First time post!

Wow, welcome @Ryan78. This is my first time here in ELR as well!! Thank you for the tip!

2 Likes

What is Holy Vanilla DIYSF?

2 Likes

No idea at all … vanilla flavoured, something :thinking:

What? How do you not know this, LOL! It’s in a bunch of recipes.

1 Like

I know! Im so ashamed!

:smirk:

1 Like

A really rich vanilla that has really good strength and body, and an excellent creaminess when pushed a little higher.

2 Likes

Sounds wonderful to boost a custard. Where can I find it?

1 Like

I have no idea, I got given a small bottle some time ago but am out now. I am trialing Gremlin Vanilla Overload as it is supposed to be very similar…

2 Likes

I like my roast beef sandwiches with either just pepper and salt or possibly some horseradish sauce or English Mustard because I like the kick it gives me especially when you have put too much on and you get that sensation that feels like your nose is going up to the ceiling and it blows your head off :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I can get behind horseradish or mayo or both!!

4 Likes

You’re never a bother, madam! Sorry I took so long to answer the question, but I did… with pictures!

3 Likes

Yup. Been mixing awhile but never used this site. Very informative

3 Likes

Hey Batman,
When you wake up from the other side of the pond, please let check in please :smiley:

2 Likes

And to everyone and anyone… I’m getting ready to place another order with bull city, what should I get? I’m much more into custards but am not too closed minded to create something else.

3 Likes

Horseradish Sauce :drooling_face:

5 Likes

Holy Vanilla was ‘the holy grail’ of vanillas. The original is no longer available (there is a V2 that is apparently nothing like the original). Vanilla Overload from Gremlin seems to be the new Holy Vanilla.

5 Likes

Interesting and thank you @KiwiPete

3 Likes

I love horseradish. And you nailed it when you described the feeling. I also get the feeling that goes up the back of my neck, over the top of my head, reaches my forehead and…rips the top of my head off. Love that feeling. What is weird is that I don’t like “pepper hot”. When I first meet folks, they think that because I love horseradish I will love jalapenos and other hot peppers. I only go for mild or medium, my favorite being “Hatch Style”, fresh roasted, medium heat.

3 Likes

After v2 they came out with Holy Reserection. A very close match to original. Vendor is in Los Vegas. She couldn’t pay the fees to our Feds for lab approval. She was selling out her stock. Then no more.

4 Likes

Such a shame - never got my hands on Holy Vanilla V1 or Resurrection :sob:

6 Likes