First time post!

Oh pooh! I post recipes that aren’t “excellent” in my humble opinion. Screw that! Oh and btw, I’ve mixed recipes from the “pros” and didn’t think they were all that. So in the end, it’s all about you and what you like. If someone else can benefit from one of your recipes than heck, you made someone happy.

4 Likes

You taking your lady to a classy hotel?

2 Likes

No no - I swapped jobs from school cleaning to cleaning here:

No uniform for staff, but all black dress-code.

I was complaining about my existing job with it’s 4:00AM starts, split shifts and having to travel 4 hours a day sometimes, when some random woman told me to get another job, so I got one here in town at the most famous victorian-era hotel in the mountains.

4 Likes

Wowee! That’s some fancy looking place! I have friends from Australia that live here now. Well, her husband is Australian and she’s from here but met and got married in AU.

2 Likes

Means no travel and no heading out for work at 3:00AM, plus I hate my supervisor in that company and the other cleaners almost all look as though their souls left them years ago.

Instead, I’ll be working in the middle of the day like a normal human being in a heritage-listed hotel that’s attractive enough to make you just like being in the place regardless what you’pre doing there.

:thinking:

Might not like it so much once I’ve had to bite my tongue at a few arsehole guests, though I imagine the majority of people who stay there are at least superficially polite enough to not cause friction.

Still a cleaning job, but even if I were qualified for a job further up the ladder those jobs are securely taken in small towns like this and even gave the Carrington my resume two years ago but they were obviously spoiled for choice then.

Now, they’ve got a new cleaning co-coordinator and she’s lacking staff so I don’t have to clean in scabby schools anymore :smirk:

3 Likes

I should’ve paid more attention in school yknow, but then if not for the cardio involved in being on your feel moving for hours at a time… if I had a desk-job I’d be lazy, doughy and pretty unhealthy by now.

Cleaning keeps you remarkably fit without the need of deliberately excercising.

1 Like

My dad (RIP) was a funny, talented dancer and social butterfly but not so great at keeping jobs. During his last 10 yrs before retirement he landed a job in a public high school as the Janitor. It gave him a pension…and the kids loved him. And wow could he clean and shine a floor! Buy dad, still miss you :heart:

3 Likes

Also, though a triviality really: I LOVE black clothes - especially my black merino thermals - but wearing ALL black anywhere else has always seemed weird enough so I don’t do it: I’d look like an undertaker or WORSE, a priest.

Now I’m required to wear all black, that’s good I get to do it without feeling like I’m affecting any kind of Price of Darkness vibe, but because I have to for work :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Because there’s so many arse-holes in the world and we’re not all able to resist the compulsion to balance wrongs out with a little snark of our own :smirk:

I’ve never had a problem with the kids in schools either: even high school teenagers are not like you’d think: they have teachers to hate and are polite to the cleaners.

It’s always the teachers I’ve had issues with, though usually only one here and there, who behave as though they’re doing the only important job on earth which I’m sure comes from knowing they’re not, but they can compare themselves to a cleaner and feel as though they’re millionaire investment bankers.

Librarians are the same I find: act like they’re smarter than everyone who walks in the door - while putting books back on shelves is 90% of their job description and I always FEEL like telling them “You know you’re not longer even necessary right? I can download any book online for $1 - libraries are just chairs to sit in and power-points to charge phones and laptops now and free wifi: get over yourself.”

Aww.

I have no interest in or contact with any of my own family at all because they’re all classless bogon idiots I couldn’t wait to get away from so I cannot empathize easily, though I’ve lost pets who never did me any wrong at all so that’ll have to do - diminished in gravity as it is by comparison :expressionless:

4 Likes

Losing a pet is sheer suffering. I never want to go through that again… but do it I must. After I lost my dog a stray cat entered my life. I love the little rascal…I’m just his bitch :rofl:

5 Likes

True, but you can go buy another pet when one dies: you cannot buy another human, well I suppose you can if you place no value on your own soul.

Otherwise, humans are irreplaceable.

3 Likes

Seductive descriptions - dirty whore lol. I kid and you know this. Afternoon!

3 Likes

Omg that was for @Guido_Possum , not for you @muth oops

4 Likes

How, charming and wow thanks :expressionless:

4 Likes

Speaking of recipes… (and photos, since I like taking them as much as whatever subject of interest happens to be in the frame at the time)

I have found that the multitude of Killer Custard clones average 3 ingredients that work:

• Custard
  • French Vanilla
  • Cheesecake

Without even a need to bother with exact percentages since even I don’t know exactly what they’re meant to be and am still sliding them up and down - long as there’s more custard than french vanilla and more french vanilla than cheesecake the mix always tastes verrrry very close to KC.

Those two mixes on the right are 22%, which is a bit much but it’s much faster and easier to dilute later than to add more and wait like a 'tard for another month right? Seems common sense to me - that.

That’s not even a recipe though: just an accumulation of subconsciously absorbing those three ingredients that’re always present in KC clones and always in the aforementioned order and I don’t think anything else is even needed - just to play with the numbers until they’re the same as KC.

Hell I’m not even using Capella’s custard, but VTA must be almost identical since it’s got the same flavour as KC’s custardiness - even solo.

3 Likes

Identical to KC enough for me to mix another large bottle of that mix today, if I’ve got time once I’ve fucked around with what I need to fuck around with to make myself look like a respectable member of society tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

Love these little 60mL bottles too…

You get used to Chubby Gorilla’s, but these feel fuckin’ great in your hand: they’ve got that satin feel that doesn’t stick to your skin like super-smooth plastic does and being stubbier than CGorillas, they’re more compact.

I should’ve ordered more than four :angry:

3 Likes

NO sweeteners whatsoever in those custard mixes either: not even the raw sugar or honey or red date… actual… no it’s too late now it’s mixed :frowning:

I know though, that even of you only used a half teaspoon - if you were making REAL custard, you would have SOME sugar in it so leaving the Raw Sugar out omits that flavour completely and it should be in there, even if only a drop or two.

2 Likes

I’ve easily got enough to make another 200mL of that custard hrm.

I know it’ll change since it was only mixed last night, but the Cap French Vanilla is already perfectly tastable and the cheesecake too… so the only change should be the custard coming out which will only deepen the overall mix since custard’s pretty damn mild in a mix.

I’ll make it.

3 Likes

That’s my favorite shape bottle, too. SKS calls them Cosmos.

4 Likes