Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

I’m going to try MF and VSO because although I think Hangsen is one of the better ones, it still leaves a lot to be desired.

4 Likes

Here’s the recipe and I’ll explain my dilemma…

The first 2 flavors are delicious together. Croissant is very buttery. Popcorn has a caramelized element to it as it’s more of a kettle corn. Most RY4s already have a caramelized element to them so adding JF RY4 just piled on more of it instead of adding a new color to the palette. I was thinking of maybe some other tobacco flavor like INW Gold Ducat or 555 Gold. Idk, I’m open to suggestions. Doesn’t have to be a tobacco either.

3 Likes

So what actual profile are you looking for?

4 Likes

I know, the whole thing probably looks weird but if you’ve ever vaped FLV Popcorn you might get an idea of what I’m reaching for. I guess I would describe it as a buttery, kettle corn RY4. But RY4 doesn’t really work, that’s why I though maybe a nutty tobacco. I should reiterate…RY4 works but it does nothing for me in this trio. It just doubles up on the caramelization or burnt sugary flavor. I want something nutty and maybe it doesn’t have to be a tobacco. Caramel popcorn can either have peanuts or pecans. Ever have Poppycock?

Poppycock popcorn

Poppycock is a brand of candied popcorn . Though it is marketed in a variety of combinations, the original mixture consists of clusters of popcorn , almonds, and pecans covered in a candy glaze. Other specialty combinations include mixtures with emphasis on cashews, chocolate, and pecans.

Original - Canister | Orville Redenbacher's

5 Likes

Ahhh, I see.

Never had that popcorn, not a popcorn fan actually. I don’t know about tobacco flavours but I thought there were some nutty non-tobacco concentrates around.

Hopefully someone will have some ideas :grin:

4 Likes

Beer nuts flv or nut mix fa. Beer nuts have some salty flavour to it. Probably would play well in contrast to the caramel.

The nut part of both are general nuttiness though.

7 Likes

Thx delltrap. I think I’ll consider FLV Beer Nuts 'cause I have FA Nut Mix and it’s very hazelnut forward. Not the nut flavor I envisioned. It’s a nice flavor though.

5 Likes

Dead spot on @delltrapp.

3 Likes

Great Choice…

5 Likes

I’ve used Chocolate Mousse (VTA) and 555 Gold (INW) and I know what they taste like but this recipe tastes like a blank! I don’t taste anything. I thought the Beer Nuts would be pretty prominent but I get nothing. What the heck went wrong? Does Beer Nuts fade quickly? Could the 2% Ice Cream Vanilla have wiped it all out? But i don’t taste vanilla either.

3 Likes

Just a general question. I have some 20/80 blends that are too thick for some tanks. If I add 10% PG to them will it alter the flavor too much?

4 Likes

Adding PG might help bring out the flavor. It is a better flavor carrier than VG. It shouldn’t change the flavor. Just provide better carriage, if that makes sense?

It’ll increase the throat hit, though, so I wouldn’t recommend more than a 60/40 VG/PG ratio. But that’s my personal preference.

I, myself, can’t vape more PG than 70/30 VG/PG… It kills my throat.

8 Likes

it will drown the taste a little bit becuse your adding 10pct of a base to a recipe that is already 100pct base/ flavors and nic . So Now your recipe is 80 /30 …Now if you mixed the recipe at 70/30 from the start it would be fine …i hope this makes sense

If you also increase your flavors by 10pct it may be closer to what its supposed to be If that math works . Comic Truth has a calculator that will allow you to make the adjustments properly

10 Likes

This is a commercial juice Dan sent me to try. That’s why I asked. I wish I knew what was in it. It’s Phillip Rocke’s Creme de la Creme.

4 Likes

I tried that back in 2015/16 …At the time it was hard to get because it was supposed to be small batch releases…Philip Rocke kept me Vaping…Looper , 100 grand , Fury , Vape the Rainbow

5 Likes

Sounds good!

4 Likes

It’s a Hazelnut coffee but quite different from all the coffee vapes I’ve tried. Has a punch to it, too. Not sure how he does it, it’s a 80/20 blend so it’s not the pg.

4 Likes

Is Cupcake World still unavailable in the US? I want Devon Cream.

2 Likes

@muth ???

https://www.amazon.com/Cupcake-World-Devon-Intense-Flavouring/dp/B00P7BCQFY/

2 Likes

Teehee, thx SessionDrummer. I saw that. 100mls? Want to get in a group buy? Can’t imagine how long that would last me. But hey, there doesn’t seem to be a good sub.

2 Likes