Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Black Cherry (TPA) is a strong flavor that I only use at 0.5 to 1% but I even tried it higher and does not taste bitter. Cola Syrup (TPA) I’ve never used but I suspect the chemical and bitterness comes from that one. This is only a guess so don’t just believe me…Whay I did use is Cherry Cola (Rdcd.Flshpnt) - Capella Flavors at 3% in a mix and it tasted great even as a SNV. My sugestion would be first to drop the Balck Cherry a bit and single flavor test the Cola Syrup (TPA). After that you can have a better understanding of how it behaves.
Good luck on your DIY adventure

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve sussed and posted it the recipe group mate :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I’ve just purchased Koolada FA from Dark Star vapes.
When I’ve come to enter it in my stash the only one that comes close to it’s description is 10%. I don’t understand, is that the correct concentrate?

2 Likes

It’s not actually FA-FlavourArt but TPA or TFA. Some companies use Fa for The Flavor Apprentice

The 10% is stating that Koolada comprises 10% of the solution. So that is the one you want to choose.

3 Likes

The lower case “a” is the clue it is TFA /Fa rather than FlavourArt /FA.

4 Likes

@Phil_Critch
The other (slightly larger) ‘clue’ is reading the label… chuckles :wink:

“Flavor Apprentice”

My apologies for the “outdated” (and desperately needing to be updated) “branding”

Some background for you though:
(Additional reading if you click on the “Capella or tpa” link)

I do plan on “bending @daath’s ear” again to see if he would agree to me changing over ALL current relevant TPA listings over to being what’s (IMO) properly listed and sold as TFA listings.

It’s been my opinion for some time now that this needs to be brought up to date.

I also know some won’t be happy about “breaking tradition” (if he approves). But just because some of us had to “learn to translate” (TPA/TFA, or worse: FA to TFA because of vendor relabelling), should not mean that we can’t adapt with this single issue like we have to adapt when flavors are removed from the market, or are fundamentally altered (chocolate cream or butter anyone? [among countless others]).

4 Likes

There is a recipe that uses INW cherries with FA pomegranate as a pair. Maybe worth a shot for a cherry cola.

3 Likes

I’ve nailed that Cherry cola as per that recipe. 5 days steep and it tastes awesome.

4 Likes

I’m looking for advice from anyone who has tastes Baker’s Daughter, white chocolate, cookie, marshmallow by coil spil.

I’m having bash at cloning it. Even though clones are near than impossible. A close resemblance may do.

3 Likes

Outstanding!

3 Likes

@Phil_Critch Congratulations !!! What final mix did you settle on ?

3 Likes

As it was mate. Just needed steeping for 4 days no lid :+1:t3:

3 Likes

I’m trying to clone Cola Gummy by Cosmic Fog that was discontinued in the US some years back.

This is the 3rd go. I’ve dropped the cola by 0.5% and upped the Gummy candy by 0.5% as the recipe prior was almost there he tells me. Anyone know of this liquid I’m attempting to clone?

3 Likes

Hi there, I am trying to make a strawberry milkshake, wouldn’t mind if it’s a bit cheesecakey. I started with the strawberries I enjoy most (some like TPA SB ripe can’t even taste). Instead of adding vanilla ice cream or custard like in other people’s recipes, I went for cheesecake + dairy milk (is that an abomination?). It turned out weak on the cream side so I added bavarian cream. Not convinced of the result decided to add a bit of fruit circles. I think they helped the strawberries, giving it a nice artificial touch, but now is possible too much in the fruit circles side.
I’d love to have some advice on how to get this right. Maybe some expert can tell me: “oh, no, never mix that with that” or suggest different proportions of some ingredient.
Thanks!
Federico

2 Likes

If you do want to steer this recipe more towards milkshake, I would suggest you get malted milk or malted milk (conc) from TFA. Use at 0.5- 1.5% for a more malty taste.

If I mix this recipe, I woukd replace the cookie FA with malted milk TFA and lose the fruit circle altogether. But that’s just me.

1 Like

I think I am liking this abomination I made :stuck_out_tongue: Today the fruit loops have calmed down and the result is like a … have no clue how to define this :smiley:

3 Likes

Can somebody assist. I bought Marshmallow by the flavour apprentice from dark star vapes.
When adding it to my stash the closest to it came up with DX Marshmallow. Is that correct? I’m somewhat confused.

2 Likes

u could just add " Marshmallow (TPA) " as dark star have just re-bottled the flavor . :+1:

5 Likes

I have the same bottle of Marshmallow from Darkstar, I assumed it is “Marshmallow (TPA)” http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/629

4 Likes

What @federete said.

3 Likes