Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Outstanding!

3 Likes

@Phil_Critch Congratulations !!! What final mix did you settle on ?

3 Likes

As it was mate. Just needed steeping for 4 days no lid :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Iā€™m trying to clone Cola Gummy by Cosmic Fog that was discontinued in the US some years back.

This is the 3rd go. Iā€™ve dropped the cola by 0.5% and upped the Gummy candy by 0.5% as the recipe prior was almost there he tells me. Anyone know of this liquid Iā€™m attempting to clone?

3 Likes

Hi there, I am trying to make a strawberry milkshake, wouldnā€™t mind if itā€™s a bit cheesecakey. I started with the strawberries I enjoy most (some like TPA SB ripe canā€™t even taste). Instead of adding vanilla ice cream or custard like in other peopleā€™s recipes, I went for cheesecake + dairy milk (is that an abomination?). It turned out weak on the cream side so I added bavarian cream. Not convinced of the result decided to add a bit of fruit circles. I think they helped the strawberries, giving it a nice artificial touch, but now is possible too much in the fruit circles side.
Iā€™d love to have some advice on how to get this right. Maybe some expert can tell me: ā€œoh, no, never mix that with thatā€ or suggest different proportions of some ingredient.
Thanks!
Federico

2 Likes

If you do want to steer this recipe more towards milkshake, I would suggest you get malted milk or malted milk (conc) from TFA. Use at 0.5- 1.5% for a more malty taste.

If I mix this recipe, I woukd replace the cookie FA with malted milk TFA and lose the fruit circle altogether. But thatā€™s just me.

1 Like

I think I am liking this abomination I made :stuck_out_tongue: Today the fruit loops have calmed down and the result is like a ā€¦ have no clue how to define this :smiley:

3 Likes

Can somebody assist. I bought Marshmallow by the flavour apprentice from dark star vapes.
When adding it to my stash the closest to it came up with DX Marshmallow. Is that correct? Iā€™m somewhat confused.

2 Likes

u could just add " Marshmallow (TPA) " as dark star have just re-bottled the flavor . :+1:

5 Likes

I have the same bottle of Marshmallow from Darkstar, I assumed it is ā€œMarshmallow (TPA)ā€ http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/629

4 Likes

What @federete said.

3 Likes

Hi there

Iā€™ve been mixing for the past 7 months or so and i try to clone my all day made of 45% Coolmist 45% Menthol Ice 5% Kringleā€™s Curse

Many mistakes many tries i ve got smth nice but i still miss the sweet perfection aftertaste on halo mints not sub-zero type.

I ve finally decided shyly to publish my best try and I need feedback on how to ā€˜get thereā€™ you know.

Here is the elr link

Iā€™ll welcome any suggestions.

Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Hi there all I want to make 100ml of my own juice I have 50/50 and I want to blend vanilla hazelnut Walnut and caramel and make it 10% nicotine could anyone be kind enough to let me know the quantities I need and how to go about it many thanks

11 Likes

Try reading up on posts like these:

Just to name a few. Welcome to the forum and have fun on your DIY journey.
You can also make a recipe and post it here for feedback:

Donā€™t take this the wrong way but itā€™s better in the long run to do research and a lot of reading yourself instead of looking for a quick fix by the community.
Anyway, welcome on the forum and GL to you!

17 Likes

Hello and welcome! Looks like Koning gave you the best places to start already! It is definitely worth the time to read all of that.

When i started, I read and searched and read some more on the forum here for about 2 weeks before placing my first order, also known as ā€œlurkingā€ in the forum. Just soaking in all i could. Watching beginner videos helped a lot along with the research.

Even after all of that, my first mixes were less than stellar, to say the least. (I create all original mixes, so no adaptingā€¦which would have been much easier) They got better pretty quickly, though, so donā€™t ever be discouraged!

If youā€™re doing the reading and hunting for answers, your requests for help will also be more effective. Your request here is missing a bit of important info, but just reading through the links provided should answer it all!

Welcome again, and I hope your first mixes come out more than stellar :smile:

13 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxsotC6eyf7ahIFI0eH54fA

and

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHO1jqaOgPVWlHYwGMhJaBA

These two channels give a wealth of DIY information.

12 Likes

Wow, @Choca, I donā€™t know if you know it or not, but that is a big request. You are basically asking us to skip your learning curve. When you say ā€œand how to go about itā€ makes me think you donā€™t know how to do any of it at all. If that is the case then @Koningmafkees has given you everything you need to start. BTW the Video he posted from New Amsterdam Vape is the best beginner DIY video on youtube.

I will be glad to help and I also have several recipes with the profile you just gave us.

Welcome to ELR and Good Luck

13 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Ofcourse, someone can give a recipe if that is what you want but the first think, any of as, can think is 100ml is to much for a recipe that you havenā€™t test allready and maybe you wanā€™t like it. Anyway for start, start with 20ml of diferend recipes and see which one is closest to your taste.

Is your nic at 50/50 as well? And in what % or mg?

Do you have any of this flavours allready?

Yes ofcource but also this why we have the calculator recipe side of this site. If you want to learn how to use it see the above links.

Follow the above links

12 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

10 Likes

Welcome to the ELR forum choca. Its a wealth of information here.

8 Likes