Flavor BAN!

handguns and ‘assault weapons’ have absolutely nothing to do with the vaping argument.

2 Likes

Sponsored NRA proponent here. Thanks so much for the feedback, not sure what prompted it but no doubt it was done with agenda. New member, apparently worried about constitutional rights should look at how other “rights” are being trampled by this administration. Have fun here and make lots of friends.

4 Likes

TDS anyone?

4 Likes

All the places that bans have taken place or are in the process thereof are Democrat strongholds.

A ban still sucks regardless, but there are much more important things going on to worry about. Most people wouldn’t believe it.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s healthy or productive to allow this to go into the Gooberment created and sponsored argument between parties. The ultimate defacto distraction. Both parties are participating in the propaganda. We would do far better being one issue voters. Damn the D and R and vote for the person that stands up for vaping, if there is a such a thing. Last I read, 70% of the American public has bought into the propaganda. That is what has to be changed. Talking among ourselves will do nothing to sway that 70%. Presenting to the general public over mass media is the key. That’s a damn rough nut to crack. Mass media is pay to play no mater what angle you pursue. Regardless, we only hurt ourselves if we let this devolve into the tangent of partisanship. At that point we are fighting the battle with their rules. That is a paradigm that must be ended.

8 Likes

nothing of the sort, i’m here to learn all i can about e recipes and this is the finest body of work i could find on the subject.

no one sponsors me.

as for rights being trampled, that’s precisely my point. smokers, gun owners, vapers are all being marginalized, vilified and over regulated by legislators and bureaucrats who are motivated by monied interests, optics, and ever increasing addiction to control.

pointing fingers at the other guy isn’t the way to deal with it. call your congressman, call your senators, send emails. be a pain in the ass.

sorry if my reply went in the wrong place, first post and it didn’t seem to appear with the post to which i replied.

9 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. This forum is an excellent body of work re vaping and a great place to learn about mixing. Generally, it is an awesome place where shared hobbyist comradery flourishes in a congenial fashion. The recent attacks on an innocent lifestyle choice have created anxiousness and anger. I agree that the best option is by venting this responsibly to those legislative bodies that can mitigate a remedy.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Washington Post, September 24, 2019:

Massachusetts to ban all vaping product sales for 4 months in toughest state crackdown

Massachusetts would go beyond a flavor ban to temporarily eliminate tobacco and marijuana e-cigarettes from the market. Officials said the halt will allow time to properly investigate the products.

2 Likes

Damn… how many states does that make now?
Who else is on the dockets? Any body have a list of close future bans?

2 Likes

Look at the MSA payments and which states are leveraged 100% and that will give you the road map.

4 Likes

The practical problem with honking on legislators is that unless you: (1) Present some serious threat of their potential public humiliation; and/or (2) Present some credible offer of connecting them to campaign money and/or votes, they rarely will even give you one moment of their time/attention. The playing field is not level.

3 Likes

I agree particularly in the context of “legislative bodies.” It occurs to me time and again that there seems to be confusion between submitting comments to administrative agencies and their unelected employees and contacting their representatives. Here’s what happened with all comments submitted to FDA which promote the truth that we all consider vaping products cessation products rather than tobacco products. From the federal register where the rules, not laws, are published:

"In addition to the comments specific to this rulemaking that we address in the following paragraphs, we received many general comments expressing support or opposition to the rule. These comments express broad policy views and do not address specific points related to this rulemaking. Therefore, these general comments do not require a response. Other comments outside the scope of this rulemaking also have not been addressed here. "

I will link if you like. However, this is SOP “pigeonholing” of issues and classic agency weasel words.

“The bending of the meanings of words is symptomatic of a diseased institution, with the angle of linguistic deflection indicating the seriousness of the cancer within. The Spanish Inquisition represented an advanced case. Rawson’s Dictionary of Euphemisms and Other Doubletalk , rev. ed., p. 35 (1995).”

By all means contact your legislative reps and support any that oppose this crap.

4 Likes

Slick Willie’s “What is is?” I could spew volumes this. Makes my head spin. I’ve been mentally reviewing the “hearings” on vaping I listened to yesterday and the subtle and often not subtle manipulation that took place is astounding. “Strange game; the only winning move is not to play”. Jonestown mentality.

5 Likes

Brother XII may be listening, you guys better stay in line!!!

4 Likes

Preaching to the choir man, there aren’t a lot of viable “legal” actions to stop runaway overreach. The tide doesn’t bode well for this particular subject, we find ourselves in a real predicament.

4 Likes

Washington State (September 27, 2019):

Inslee directs Washington state health board to ban flavored vape products

Governor’s Executive Order:

Emergency Rule to Ban Flavored Vapor Products: Request that the State Board of Health use its emergency rulemaking authority to impose a ban on all flavored vapor products, including flavored THC vapor products, at the Board’s next meeting on October 9.

Yaaaaaay, it finally made it here !!!

3 Likes

I realize we have a big city flavor ban but I believe this is for finished e liquid for sale in stores. I haven’t read anything about DIY.
If you DIY in the banned flavor cities, I’d sure try to stay low profile…meaning don’t brag about it, don’t blow huge clouds at work, in public etc. when flavor vendors like nicotine river, bull city stop selling flavors to us, then we have to worry about flavors, but until then, diy is untouched. Just don’t be an ass about that and fuck it up for everyone like the street vendors did by mixing drugs into the eliquid.
Law makers don’t care about what we want, they want for their own self gain. Complaints and reason fall on deaf ears. Just have to make sure they don’t get what’s ours. We are gonna have more people on ELR, more of the same questions and will have to make sure the new people learn how to DIY.

9 Likes

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

6 Likes