Flavor Factor Revisted

That is a good thread… Reading about the adventures in the mechanical mod world. I never really experienced it so it was very interesting reading for me. I’m just curious as to how you feel about VV/VW mods after a few months into VV/VW world and do you want to or can you back mech mod only. Now TC is on the horizon and maybe you speak about that too.

Having used a Sig 150 for a while now, my thoughts on this topic have changed somewhat. I still use a mech mod on a daily basis at work, but I find myself changing out the battery quite often to keep my voltage on the high end of things.

After using a VW mod, it has spoiled me in the way of being able to keep the flavor of my vape consistent (it can be boring though). With a mech mod, you either change the battery out often to keep the flavor the same or you enjoy/cope with the flavor(s) you get while your battery wains in power. I’m not a purist when it comes to flavor; burnt is the only thing I won’t abide.

TC mods, IMHO, are for folks that mainly use dripping atomizers and folks that don’t want to ever experience a dry hit again as long as they live! There is something to be said for that! My wife uses RDA’s most of the time; this is why I will be buying her a TC mod very soon. As for me, I use tanks most of the time, so my cotton stays wet 100% of the time; TC mods will not benefit me that much I don’t think.

2 Likes

…unless I start using ni200 or titanium wire.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. At a later date I’m going to do a review on TC. I myself thought is was strictly to avoid dry hits… but to my surprise it’s a hell of a lot more to it. Maybe when @Ken_O_Where returns we can hear his views too.

1 Like

I honestly never really had a really bad dry hit till I started fiddling with TC!! That being said im a tank guy so when wicked properly you never should get dry ones . Now that I’ve experienced proper usage of temp control it really does shine whether it be tank or dripper. Being able to taste your juices at different temps really can make or break a vape ! BUT!!! If it’s not working proper it can be the cause of the nastiest dry hits of your life .

1 Like

Keeping my fingers crossed that Sigelei has done their homework!

Come to find out with tc, it’s the build and setting up your device properly has been the key for me. Brand doesn’t seem to matter. TC devices like thing simple to function properly. If you get right balance of power vs temp, then its vape heaven. Most people try to avoid low ohm builds usually because of the heat and excess vapor. But with tc it shines in low ohms because you have the ability to make a .05 ohm coil vape an old ego tank… if that’s your preference. IMO TC has tamed the vape experience.

1 Like

Can’t wait to give it a go!

Well, i love my little Dovpo. It is a great little device but i have not put down the mechs. At first i used it constantly and i still do use it often but mostly with my Subtanks. I dont think i will ever put down my mechs for the reasons @Jimk mentioned. I like the range of flavor differences as i vape, without fiddling with buttons.

At the same time i absolutely love being able to set my wattage for my tanks, i vape them right at the edge of their limits, just a little more power and OUCH.

2 Likes

I still take my mech mod to the theatre ‘cause I can drop it from 20’ and know it will still work when I pick it up! Don’t think you could say that about any box mod on the market.

2 Likes