try and get a list of flavour groups the original version is best.

Because the v1 flavours have the “nasty” chemicals: nasty chemicals that make them maaaaybe a little less safe, but taste much better.

1 Like

well I did learn something today, probably not a good idea to taste a bunch of flavors straight out of the bottle, as now I can’t taste pretty much anything. So that’s cool… orrr maybe I have covid. Hard to say.

2 Likes

Yeah nope: that’s not the best way :smirk:

The PG alone makes most flavours taste too bitter like that :blush:

1 Like

The best way to quickly try them out is like perfume: wipe a bit on the back of your hand, smear it and then smell - the warmth from your skin (which I’m sure is as warm as puppies) will distribute molecules x

It’s a flavour/aroma remember…

Not all flavours are potent enough to be obvious even using body heat, but it’s the best way I’ve found yet to get an idea of most flavours :slight_smile:

1 Like

For testing with your mouth instead of your nose, warm some milk, add a few drops of the flavouring(s) then you can taste, gargle, swish around like wine - whatever you like x

I’m not just a pretty face y’know :angry::smirk:

1 Like

Here’s the deck while I’ve got it out to coil anyway: easy to build on, though the wicking took me longer than usual with the first tank because the holes are twice the size of the coil diameter, so I got a bit OCD about stuffing the corners…

There still hasn’t been even a trace of moisture anywhere outside the tank - certainly no leaking.

Breaking-in the new tank will be a Honey & Milk mix created a month ago I called Bees Knees :honeybee:

The juice itself is one of the few mixes I’ve managed to stuff in the back of the cupboard and not fuck around sampling regularly because I’ve been too drawn to the copious number of custard’s I’ve been mixing and testing and adding shit to and testing and mixing another two bottles slightly different then testing and (etcetera), which has managed to keep me from giving fucks about the honey & milk.

Utterly without surprise (because it was already tasting pretty much like honey & milk a month ago when I turned my attention to other things) I find it tastes spot on authentic Honey & Milk which was exactly the result I wanted at the time of mixing: I’d envisioned this creamy liquid with genuine honey taste - which I got.

It’s not as irresistible as I figured it would be but not through any fault or failure at all: as it happens, honey & milk just aren’t very exciting on their own :thinking: which is no big deal and even of I’d known a month ago that I wouldn’t find such a simple mix very appealing, I probably would’ve added a bunch of shit that didn’t belong in the bottle anyway - as is, I have the benefit of a well-steeped liquid to make changes to.

Instead, now I have a very accurate but equally boring honey/milk to finish-off and it won’t take much: I’ve been vaping it the last few hours and all it needs is a high note that’s separate but complimentary, a lower addition to enrich the milk because milk is piss-weak shit - even with some cream added - and more nicotine.

Yeah the 20mg/mL salt also turned out as intended and made the juice super smooth: SO smooth in fact, there’s no lung-hit whatsoever which I don’t care for at all but that’s also quite alright - a quick squirt of freebase will sort that shit out too.

The enriching doesn’t need much contemplation: I’ve got so many creamy/buttery options thanks to the custard-love,… heeeey, you know custard itself would probably do it - long as I keep in low enough so it doesn’t become a custard.

I just need to decide on that contrast/high note to pop out and make it interesting then: it has to be distinctive and completely different to the sweet honey and dairy, but not obnoxious or overpowering - it needs to remain an accent flavour, whatever flavour is decided on :thinking:

You know, even if I already had a decision locked-in as to which additional flavour to add to this honey & milk, I’ve still gotta decide on ratios and mix that bottle of Nutmilk I didn’t manage to get to last night and wanting my RDAs clean to begin testing last nights single flavours with I’ve still gotta recoil those and I’d best get these things done rapidly.

Nothing at all will get done once Her Majesty is awake because she is every bit as demanding as me: something that’s become just an immutable fact of life - like the existence of wind or rain or like night or the moon.

Like living, breathing, Sunshine.

4 Likes

I know you like to mix your recipes your own way but it sure would be swell if you would post them, whether using the ELR calculator or some other one. Others might be interested ya know? :wink: Especially after reading your seductive descriptions :grinning:

3 Likes

You mean what, share? :thinking:

What a concept…

I guess it could be feasible and something I might be able to do - share my babies with the corrupt and filthy outside world, once I’ve got my head around them being passed around and groped by anyone with greedy eyes and a pair of hands :grimacing:

But no really, I would be happy to have posted them already except they’re unfinished.

Even with only the handful of flavour profiles I’ve any interest in “pursuing”, like the Honey & MIlk they’re good, but don’t have whatever extra they require to be outstanding and though I could release them to the wild as is and likely get a thousand ideas and suggestions to what they need to be excellent, that would be - to reference seduction since I that’s the freshest metaphor in my head - like funneling months of energy courting a woman only to have her fuck off and marry someone else.

Or giving away a half-finished painting, which is a much better visual than the slutty bride-to-be shit but it’s only just flashed in my brain now I’ve finished my first coffee.

Of course I have to finish them myself before sharing, else they’d be no better than the swamp of unfinished shit bogging-down the recipe side of the site: recipes nobody wants to make and anybody who does instantly regrets bothering.

I’m sure I don’t know what you’re talking about.

I have thoughts, I write them down - usually before I’ve even understood why I’ve had the thought and before it slips back into the ether again - then have to go back and edit them into something readable, still unsure why I’d had the thought in the first place.

Any seduction you detect is surely the result of perception from your end :slight_smile:

I’m too impulse-driven to be capable of calculation.

More coffee…

See.

2 Likes

My package of obscure flavours will be here tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

A random Australian flower that’s difficult to remember the spelling for and even more difficult to pronounce, a bottle of cigar leaf concentrate, a bottle of fizzy sherbet since it’s so heavily recommended and a bottle of Rose flavour.

Oh and some shit in a bottle mix of assorted creams and white chocolate that’s probably sickly sweet and far too artificial for me, but can be flicked to the back of the cupboard and forgotten about easy enough should it turn out as common as all available information portends :thinking:

The tobacco and floral will be good though, for accents.

3 Likes

Lmao

Hey now :grinning:

3 Likes

True that: no point releasing recipes that’re “good” or “vapable” but still need something to elevate them to the status of, excellent :smirk:

:innocent: :smirk:

I’m digging out all my black clothes for tomorrow, but don’t have a black top that’s not like, 500g winter merino which is no good for physical work in a mild, sunny day and there’s other black merino tops that’re thinner but most have at least one moth hole, tear or whatever which obviously eliminates them from the clothing line-up for a hotel that classy :angry:

Still have to wash/hang to dry yet - it is lunchtime Sunday here, of course.

3 Likes

Oh pooh! I post recipes that aren’t “excellent” in my humble opinion. Screw that! Oh and btw, I’ve mixed recipes from the “pros” and didn’t think they were all that. So in the end, it’s all about you and what you like. If someone else can benefit from one of your recipes than heck, you made someone happy.

4 Likes

You taking your lady to a classy hotel?

2 Likes

No no - I swapped jobs from school cleaning to cleaning here:

No uniform for staff, but all black dress-code.

I was complaining about my existing job with it’s 4:00AM starts, split shifts and having to travel 4 hours a day sometimes, when some random woman told me to get another job, so I got one here in town at the most famous victorian-era hotel in the mountains.

4 Likes

Wowee! That’s some fancy looking place! I have friends from Australia that live here now. Well, her husband is Australian and she’s from here but met and got married in AU.

2 Likes