Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

ill also droo the PB in half or at least .50 pct , i was thinking about cactus at .25 pct or so

1 Like

Creamy is the opposite of dry, right? Would this be able to help you out?

ā€œGamma Octalactone- Sold by tpa and sv. This is the stuff they put in fudgesicles and other non-dairy treats to make them taste creamy. At 50ppm, it will make any juice you make extra creamy; youā€™d swear thereā€™s real cream in it!ā€

This is from the thread, ā€œVery specific cream used in almost all premium liquidsā€. Maybe you can use this without drowning out the GC flavor, idk.

2 Likes

@Stavanger_Ghost Thatā€™s what I used to think, looks like itā€™s 5% Suc, and 5% Maltol for whatever thatā€™s worth.

1 Like

Off topic but I ordered the Purilum Cookie last night. Canā€™t wait to try it.

3 Likes

@muth Let me know what you think of it ā€¦

3 Likes

You know, Iā€™m just not sure. Itā€™s something I read somewhereā€¦hence the ā€œ?ā€ at the end of my reply. I canā€™t say it works only that I read it does. Problem is I canā€™t remember where I read it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you would think , but the cream and mouthfeel is good , its just dry but the more i vape it seems to be getting better lol or i may be getting used to it lol

2 Likes

Id say u are getting used to it, I had the dry chalkiness from PB tpa and stopped using any PB until urged to mix that saline up. Everything u need is at the grocery store, distilled water and sea salt, throw that in a bottle, u dont even have to heat it up, just shake. Id fix the dryness first thinking throwing more cream is just masking it, now u have a creamy dry PB, hehe

6 Likes

absolutely correct my friend and if this was moist / wet / juicier whatever it should be called id be in love with this

3 Likes

Iā€™ll chime in if you donā€™t mind, please keep in mind Iā€™m not a chemist or scientist, so take my words with a grain of saltā€¦literally :wink:

I used my organic sea salt crystals I bought a while back for regular cooking. Measured out 2.5 gram and filtered it through a little mesh, just to be sure there werenā€™t any other particles like dirt/sand in it. I then took a cup and a half of distilled water, boiled it, added the salt and let it boil for 5 minutes or till dissolved. Filtered it one more time, this time through a coffee filter and bottled it, using a 15ml amber glass bottle. This mixture due to its nature of not including extra preservative (yes I know salt but no thatā€™s not how it works lol) need to be stored in the fridge.

You can also buy it on amazon just make sure it says sterile saline solution (0.9%) I think it is, you get around 100 vials of 2 ml for I think $15 bucks.

You would add 1 or half a drop per 10ml to your juices if you wanted to make it juicier/wetter or even to cut sweetness. In some cases you can add it if you want that salted feel, for example with chocolates and caramels. However if thatā€™s your plan rather buy letā€™s say salted caramel, since that would do a much better job.

I donā€™t know why it works on a medical stand point, but what it does is the same nasal spray would (saline solution not the medicated) , if you ever had a clocked nose you know what Iā€™m talking about. Using that nasal spray will make the inside of your nose saturated, leading your body to start producing more fluid via your mouth and nose, giving you that feeling of a runny nose after a while lol.

I donā€™t know how to explain it any way, but thatā€™s what it does in your juice without extra flavor addings. For example inw cactus can and will make juices juicier or moist when too dry. Same with grapefruit/ Fuji and other citrus. So does white and apple cider vinegar, but all of them even at very low percentage will add the aroma note to your juice. Saline wonā€™t do that and you canā€™t taste salt or salty at very low percentage, now obviously if you using it @ 1% not sure who would tho, but yes the you will taste salt and not in a good way.

I hope that made it a bit clearer, if I confused you even more, I apologize.

6 Likes

How do you reckon this would go. I havenā€™t had much success with cheesecakes so I thought Iā€™d throw this one to the lions before I mixed it. Iā€™d appreciate opinions and recommendations. If I have anything that would work better, please let me know. http://e-liquid-recipes.com/stash

3 Likes

I think it looks yummy! If it was me Iā€™d bump up the NYCC to 3% and the Butter Pecan to 3 or 3.5%, and maybe omit the Brown Sugar because I find FW BP quite sweet. But thatā€™d be to my taste, not necessarily yours.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve added your suggestions to the notes, thanks.

4 Likes

Is brown sugar sweet? I thought it was flavor without sweetness, I havenā€™t used it much. I only added it because a flavor matching program suggested it.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not as sweet as white sugar, darker in taste.

4 Likes

To start: i am very new to mixing, only about a year and a half in. I have mostly mixed fruits but i am trying to expand my bakery recipes.
The goal for this one was supposed to be a blueberry taste with granola as a backround. I have been told it has a blueberry inhale but is predominantly granola. What can i do so the blueberry is not muted so much? Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

Some people will use a small bit of banana to boost blueberry. I think I remember seeing FLV Banana being used at .25-.50 and LA Banana cream being used around .75.

4 Likes

Now that you mention it, i have heard banana as well! Thanks!

2 Likes

In addition to the banana, a tiny touch of lime can help boost the tart skin aspect of the blueberry.

5 Likes

Oooh! Really? Thats interesting! Ill have to get some lime!!! Thanks!

2 Likes