Flavor Concentrates

Thanks for the tip. I may give that a try, maybe I’ll still get some use out of my LB VIC

@marsh8 Try Nicotine River… think it’s called the river company or something like that now

4 Likes

Nic river if you are buying other stuff. But local you can grab a smaller bottle at thesteamery

8 Likes

What other hangsen do I need🤣 How much is shipping from Nic river

4 Likes

Most would say Italian Cream…

NR is now River Supply Co

6 Likes

I like their blueberry and pineapple a lot, both are excellent flavors. Besides the French Vanilla, I’d get the Italian Cream as well.

6 Likes

I don’t have too many of them but Italian cream, Aust Milk Choc are in my stash. I am sure there are others but I just haven’t bought many so far. River Supply is not bad on post compared with many others but any shipping out of the US to Au is expensive

7 Likes

Thanks @Sprkslfly, @anon28032772 and @woftam ordered all of them you all spoke about on an ordering frenzy atm only 2nd of the day🤣

8 Likes

I don’t like their tobaccos very much. They all seem to have an off flavor I can hardly describe but the creams and fruits I’ve tried are actually underrated.
So please do let us know what you think of them.
Personally I think their blueberry and pineapple are among the best I’ve had from any brand yet. Just like any other brand, it’s impossible to cover every spectrum of a flavor (realistic, candy, jammy, roasted, …) but they’re very versatile flavors that are really enjoyable.

5 Likes

Wow, A Lot of Response. Thank You for All the Input. For some reason, I thought there might be some set type of concentrates that were always needed.
I know there is some flavor “additives”, Like ethyl maltal, wizard smooth, Ect… these are not needed when starting out ???

3 Likes

I’ve been searching for both of these, all the blueberries and pineapples I’ve tried I haven’t been quite satisfied. I’ll let you know how these go for me. :+1:

4 Likes

Especially as a beginner, you should stay clear of additives. Do as much single flavor testing as possible to get to know your flavors and their working range.
If you’re going to involve additives, it will affect your flavors and you’ll make it yourself a lot more difficult to grasp the amount of flavor data your mind has to process.

Once you get the hang of it and you know how much or how little of a concentrate can have an effect on your juice, you could start with additives… but chances are, by that time you won’t need any because you’ll know what flavor to use for what purpose.
Sucralose may be the only exception, as it’s probably useful for beginning mixers to get some flavor experience. Sucralose is to e-liquids what salt (and sugar) is to food. It’s a big flavor maker. The other additives are more to really fine tune a recipe but as long as you don’t get the basis dialed in, fine tuning makes absolutely no sense.
Watch out with Ethyl Maltol / Maltol, Vanillin and some others… a lot of concentrates already contain these ingredients and adding to your recipe will only mute your flavors.

Edit: Sucralose does carry some warnings (check the flavor pages for super sweet for example). An alternative may be Stevia or Sweetness (FLV). Anyway, beside sweeteners, I wouldn’t advise you to use too many additives just yet.

5 Likes

You may still need to mix some together to find your holy grail, but these will definitely fit in a few good recipes :wink:

4 Likes

Did someone say you didn’t need sweetener… the horror … As a diabetic I want all the fake sugar I can get because I can’t eat sweets in real life. So yeah that may just be me

8 Likes

Good point

2 Likes

Yes, I bought it from Nicotine River. Thanks for the pineapple and blueberry tip too (btw-I like FW Blueberry a lot) - Haven’t had an authentic pineapple though, I bet Hangsen is good! -One thing about pineapple since I am spoiled because I grow them - Nothing can match a home grown Florida ripened one IMO - the flavor and sweetness is like amazing x 1000!

7 Likes

FW Blueberry is one of my favorites too :slight_smile: Hangsen is different, but just as good.
Gotta love that fresh fruit though, don’t get enough of it myself. Not so much a fan of our regular fruits but I love tropical fruits… just can’t get it fresh here. It’s so different having it when it’s ripe from the garden or ripened during transport to the shop.

3 Likes

River Supply (AKA - Nicotine River ) has great pricing on nicotine, PG & VG as well as a great selection of flavor concentrates (unmatched customer service too!) and they have free shipping on domestic orders over $50. I have nothing but praise for them and the way they have treated me. They carry some of the Hangsen flavors mentioned here. (VG with free shipping is a tough find because of its weight)

4 Likes

Going by Hangsen’s peach flavor, my guess their Blueberry is brighter than FW’s …something about their fruits just seems very fresh and authentic.

2 Likes

I tend to agree, especially when you are new to DIY and coming off store-bought juices a little sweetener will definitely help in the transition. I personally don’t like really sweet juices but the friends I also mix for are a different story. I have slowly weaned them off really sweet to just sweet, usually just 0.50% super sweet and maybe a marshmallow or meringue.

@King_Blizzy don’t know if you did already but what are your favorite flavors? Are you a bakery/dessert vaper or are fruit’s more your thing?

You can see what flavors are used the most in recipes as a starter:

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors?sort=num_recipes&direction=desc

Keep in mind that a lot of those flavors are still used a lot like Capella Vanilla Custard and what not but some are used a lot less now. There is a mountain of flavors out there but let us know what you like and we can help out a little more.

4 Likes

@HVPGH now your making me jealous I love warm weather here in England wet cold

3 Likes