Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Hi There I’m A newb here not sure that I’ve done this right . However I have a recipe for you I like the Idea of the recipe yet just not getting the I dunno the pop or taste I think that the title should have Here is the recipe

2 Likes

Did you try this before adding the sweetener?

2 Likes

actually when i first made did not have sweetner on hand so made without also added wow hoping to get that bigger taste

2 Likes

This recipe is outside of my wheelhouse so can’t comment much further though the percentages look high to me. Hopefully someone who uses similar flavors will come along to help. Perhaps a longer steep?

4 Likes

Thank you for your time and advice and just the overall concern effort muchly appreciated

3 Likes

Alright wildchild… Welcome to the forum… What kind of device are you using ??? How long have you let this liquid steep ?

My first thought is that you have 13.5 pct of Cream / custard in this mix , it seems that it would be smothering the FW Caramel Cinnamon Roll… I habe never used the FW CCR but if I were to remake this recipe here’s how it would look

FW Caramel Cinnamon Roll @ 8pct not sure if this is a good percentage , but im going to assume it is…

TPA Vanilla Custard DX @4pct TOPS…

Sweetener @ .5 to 1pct

Whipped Cream @ 1 to 1.5pct

I wouldnt add any wow , if I added anything it qould maybe be a singular bread note or a small amount of AP , and depending on how well the Caramel note is i might add a some Butterscotch or another Caramel

Note : After mixing this i would let it sit for a min of 7 days test it then put it away for another week test , then let it sit an additional 2 weeks . Vanilla Custard is a long steeper and the longer the better in most cases

5 Likes

i have anaegis with an obs tank and a smoat battlestar mini with an eleaf tank and i week
will try your suggestion thanx

4 Likes

Is this your recipe ???

2 Likes

I can’t tell from experience, but 8% Caramel Cinnamon Roll (FW) seems to be a bit high. Too much flavoring can actually mute it, so I’d try by at least halving that percentage.
Look below at the median average use.
Over at ATF, average use is even lower at 2.5% but there are still many using it at 3.5-4%.

If the strength of flavor is still not strong enough for you, I’d rather add a supporting flavor (like Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) or something similar) than increase your % on this flavor.

5 Likes

Well yiur gonna make me change my entire post now lol… I really wantwd to assume 8 was fine @WILDCHILD cut everything I said in Half except the sweetener …

4 Likes

Well you said “assume”, so I went and looked it up :wink:
Now he has a more complete answer.

3 Likes

however this is what the page desciption says when purchasing
Description \ 17x17 Mixing Percentage !

• 15-20% depending on taste.

As an addition to other flavors 5-10%

Work your way up: (Stand alone)

2 Likes

What page description ??? The manufacturer ?? I would suggest to NEVER use their suggested use , especially if the flavors have a median here on ELR

4 Likes

here is the link

3 Likes

Im not familiar with DIY ejuice.com… Personally I wld stick with ELR or ATF of course im bias and prefer ELR

4 Likes

ok they are about sales and the community here is users and mixers with experience , than you for your time, effort and assistance

4 Likes

i meant THANK YOU not than you

3 Likes

So i looked through a few flavors and it seems they use a standard range of 10 to 20pct for FW on all of their listed flaves , they do the same with Flavour Art but use a 1 to 3pct standard…so im sure they do a different range for each Manufacturer of flavors . I wish it was that simple , but every flavor is different and the ranges they should be used at are all over the place from .25 to 10pct etc …Single Flavor testing is the only real way your going to know what percentage works for esch individual flavor… Your Welcome…Anytime you have a question please feel free to ask NO MATTER what it is

4 Likes

Again Thank YOU for the Time effort and patience Totally appreciated . They just post standard mix labels, While you and others here explain and advise from experience and “hands on” trial and error
ONCE MORE
THANK YOU

4 Likes

You can even find those % on some of the manufacturer’s pages. Don’t forget, we’re dealing with food flavorings and often these ranges are a reasonable advice for those purposes. Some shops shamelessly copy those numbers without having done any research. Don’t trust them just like that, especially if you see that the same range is applied to every single flavor of a company. Nearly every flavor has a different strength for our e-juice, that’s why everybody always keeps hammering on “Do you single flavor tests” and “start low and build up”.
To get an idea of the strength, some people do knuckle tests or drink a few drops in water too. To me that helps to get an idea of the taste but it can’t beat dripping a bit in base liquids and vaping it.
But yeah, don’t ever trust sales people :wink: I’d really feel sorry for you if you tried to use FA Blackberry or FA Cardamom even at 1%. Start with 1 drop in 30ml (and that might even be pushing it for some).

5 Likes