Flavor Concentrates

Hey Guys , and Gals,
So I got a good flavor stash and am asking , What flavor concentrates should I have the most of ??? This might be a dumb question , but I am VERY new to this. I will look around and see if there is something in the forum that answers this but thank you and have a great mixin’ day !!!

4 Likes

Simple question, simple answer: the ones you use most :smiley:
It takes a little while to find out but over time you learn the trends. If you like custards (for example), you’re going to use more and you could buy yourself larger bottles of that.
Use some super concentrates that you don’t use a lot of… stick to the 10ml bottles and just order when you’re running low.

9 Likes

Yep, What he said. (@anon28032772)

4 Likes

I started with 10ml bottles for everything.
Then I upgraded some to 30ml bottles… and a few of those I’ve upgraded now to 100ml.
I also did a 100ml purchase of a flavor that had great reviews and I was waiting for it for ages to get my hands on… turned out I didn’t like it all that much so now I’m stuck with it, wishing I had started with a 10ml tester. Over-excitement when ordering is a really bad thing.
I hope that makes more sense :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@King_Blizzy Sweet strawberry ripe strawberry Bavarian cream
ice cream liquid Barn
That’s four you would use a lot of

2 Likes

Yeah @King_Blizzy, basically what @anon28032772 just said (@Dan_the_Man beat me to it :smile:). Mix up loads of “testers”, experiment with profiles and eventually you’ll be able to decide where to go. Your taste buds will let you know in that regard :yum:. That’s why some people gravitate to bakery or fruits or tobaccos or whatever. It all boils down to what you like mate. As other more learned members than myself say from time to time, you should mix and vape what makes YOU happy. It’s a learning curve for sure and it does indeed take some time. Unless of course you’re naturally gifted and take to it like a fish to water (I’m looking at you @marsh8 :muscle:) Best of luck and as someone mentioned the other night (I think), there’s no dumb questions, just ones that are not asked. Cheers bro’…

5 Likes

@anon28032772 gave very good advice, lots of 10ml that’s how I started as well, it worked for me. Mainly 10ml, a few 30ml and almost no 100ml, I still have almost untouched bottles that I purchased early on.
Learn what you like, but even then your tastes will change and develop over time.
I made the mistake a few times in bulking up on a concentrate and then finding something else I liked better and not using it anymore.

@Dardy very kind words my friend! :flushed: It does work with my little brain. :rofl:

5 Likes

LB VIC a barrel of that , FLV lemonade a gallon shld be good , a litre of FLV pink Guava …just kidding lol @anon28032772 summed it up pretty well

7 Likes

@King_Blizzy @anon28032772 post above is DEAD ON. TRY small, then BUY big once you have a keeper.

5 Likes

I listened to that too much… thought it was a real disappointment. Maybe my expectations were too high, maybe it’s my taste buds but I’m not a fan. Got a 30ml (because it was cheap) and it’ll probably sit there for a long time :frowning:
I’d still start with 10ml bottles for everything, taste is too subjective. 10ml makes more than enough liquid to make an informed decision and not lose money.

9 Likes

and that goes for your testing too… All you need are samples to find out what you like…
then the real work of working solos happens… start low to high and keep your notes… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Same experience here.
One I’ve had with a LOT of the “so called” must have flavors: TFA strawberry ripe, Cap sweet strawberry, TFA vbic (aka “pepper flavor”), and others.

@King_Blizzy
Now I fully recognize that a lot of folks still appreciate some or all of these. But it just goes to show… If you don’t single flavor test, it will take even longer to get to recipes that work for you, than if you don’t.

5 Likes

I love it , ive used it b4 it was the Ice Cream flavor to have since it came with my DIY kit in late 2015…let me ask this , what is your go to VIC mix ??? Bc if you can lead me another direction thats better im all for it :grin:

Note : although I do like all of those flaves it was meant to be funny lol

Btw im not arguing im truly curious

5 Likes

I’m still looking for a good vanilla ice cream to be honest. So far I’m happiest with FW and CAP’s VBICs but I keep looking for a better one because there just must be a better one. They’re lacking something, I can’t put my finger on it.

For the moment I’ve given up on it a bit and focusing more on other flavors but one day I’ll get back to it, keep chasing rabbits in their tiny little holes.

6 Likes

This is so true I usually add another cream and or vanilla…

5 Likes

After many moons I have recently found an awesome peach flavoring: Hangsen Juicy Peach may be the best authentic fruit flavor I have ever tried. I am not really into peaches but have played around making peaches and cream recipes for five years. I was a couple bucks short for free shipping a while back and figured I would give Hangsen a try. At just 2% with .5% sucralose the stuff is really nice. I realize it is a Chinese flavoring company but the juicy peach is legit!

5 Likes

@HVPGH I did not know that. I don’t think I even have any Hangsen flavors, but DO go through some 16 oz. bottles of TPA Juicy Peach. I may have to try that one.

2 Likes

Pick up their blueberry while you’re at it :wink:
Their pineapple is pretty good too.

4 Likes

I, like you, like my LB VIC but I find it is a little incomplete I usually mix LB VIC at 3% and add .5% French Vanilla Ice Cream - Hangsen for an more complete ice cream flavour

9 Likes

Where do we get Hangsen from down here

3 Likes