Flavor chasers what is your favorite pg vg ratio

i know pg is suppose to give you the most flavor, but that’s just part of the puzzle. For me ,I love my flavor .i started out with a Nautilus stil luse it it everyday i guess its the only way to get my nicotine percentage for the day . i smoked for 52 years 2 packs a day in the later i was down to 1 pack. i vape that at a comfortable 6 mg. my tanks and rta’s i vape at three mg. nicotine iv"e been mixing for about 3 years and vaping for about 4. i looked up some old topics and couldn’t find the answer im looking for.i know some of the flavor chasers are going with a 70/30 i tried 60/40 and my coils were burning prematurely 50/50 works for me but only in my nautilus. in my tanks and rtrta’s i usually go mag vg but i think I’m missing out on flavor. Tried 30/70 better. temperature i’m all over the place with different coil builds. my nautilus is the most simple i vape at 12 watts 50 /50 mix 1.6 ohm. its the sub ohm confusion i have to get me some flavor curios has anybody really got it please advise

3 Likes

Honestly it doesn’t make much of a difference, the higher you go with vg the longer you need to steep it, yes pg is the flavor carrier but I use 30/70 pg/vg and get as much flavor as I want, if you notice low flavor you can always bump your favor percentage a bit.

2 Likes

why do some people go to 70/30

2 Likes

I can see why some don’t because there alergic to pg. but are there some who are just getting better flavor

2 Likes

while others are searching for it better in their coil builds

3 Likes

@jims_kitchen I think it’s going vary with the flavors you are using. Some favor PG, others VG, or at least don’t take a flavor hit with it. I’m too lazy to come up with different mixes for different setups, and I only use two. One is for my (yeah there’s lot’s of flavor) sub ohm’ing @ 70V/30P, and for my MTL’ing I use 70P/30V. The longer I vape the less I prefer PG, and if I need throat hit, I’ll do it with the NIC if I need it. Like @Cutlass92 said, higher VG DOES mean longer steeps, thicker mix, takes longer for it to meld/steep.

I’ve done countless A/B comparisons between my two mixes (granted, different setups/rigs), using the same juice mix, and although I’ve never noticed any loss of flavor with high VG, I did notice that some fruits seemed to pop just a bit more with PG.

2 Likes

I mix that way for three reasons

1. Throat hit. I don’t want a lot.
  2. I get the feel I want from the vape, I need to feel the vapor in my mouth.
  3. My coils don’t leak, I use the the steam crave Aromamizer supreme v2 it produces amazing flavor but can be a bit of a trick to get wicked just right and I find the thicker juice gives me more room for error.
1 Like

i also find the flavor the best when you find the right mod and coil build big big difference also the mod has changed it for me different flavors in different mods moving temp up or down but when you get it all together ahhhhhhhhhh

2 Likes

i love these obs nano dont leak not a drop easy easy build single coil

2 Likes

that helps thanks

2 Likes

im going to have to try a steam crave now too 225 on flavors yesterday 260 on mods for christmas my whole family vapes i still got tiill monday

3 Likes

Best price I found was around 25.00

1 Like

from where

1 Like
3 Likes

Plus 30% off!

3 Likes

i’ll check it out thanks

2 Likes

You want the easy way to find good deals, when you know what your looking for?

1 Like

https://www.vapecrawler.com/results/Steam%20crave%20supreme
Just go here and punch in what your looking for!

5 Likes

I use this all the time, great site, gives a good base for most things at most places, find the lower ones there and you know when you see a good deal elsewere.

5 Likes

I prefer 80-85% VG in my mixes. VG is smoother and tastes much better than PG. Just put a drop of PG on you finger and taste it. Yuck! VG is also sweeter than PG so it allows me to use less sweetener resulting in longer coil life. I have tried mixes as low as 60 VG and the flavor is no stronger than higher VG but the PG overpowered everything. Oh, did I mention that PG tastes nasty.

5 Likes