India Bans Vaping

Join us reacting to one of the worst moments in Vaping History

4 Likes

Are there petitions, twitter feeds to bomb, organisations to sign up with, … ?
What can we do?

2 Likes

Its done, TOTAL ban of ENDS. Even HNB and shishas - all banned. Nothing we can do. 42mil vapers affected.

3 Likes

Sickening … don’t they have bigger issues in India?

3 Likes

Interesting point someone brought up in chat was they looked into it and found out that India is the biggest exporter of Tobacco and Nicotine…

4 Likes

Absolutely, this is the Minister of Finance giving the news - I find that odd. Why is she even speaking about “the kids epidemic” - smoke screen I say.

4 Likes

Yes, besides being a crippling blow to India (jobs and lives), it has global ramifications to the ENDS market. India was 50% of the Chinese e-cig market.

6 Likes

Well, I guess that’s one way towards population control.

6 Likes

That is correct, Joel… India nic is the most desirable.

3 Likes

I have that twisted theory too, eh? Haha

4 Likes

In addition to being a downright SHAMEFUL overreaction, she mentions transportation, and storage of the devices.

Think about what that means for tourism/tourists. Or potentially even just a layover stop in an Indian Airport. Technically even if it was “stored in” your checked in luggage, that’s storage. It could also be considered transportation… I mean, SERIOUSLY.

You could be fined (expect this at the very least), and potentially jailed for being unaware of the recent development as a tourist.

But you can always free to kill yourself quicker.
We have hookah and tobacco shops… “We’ll allow that, no problem!” :roll_eyes: :rage:

“the smoke that’s exhaled from…”
There IS NO SMOKE from a vaporizer you idiots.
Grrrrrrr

God stupidity pisses me off.

5 Likes

The Indian government is protecting it’s 28% share in their big tobacco company ITC - It’s just like here in the States, all about the money:

3 Likes
2 Likes

This sounds like a surprise, but news of the impending ban has been out for almost month. It’s strange to me that this is the first I’ve read about it - after it became official

It seems that they aren’t going to be arresting vapers, also. Nothing is good about any of this, but a traveler in the airport will, reportedly, not be arrested or fined.

Edit: Conflicting reports, now…

“Simply possessing e-cigarettes or similar devices will also be an offence, health minister Harsh Vardhan said in a tweet, punishable by up to six months in prison and a fine of up to 50,000 rupees (£550).”
I would like to find the actual text if the ban.
3 Likes

Highest Tobacco producing countries in the world:
re: http://kwikmint.in/blog/highest-tobacco-producing-countries-in-the-world

4 Likes

Besides China (as far as I know at least), all the other countries on that list are doing all they can to stop vaping. It really can’t be more obvious than that.

3 Likes

If one wants to harm themself in India they can just drink the water. The amount of shit in the Bombay water supply is astounding. Most of the population suffers from low to high grade dysentery. Half the population, 650 million, don’t have access to toilets…at all. Those wonderful pictures you see of the Malabar Hill beaches in Bombay are covered in shit, literally. But obviously they need to protect people’s health from vaping.

It just goes to show that politicians are mainly idiots and a-holes, it doesn’t matter where they’re from.

11 Likes

On top of all that, if and when Indian citizens lay dying, (quite often) suffering severe pain and discomfort:

India distributes only enough morphine equivalent to meet 4% of need (43 mg per patient).

Source: “The Lancet Commissions: Alleviating the access abyss in palliative care and pain relief -
an imperative of universal health coverage”, the Lancet Commission report";
The Lancet; October 12, 2017:
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)32513-8/fulltext

4 Likes

Had a feeling that was the case. Bastards!

4 Likes

If you search for highest tobacco producing countries in the world you will find a correlation with vape bans

4 Likes