Flavor BAN!

You’ve grandfathered-in nightshades containing the Occultist Tropane alkaloids Atrophine, Scopolamine and Hyoscyamine. That should get Trump’s Evangelical darlings real giddy goo ! … :stuck_out_tongue: “Satanic” cannon-fodder.

4 Likes

And accordingly… the fda details it here… whats wrong with your search foo tonight Raven and why all of this… most knew this years ago.

2 Likes

IKR What century is this again?

The Wave of Vape Hysteria Begins… :crazy_face:

4 Likes

It looks like the applicable FDA classification category is one of “medical device”, and not “tobacco product”. Nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) that meet the definition of a tobacco product are only ones that include components which are made or derived from tobacco that is intended for human consumption. (Provided) Nicotine-free device (and sub-components) are not a “tobacco products” - they are “medical devices”. Kind of makes sense that (stand-alone) pieces of metal and bits of cotton are not considered “tobacco products”

From the therein referenced:
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/01/09/2016-31950/clarification-of-when-products-made-or-derived-from-tobacco-are-regulated-as-drugs-devices-or

A. Definition of “Tobacco Product”

The Tobacco Control Act was enacted on June 22, 2009 (Pub. L. 111-31), amending the FD&C Act and providing FDA with the authority to regulate tobacco products. Section 101(a) of the Tobacco Control Act amends section 201 of the FD&C Act by adding paragraph (rr), which defines the term “tobacco product.” In general, a “tobacco product” is defined as any product made or derived from tobacco that is intended for human consumption, including any component, part, or accessory of a tobacco product (except for raw materials other than tobacco used in manufacturing a component, part, or accessory of a tobacco product). Section 201(rr)(2) of the FD&C Act excludes from the definition of a tobacco product any article that is defined as a drug under section 201(g)(1), a device under section 201(h), or a combination product described in section 503(g) of the FD&C Act (21 U.S.C. 353(g)). Section 201(rr)(3) of the FD&C Act explains that any article that is a drug, device, or combination product shall be subject to chapter V of the FD&C Act (the authorities for drugs and devices) rather than chapter IX (the authorities for tobacco products).

B. Drug/Device/Combination Product Definitions

1. MEDICAL PRODUCT DEFINITIONS

As noted in section I.A, the definition of “tobacco product” excludes anything that is a “drug,” “device,” or “combination product” under the FD&C Act.

The FD&C Act defines “drug” (in relevant part) as an article intended either: (1) For use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease (referred to as the “disease prong” of the definition) or (2) to affect the structure or any function of the body (the “structure/function prong”) (section 201(g)(1) of the FD&C Act). The FD&C Act defines a “device” (in relevant part) as an instrument, apparatus, implement, machine, contrivance, implant, in vitro reagent, or other similar or related article, including any component, part, or accessory, intended either: (1) For use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease or (2) to affect the structure or any function of the body, and which does not achieve its primary intended purposes through chemical action within or on the body of man and which is not dependent on being metabolized for the achievement of its primary intended purposes (section 201(h) of the FD&C Act).

5 Likes

“Clearing the market of unauthorized non tobacco flavored products.” Unauthorized to me means counterfeit, unlicensed manufacturing of these products. I’m interpreting that manufacturers who are approved through the FDA aren’t affected.

2 Likes

There are currently no FDA authorized non (as in e-cigarettes) tobacco flavored products - you can read whatever you want into this - go on youtube and type in Flavor Vape Ban & read what vape shop owners have to say - watch any of the vape reviewers that are organizing protests … (if you are looking to call this fake news be my guest pal) There is nothing to debate with you about this, take care.

3 Likes

I dont think they are targeting vaping as a whole they are just targeting the flavors that attract the kids so any liquids that look like candy and fun is gone but i dont think they are targeting concentrates just my opinnion on how i see things. My opinion lets keep vaping.

2 Likes

Any e-liquid that is not tobacco flavored, including mint and menthol is being cleared from the shelves. All nicotine eliquids being sold still have to go through the PMTA FDA approval process; flavored eliquids once pulled from sale can apply for approval (good luck with that). This is a death blow to the vaping industry (in the USA) - not to DIY yet.

5 Likes

Gregory Conley, president of the American Vaping Association, defends the vaping industry, rejects the Trump administration’s proposed ban of flavored e-cigarette “FOX NEWS Today”

5 Likes
7 Likes

View this email in your browser
To the NicRiv community,

As you may have heard, our industry is currently facing challenges, and we need your help! President Trump has announced that he will seek a federal ban on flavored e-liquid products. This comes on the heels of a recent rash of serious lung-related illnesses.

While health officials continue to investigate the causes of these illnesses, a few common factors are known: They appear to be caused by vaping oil, not e-liquid. Specifically, cannabis THC vaporizers, blackmarket cartridges and thickening agents such as Vitamin E Acetate are the main focus at this time. However, this distinction is not made in headlines, causing some confusion in the general public. When people see “vape,” they think e-liquid. As members of the vape community, you know oil and juice are not the same thing.

Many people depend on e-liquid as a better alternative to traditional cigarettes, and flavored e-juice has further encouraged people to make the switch by providing pleasant experiences and countless varieties. Flavored e-juice is so much more than that though. It has become a cultural phenomenon. We are a community, and that community is being threatened.

Please take a moment to help. Sign the official We The People petition to get our voices in front of policy makers who can protect our community!

SIGN THE PETITION HERE

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-donald-trump-signing-federal-flavor-ban-e-cig-products

Have more than a moment to give? Give Washington a call!

Click HERE for call info.

Want to do even more?!

Share the above links with others! Spread the word on social media. Tweet your positive e-liquid story and tag President Trump.

At NicRiv, we value the safety of our customers and the businesses of the many manufacturers who depend on us for their supplies. That’s why we only source regulated, verified and tested materials for our inventory and the products we manufacture ourselves. Quality and safety is of the utmost importance and we strongly urge our community of vapers and manufacturers to use only verified, tested materials in their e-liquid for added assurance.

Thank you for your time and continued support.

Sincerely,

Grant Boatman
CEO
Facebook
Twitter
Website
Instagram
Email

Copyright 2018 © Nicotine River, All rights reserved.

Business Address: 2535 Conejo Spectrum St. Thousand Oaks CA 91320
Email: Info@nicotineriver.com | Phone: (805) 375.0401 | Hours: Monday - Friday | 8am - 5pm

6 Likes

So I guess those that make zero nic juices aren’t concerned… and the fda isnt going to go after open systems… Right. okay Raven lol… whatevers… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The flavor ban is just the beginning. First they will ban the flavors, and when that doesn’t stop the lung infections & ‘teen epidemic’ (and it won’t) then they will focus on equipment. When that doesn’t ‘work’ they will go after liquid nic.

It’s all an excuse to phase out vaping as we know it now and introduce the FDA approved crap. What we will be left with is a handful of options similar to Blu, Vuse, IQOS and other bullshit like that.

The gov’t is losing too much money the way it is now, and they can’t have that.

They are targeting everything, just not all at once. The lung infection problems has just given them the green light to go full speed ahead.

5 Likes

Oh this is rich! Now all the distributors are screaming “fight the flavor ban”. Wonder if they ever contacted their suppliers about the sponge bob, fruity loops, cartoon-esk yada yada labeling? My guess, no. Oh but captain, it was just a short nap. Our boat is where? Oh shit!!!

3 Likes

Conley is my new Hero…

3 Likes

Perhaps I will change my user-name to: “Raven lol whatevers”. :wink:

3 Likes

It’s all black market THC Vapes, and to fix it they just started a black market for vaping.
Doubt this effects us diy folks though.
All flavors and ingredients are used in many products and they’ll never be able to outlaw nicotine.

4 Likes

Now that we have that commitment in writing, could you also provide a notarized sworn affidavit ? Thanks !

5 Likes

Ooh that is soooo quotable. The most concise expression of the absurudity yet

Hmm? I beg to differ there. Who’s gonna supply that black market but DIY folk, eh?

We’re about to become the new bogeyman.

2 Likes

Damn kids, back in my day they were happy smoking Djarams to cover the smell of the pot. I don’t know about you guys but I first smoked by stealing some from my folks for the neighborhood gang; everyone had to get cigarettes in order to fit in. This f’n kid smoking/vaping issue isn’t anything novel, nor is drinking, or doing drugs recreationally. The whole argument is a non sequitur, like Grimmgreen said yesterday the answer it just to ban kids.

4 Likes