flavor in the calculator

Why is all the flavors that I mix according to the recipes by far lack of flavor with PG rich mixes. I’m trying to mix with blu ice to compete with Vuse blueberry ice and it not compare closely to the original. im smoking MTL but everything I mix according to the calculator hav
e a lack of flavor with different devices?

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Danie0502. As is often the case, the MORE information you can give us, the better. Can you link is directly to the recipe so we can see it ?

6 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

3 Likes

That’s a problem most people have switching from commercial to DIY.
Commercial juices are full of sweeteners. I don’t know how much flavour they put in their devices either.
I’ve never used commercial juice. Cloning one is a PITA.
You could post your recipe here. Be specific in what you’ve put in. Maybe someone can give you some better advice.

4 Likes

Practically impossible, unless we know the recipe, at that point we know what flavours or additives have been used, but even a different PG or VG could change the taste.
What we are best at is simply cloning the PROFILE, that is a great game and we “usually” make it even better!!!

Lack of flavor is lack of percentages on different devices (or totally wrong flavors) but you’re talking of a disposable where percentages or sweeteners don’t usually matter (even if the coil gunks who cares, you’ll be throwing it anyway)
BLueberry ice… which ice? ice or menthol? Two different routes, ICE WS23, Menthol either crystals or Artic Winter/Polar Blast or simply WS3 (Koolada)
Blueberries, to replicate a US disposable,I’d personally go for extracted or SCs which means VSOs/MF or FLVs, (EU I’d go for the above or Chemnovatic/SSA or any polish lab) Chinese (Hangsen or Reka or Malaysian labs)
If your recipe had TPA’s (fairly good BTW) it could have been “bland” if compared to a disposable, but if pushed too high, you have a high risk of going floral or musky, you’ll have to search your blueberry bearing in mind that you’ll never be able to clone it 1:1.
Sweetener… my go to would be Super Sweet for its Citric acid content, if you use Sucralose you’d have to add Citric in a blueberry it’s a must, IMHO.
Welcome to ELR @Danie0502

5 Likes

The Blu Ice is a single concentrate from FW. My mixture is Blu Ice, 70%PG/30%VG and Gold Nic Salts.
The Ice part from what I can see is similar to Koolada.
The calculator give me Nicotine 3ml, PG 16.8ml, VG 9ml and Blu Ice 1.2ml.

3 Likes

(FW) Flavor West

3 Likes

I added the SS otherwise the recipe would remain private. Also used the stock percentages the calculator advised…

Blu Ice : Check cookies

4.00% Blue Ice (FW)
0.50% Super Sweet (CAP)

Flavor total: 4.5%
Remember to rate it at: Check cookies

2 Likes

Nice @D.Sims though at 4% FW Blue Ice is just gonna be a menthol icy vape with very little blueberry flavor. When I tested FW Blue Ice it was simply a koolada type profile with very little blueberry flavor. For a small pod type or mtl type of unit I’d suggest 4% Blue Ice to cover the icy vape and back that up with 8-10% FW Blueberry, 4% FW Sweet Blueberry and perhaps a touch 1-1.5 of lemon or lemonade to help the blueberry pop. The icy feel of the koolada from Blue Ice will smother some of the blueberry flavor though it should still be flavorful. And at min 1% super sweet. Most FW concentrates can be taken quite high without getting weird. Get the recipe up over the 20% total, and it should start to taste more like a full flavored disposable vape.

6 Likes

Thanks. I will put my order in for some concentrates and will let you know how it came out.

4 Likes