Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

u could just add " Marshmallow (TPA) " as dark star have just re-bottled the flavor . :+1:

5 Likes

I have the same bottle of Marshmallow from Darkstar, I assumed it is “Marshmallow (TPA)” http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/629

4 Likes

What @federete said.

3 Likes

Hi there

I’ve been mixing for the past 7 months or so and i try to clone my all day made of 45% Coolmist 45% Menthol Ice 5% Kringle’s Curse

Many mistakes many tries i ve got smth nice but i still miss the sweet perfection aftertaste on halo mints not sub-zero type.

I ve finally decided shyly to publish my best try and I need feedback on how to ‘get there’ you know.

Here is the elr link

I’ll welcome any suggestions.

Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Hi there all I want to make 100ml of my own juice I have 50/50 and I want to blend vanilla hazelnut Walnut and caramel and make it 10% nicotine could anyone be kind enough to let me know the quantities I need and how to go about it many thanks

11 Likes

Try reading up on posts like these:

Just to name a few. Welcome to the forum and have fun on your DIY journey.
You can also make a recipe and post it here for feedback:

Don’t take this the wrong way but it’s better in the long run to do research and a lot of reading yourself instead of looking for a quick fix by the community.
Anyway, welcome on the forum and GL to you!

17 Likes

Hello and welcome! Looks like Koning gave you the best places to start already! It is definitely worth the time to read all of that.

When i started, I read and searched and read some more on the forum here for about 2 weeks before placing my first order, also known as “lurking” in the forum. Just soaking in all i could. Watching beginner videos helped a lot along with the research.

Even after all of that, my first mixes were less than stellar, to say the least. (I create all original mixes, so no adapting…which would have been much easier) They got better pretty quickly, though, so don’t ever be discouraged!

If you’re doing the reading and hunting for answers, your requests for help will also be more effective. Your request here is missing a bit of important info, but just reading through the links provided should answer it all!

Welcome again, and I hope your first mixes come out more than stellar :smile:

13 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxsotC6eyf7ahIFI0eH54fA

and

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHO1jqaOgPVWlHYwGMhJaBA

These two channels give a wealth of DIY information.

12 Likes

Wow, @Choca, I don’t know if you know it or not, but that is a big request. You are basically asking us to skip your learning curve. When you say “and how to go about it” makes me think you don’t know how to do any of it at all. If that is the case then @Koningmafkees has given you everything you need to start. BTW the Video he posted from New Amsterdam Vape is the best beginner DIY video on youtube.

I will be glad to help and I also have several recipes with the profile you just gave us.

Welcome to ELR and Good Luck

13 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Ofcourse, someone can give a recipe if that is what you want but the first think, any of as, can think is 100ml is to much for a recipe that you haven’t test allready and maybe you wan’t like it. Anyway for start, start with 20ml of diferend recipes and see which one is closest to your taste.

Is your nic at 50/50 as well? And in what % or mg?

Do you have any of this flavours allready?

Yes ofcource but also this why we have the calculator recipe side of this site. If you want to learn how to use it see the above links.

Follow the above links

12 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

10 Likes

Welcome to the ELR forum choca. Its a wealth of information here.

8 Likes

Welcome @Choca :raised_hand:

7 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Choca
If you read through the posted links, you’ll be up to speed in no time mixing your ingredients.

7 Likes

Sorry I’m very late to the party and I haven’t seen anyone else mention it, but could it be Vanilla Swirl from TPA? That one can easily tone down other flavors and has a wide working range. If you haven’t experimented with it yet, give it a try.

3 Likes

So I’ve been mixing and vaping a cereal and milk mix since I started DIY about 18 months ago.

I pretty much only use TFA Berry Crunch, and I use milk, Bavarian, custard, graham, maltol, marshmallow and cookie or biscuit. I’ve used the same general formula, just trying different creams and milks.

About a month ago, it was like my taste buds just stopped tasting cereal. All I taste is my added berries and milk/cream. I’ve gotten so desperate that at one point I mixed the Berry Crunch at like 12%.

I’ve tried maltol, pyrazine, adding in other cereals, buying a new bottle of flavor twice… I’m stunned and deeply confused.

I know there’s a good chance that in my panic and raising the percentage, I have messed it up, but I really don’t see how if you used too much of a flavor you would taste it less. It may taste awful, but you’re gonna notice it, right?

I came to DIY From Breakfast At Teleos- which is a Berry Crunch and milk.

I’ve tried others’ recipes, to no avail.

One thing I wonder about- I often find more than one of the same flavor that I like. For instance, I love TPA Strawberry Ripe, but also FA Red Touch and CAP Sweet Strawberry. So I’ll make my own concentrates using all three. I also do this with custards and sweet dreams… I went and go a little nuts with the flavor purchases.

Do you think I’m muddying it up?

What could possibly have changed so drastically in a month that suddenly I can’t make the same recipe I’ve been mixing for a year and 7 months?

General Recipe

3 Likes

Easy. Basically, you can end up super-saturating your taste buds, at which point they “revolt”, and in essence become immune to the offending flavor (typically the dominant one).

However, the use of Ethyl Maltol can twist the phenomena even further, sometimes yielding unanticipated results.

Personally, I would suggest going back to one of your older iterations (that you hopefully saved) and start by omitting the EM.

Balancing flavors is IMO the single largest, most important, yet most difficult thing to learn in mixing. Using EM early on is the equivalent of using a sledgehammer for something that only needs a small screwdriver. :wink:

7 Likes

Come to think of it… I’ve been using EM for about the same length of time I’ve been having issues… Wow.

I thought it was just a sweetener that gave a nice kind of malty feel?

Can’t wait to try an old one sans maltol!

BTW, do you follow the percentage listed on your ELR stash with everything? Or just experiment?

I’m just wondering how accurate the preferred single flavor mix thing is, and whether pros like you follow it? I’ve seen a lot of recipes that are usually the higher rates ones using either a fraction or double of what is recommended.

3 Likes

The only time I use those numbers is for reference (to compare my actual findings to what’s listed at the time I checked them).

I SFT everything. With all the hardware differences (both atty and mod performance), and individual preferences reflected in the ‘averages’ numbers, you have to bear in mind how the advances (in just the last 3 years, let alone the Ego days) affect those numbers. Not to mention how far removed someone is or is not from smoking. In other words, how recovered are the taste buds of the individual keying in their preferences.

Newer flavors are usually a bit more accurate (by newer I mean those introduced in the last couple of years). But even then, there are still the above variances to account for.

I’m by no means a pro… Closer to being “intermediate or advanced” I would guess. But I have learned quite a bit in the last three years. Both by watching others who fall in line with my preferences, and of course by trial and error through a SHITLOAD of testing.

3 Likes

Okay. So now I’m screwed! I’m a concentrate fiend and it would take me a year to SFT all of my flavors.

Also- never came up with a somewhat simple way to do it. At one time I bought tiny 3ml bottles and just did VG and each flavor, but I was then changing out a wick every two seconds… I never did it because I order so many at a time lol.

I guess at the very least I could start making smaller batches and starting low with everything, so I know where I want to be.

So when you order ten concentrates at a time, you test each one? Lol I am so overwhelmed.

I was so happy and doing great, loving mixing and loving my mixed and saving so much cash and now it’s like I forgot what good juice tastes like!

I do remember I tasted more when I used Pyure when it first came out, than the TFA sucra/maltol? sweetener I use now.

As I understand it, the old Pyure had citric acid in it and that they took it out.

Ordered some erythritol, as I heard it’s clean and doesn’t gunk stuff up so much.

What sweetener do you use, if any?

Thanks for your help! :heart::heart:

3 Likes