Flavor BAN!

No doubt. It reminds me just a bit of when I lived in Germany. I could pick up english speaking Russian broadcasts screaming about the evil Americans and of course the American broadcasts screaming the opposite. Meanwhile radio free Europe was like, oh holy fuck, here we go again.

4 Likes

Just in case (this is probably somewhere else in this forum but not sure how recently posted) of a nicotine ban, here is a calculator to figure how much you might need to stash: https://vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk/vapocalypse

5 Likes
2 Likes

And this is exactly why the whole world needs to react when a country behaves irresponsibly, even if that country is far away from where you live. The fake news is like a spreading disease :frowning:
So sign those petitions, register with CASAA.org and similar organisations that fight for our rights, annoy the heck out of your politicians as long as they’re not telling the truth or fight for public health.

5 Likes

50% of Schenzhen Chinese sales were to India (India is the #3 producer of tobacco and a major exporter of nicotine base globally {yet to be seen how this ban impacts that production}), this ban has huge global ramifications. Not to mention the million jobs lost in India and the 40 million smokers (One million+ annual cigarette related deaths) who are in peril due to this decision.

5 Likes

There’s a new specific thread for the Indian vaping ban.

4 Likes

I read in 2015 there were 200 million smokers

2 Likes

It could be 40 million vapers!!! (then) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWO0BUXUB6o

3 Likes

I appreciate your what you are trying to achieve but I honestly don’t think the U.S. Government gives a shit. They refuse to give any credibility to the research and findings in the U.K. and elsewhere. Given the number of vapers in the U.S. I doubt they feel threatened at all. Just like a company, a government takes on a culture and the culture in the U.S. government is arrogance and narcissism. Yes they are spreading a disease. It is a well choreographed disease. Best estimate is they have 70% of Americans believing that vaping is worse than smoking with their propaganda campaigns. Every episode of deceit becomes more blatant, the vaping campaign being the most transparent in terms of a rogue government that I have seen here in the U.S. to date. This is a clear message from the U.S. government. You will get what we give you. We are in charge.

6 Likes

It is quite possible that they don’t give a shit, but if nobody reacts, they don’t think they’re doing anything wrong and other governments will think the same of it.
The greater the number of people that react, the bigger the impact. All people who react are voters and they care. Politicians don’t care about the message perhaps but they do care about votes.

4 Likes

They care more about the money Big Tobacco and Pharma are lining their pockets with.

3 Likes

We’ll see. So far I see no signs of them being concerned. It’s a numbers game. About 10% of the U.S. vapes per stats. Out of that how many can be activated? Out of that how many will actually change their vote per this issue? These questions are not rhetoric on my part. I don’t know the answers. Like you I would be pleased if we could effect positive change. I do however have serious doubts.

2 Likes

Here’s New York as one example:

And obviously this does not include taxation or political contribution.

3 Likes

Keeping the cash cow of Tobacco companies paying settlement funds as well as generating ongoing sin-tax revenue seems a likely paramount incentive for state governments to act towards allowing these interests to dominate any vaping product sales (“keeping it in the family”). Using the opportunity of the appearance of illicit market product dangers due to contamination by substances out of anybody’s regulatory control of an unrelated and in many states illegal product is a classic disinformation and agitprop broker move - implying guilt by (only vague, but effective with a large majority of pinheads) relations actually existing. The phony drama of authoritative sounding people wearing white-coats with frowns on their faces waving their hands in the air sways many who defer to lifelong induced deference to social authority figures. The criminalization of Cannabis itself is the arguable primary cause of collateral dangers surrounding incentive-ized illicit markets.

The present (Nicotine) scenario is “carbon-copy” - out of the recently established CDC/FDA/Legislative demonization of pharmaceutical Opioid medications. The government’s own throttling/prohibitions in very large part created financial incentive for the illicit Fentanyl(s) market - which itself has (dominantly, by far) led to the deaths of thousands by poisoning. Rather than admit to mistakes, authorities knowingly wrongfully blame regulated pharmaceutical medications for such tragic toxicity and deaths (tripling-down, while still themselves causing the dominant problems). Big Pharma (who owns the US Senate, hands down) makes very little profit from off-patent generics, and wants the market to be restricted to new-fangled patented (supposedly “abuse resistant”) Opioid medications. Thus, the die (for complete and harmful dishonesty) is cast, and duly preserved because it is profitable for powerful financial interests, and thus for government.

The game is the same. Wipe out smaller and individual efforts by (falsely, because few will notice, or care) claiming great dangers to societal health and deadly threats to life. Give the large established corporate financial interest all the power and the money - then sit back and wait for them contribute to your re-election campaign coffers, while also paying the (assured) monetary settlement amount from the mercenary and parasitic litigations that governments have and continue to launch against the corporate players. All the while, recruit hand-wringing and loudly orating moral nanny public figureheads to unctuously theatricalize these dark, devious, avaricious, and harmful corporate monopolies as “holy wars” to protect the “public morals”, “for the children”. The combination of perceived moral/scientific authority is a strong persuader.

One more important thing. (Any) similarly situated person(s) - that is, persons subject to governmental prohibitions of psychotropics such as Nicotine and THC, and all of the societal dangers and harms that such prohibitions engender and amplify - are by far the weakest when divided amongst themselves, instead of united against the primary (and not the proximal) cause(s) of the tyranny itself (government prohibitions).

Consuming users such as ourselves - when we revile, perhaps demonize, and project blame onto THC users for allegedly “spoiling it for everyone” need to understand the very common similarity of our socio-political statuses. Many chronic pain patients robbed of the regular (and only effective) pain medications have made the (same) mistake. Their bellicose despite, envy, and blame projected towards other persons who desire to use similar drugs (where it is the government that should be held accountable and opposed) hopelessly divides - and in doing so, destroys from within - any chances of the affected persons effecting meaningful social changes. Believe me, many scores of them (still) imagine themselves (and their own, doctor-blessed pains) as making them a “prettiest angel”, (more) worthy than others. Despite all of their attempts to emulate the chemical-statist totalitarian state’s punitive and draconian philosophies, they (like all the rest) have been (and remain) trivialized, demonized, and ostracized by the Inquisitors. Truth(s) have little or nothing to do with it. Candy-ass “compliance” gets people nowhere (except in their own wistful minds). No reason to be a toady for authoritarian regimes. They will leave you at “the bus stop”, and burn you every time

8 Likes

But Illinois is legalizing marijuana on Jan 1 2020.

3 Likes

That’s true! It wants tax money.
Proof?
While one will be able to buy it, unless one holds a medical marijuana designation, one cannot grow it for themselves.

4 Likes

He definitely bashed them :rofl:

3 Likes

But people will grow it themselves. I guess I don’t understand the banning of flavored e liquid and vaping all together whilst legalizing marijuana. Whatever rules the states and government makes, we always find ways around them.

3 Likes

Here come the “warm jets” of corporate “falling all over themselves to appear to do the correct dance-moves”, as nimrods everywhere fall in love with yet another specious and egregious distortion of facts:

(September 18, 2019): “CBS, Viacom, and WarnerMedia ban e-cigarette advertisements amid vaping health crisis - Following a similar CNN ban last week

1 Like

7 Likes