First time post!

fair enough. but at the same time, someone shouldn’t be so scared that it makes them nervous. this stuff is not nuclear waist.

4 Likes

@scotty, that’s a GREAT question, and I’m sure others have it as well.

YES, you will eventually have to crack one of your deep freeze bottles, and then break IT down into smaller use bottles.

I use 500ml for deep storage, and have a large amount of 60-120ml working bottles. Once I deplete all my working bottles, I break out a new storage bottle, into a load of smaller working bottles, and again, only using ONE until it’s empty.

ANOTHER thing to KEEP in mind with Nicotine is you must SHAKE it up before using, AND breaking down. If a deep storage bottle has been on ice for a year, and you open it and break it down, who’s to say all the NIC isn’t on the top layer, and the carrier on the bottom ??? That could be dangerous. Shake shake shake, before using, and especially before breaking it down.

3 Likes

China…

4 Likes

So… based on what you said, I should break down the 1,000 to 500 ml and use two bottles. But wouldn’t that allow too much air in the storage bottle. Being that they hold 32 ounces. That would be half nic, plus carrier and half air. How long does it take to properly thaw nic?

3 Likes

jmo. i wouldn’t use 500ml bottles unless i were storing a lot, 2-3 ltr’s+. and if i did use 500ml bottles, i would have smaller bottles that i would use to break down one of those big bottles when needed.

nic in pg/vg doesn’t freeze in our freezers, it just gets thicker.

4 Likes

Bottom line, don’t let yourself get overwhelmed here. For the first few years I mixed DIY, I bought 100mg freebase in smaller bottles that I just stored in a dark cabinet at room temp. It darkened more quickly but did not lose potency for the months it lasted before empty. So it isn’t like if you make one tiny mistake right now you jeopardize the useable lifespan of the newly acquired nic. When I moved to 100mg salts they were only available in larger containers which is when I started storing in the freezer.

Just move it into smaller bottles, put it in the freezer, and move on. And just be clean and careful. I do not don lab gear when mixing and I’m still around.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve never used gloves, goggles ot any precautions with 100mg base and I’ve never had a problem.

Just maybe don’t use it as moisturizer and wash your hands afterwards, but even then I wouldn’t bother with that unless it splashed up my arm.

If you’re using a syringe and being careful it’ll be fine :+1:

4 Likes

100mg/mL is only 10% nicotine base.

3 Likes

I am using the bottles you recommended, I believe 32 ounces so that would store 1,00ml. Maybe?

3 Likes

so compare to 6mg what I usually handle. That is 10 compared to 1.6 right?

3 Likes

that was when i thought you were buying a lot. the 32oz are 500 ml.
are you going to buy more nic ?

2 Likes

No 6mg/mL = 0.6% :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes, I think, I’m pretty overwhelmed right now.

3 Likes

See, this is why I shouldn’t do this!

3 Likes

You’ll be fine :slight_smile:

If you’re making 100mL juice that’s easier since 1mL = 1%

2 Likes

So at this point just get the nic stored. No need to tackle 10 things at once. Once this whole storage thing is sorted, then move on to how it will be meted into your mixes. No excess anxiety, no worries. Calm blue ocean…

1 Like

I think I need a scale now. After viewing recipes, some of the required measurements, no way can I do this with syringes. What was I thinking??

4 Likes

Nic will be delivered today. Good idea.

3 Likes

If you’re not, then confirm whatever flavour or liquid you’re adding by checking the percentage with (thinks): 6% x (whatever the total mix mL/grams are) = (number of mL/grams to add)

2 Likes

That is way too much math!!

3 Likes