Flavor BAN!

LOL I play euchre quite a bit so I get to hear trump all the time.

2 Likes

Watch this interview by Wayne Walker with a cannabis lab technician (the issues relative to dilution and thickening when processing THC distillate are discussed) {spoiler alert; they could all utilize PG safely but worry customers want something natural - I reached out to Dr. Konstantinos Farsalinos about potential issues with “lemon oil” in flavorings and he replied to me that flavorings and all other components of vaping liquid are best synthesized products that emulate natural. He by the way is a firm believer in simple vape recipes and questions the vitamin 2 acetate as the cause for the new illnesses. Watch the video it is very illuminating) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1DRo3tPDG4

8 Likes

Ultimately I think there’s three main things that cause this problem and are the root of it. 1 Horrible marketing buy flavor companies that make e-juice graphics making it look like a kid’s candy attracting very young people to it. 2 Obviously the sale to minors.3 any Einstein genius who thought it was a brilliant idea to put drugs in a pod system and sell commercially.

These three things have confused people in power that make the laws about this and who are probably ignorant as non vapers about the mature minded aspects to vaping. I said earlier regarding about Trump and I understand it’s not 100% his fault. Just when you include his history of corruption and the tendencies of big tobacco it’s really hard to not point the finger. It just saddens me that instead of going after the root causes of the problem many many many mature minded vaper have to suffer. It sounds like a disaster but something tells me that this will sort itself out somehow. Keep the faith people vaping saves lives!

4 Likes

It’s enough of his fault that he had an uninformed hissy fit on live TV to say he was banning flavors. He didn’t let the process (bipartisan support to kill vaping for what ever reason exists) play out in a democratic fashion but in a fascist proclamation. Sorry but he is a tard and not my president, f him.

6 Likes

Apologies if this is mentioned, I did not read all of these diatribes.

But it occurs to me this will have worse unintended consequences that will make kids vaping fruity pebbels all but pale in comparison.

It sounds to me like gun control saber-rattling. While stated to be in the public’s best interests, what they fail to disclose (or maybe even consider, but I doubt they are unaware)- those who want guns will get them illegally if the legal avenues (which discourage and prevent ‘honest’ citizens from procurement) are closed off. Same with vaping. As this lung disease epidemic of late appears to be caused by street-level pods which contain the badditives, and not the ‘clean’ nic-based proper juices, access to the ‘safe’ liquids will be eliminated for everyone, leaving those wanting to continue vaping forced to seek out the sources that are responsible for the issues- especially if these street dealers seize the opportunity and begin to sell nic-based juices as well as THC oil pods. And since I highly doubt they will source proper nicotine, mete it out in proper increments, or mix in proper facilities, soon all of vaping will become literally dangerous. Sound like a good idea, political buffoons? You are asking for it.

So, as with everything governmentally interfered with, they stand to make things much worse rather than much better. And solely for votes and money. Idiots. D’s, R’s, whoever you are- you are greedy, shameless fools.

4 Likes

Thanks for that, It really is a very interesting and informative video. Must say, I hesitated because I usually find Wayne irritatiing , but hey! he seems to have mellowed a little bit, and besides, the other guy did nearly all the talking :grinning:

5 Likes

The interview is not about WW, he did an excellent job asking questions of an expert in the field.

3 Likes

Agree, they have just made the whole situation worse.

2 Likes

It would explain the problems in the Great Lakes area. They were not big enough to cause problems on either coasts. Wouldn’t be surprised to find many other of these operations doing this.

3 Likes

Well just got ahead of the issue and ordered a big flavor, nic, and VG order before they can start to hit them hard. I should be good for about 3-4 years now.

5 Likes

I don’t see how they can ban VG. It’s a really common food/cosmetic/ pharma ingredient with a zillion other valid uses.
A lot of the flavours should be fine, too- at least those that are marketed mainly as “food flavors”

One problem is gonna be that future vapers will either have to come here or else guess which flavous are suitable for vaping. I predict a lot of nasty heath issues resulting from folk guessing wrong, followed by further castigation of the vape industry.

3 Likes

If history has proven anything “Prohibition” is a bad thing. The politicians thought that black market alcohol or “tub gin/wine” was bad enough and caused so many deaths that they had to over turn it. What is so fucking hilarious to me is that there are thousands of deaths to cigarettes each fucking year and no one blinks an eye. 1 death out of vaping (illegal vaping to be exact) and everyone goes ape shit. @jay210 I know VG would not be bad, but just getting ahead of this whole flavor issue.

7 Likes

450,000 US deaths attributed to cigarettes per year…this is not about public health clearly

8 Likes

all i mean to say is they can’t ban the purchase of glycerol and food flavourings - too many legitimate uses. The most they could realistically do is restrict sale of those ingredients to adults only;and ban the brands that are clearly marketed for vaping. Nicotine might well be a different matter.

4 Likes

Prohibition of nicotine is always the only concern for DIYers.

2 Likes

Right, but if you recall in history the banning of items meant that people still craved them and made it dangerous. “Prohibition” was a dirty time for alcohol drinkers. This link can provide some interesting facts about “Prohibition”. Also kind of eerily scary to what is happening now.
https://www.alcoholproblemsandsolutions.org/deaths-during-prohibition/

5 Likes

Oh, I agree absolutely. you might like to read the last para of my post

Ofc, that’s not the worst of it, but i’ve already drivelled on about the worst in other posts, IIRC

4 Likes

It is also a concern that legitimate nicotine sales companies will go out of business due to lack of commercial sales. There are however a number of manufacturers with quality product overseas. Procuring them will be difficult if there are imposing regulations on import are enacted. Chemnovatic is one of the top manufactures of quality nicotine - they aren’t going anywhere.

4 Likes

This is my two cents and I will be hated for this. I think pod systems and nic salts are bad. I think they introduce too high a nicotine content for either some adult new to vaping or someone just trying to quit for the first time. I think that pods should be banned and off the market. I do not care the cool factor and think that these are just issues waiting to occur. I am in total agreement that those should be off the market. A new person introduced to nicotine for the first time should not be given a pod fucking system.

I do agree with the fact that young people smoke cigarettes at a very young age. Would I have them smoke cigs or vape on a non pod system. I would have them vape on a non pod system for sure. Just so they do not have to go through the agony of chronic bronchitis. My chronic bronchitis stopped when I started vaping 9 years ago.

Again I truly think pods should be off the market entirely. When doing reviews I was constantly asked to review pod systems and refused each time!

7 Likes

It is a huge concern. At least here we should be reading the MSDS that come with the nic. Where as in other countries who knows what they are putting in the nic.

2 Likes