Flavor stash question

And of course what wire and cotton your using, or what coil/tank set up at a particular Wattage or voltage

Any pina colada I’ve tried taste like pineapple sweet tarts, maybe try looking for really sweet recipes. Everyone has a preference I’ve never been able to do too many fruit vapes for long that don’t have the dessert aspect too. To each their own of course, recipes might just not be ‘for you’ the challenges become part of the hobby, easy is boring

1 Like

Olson, this may be too obvious but hey, if I don’t ask it’s a base left uncovered. By any chance is what you’re vaping from new, such as a new tank or RDA? I only ask because I’m wondering if you’re tasting machine oil. This is a big problem with a lot of Chinese manufacturers. I’m not trying to suggest you don’t know this or haven’t thought of it, I just didn’t see it mentioned and wondered.

1 Like

I will be doing that tonight! Thank you!

I have a tobeco velocity clone. That could be it considering i got the RDA about a month ago! But when i use my pina colada in the RDA it tastes awesome. I’m not really sure though. When I got the RDA it was completely dry on the inside

I am using 28G kanthal with some actual vaping cotton, I bought both from the shop about an hour away from me.
The RDA i’m using is a velocity clone made by tobeco

I understand the whole steeping concept but for how the flavors taste now I couldnt imagine it changing the flavor 100%. I will be making a batch of PG/VG and also a 10 ml batch of PG/VG/NIC tonight just to see if I taste the same thing. Would single flavors taste good? Like the capella sweet strawberry if I put in lets say 10% do you think it would taste like strawberrys or would I have to mix it with something else?

1 Like

I will be making a 10 ml batch of pg and vg and also another 10ml batch of PG, VG, and NIC. Hopefully I will find the culprit. The juices I got before seemed more watered down so that leads me to believe that it had a higher PG content than the liquids I have been making.
I will not give up but I just really hope I can find a flavor that I actually enjoy!

1 Like

Trace amounts of machine oil are often present but impossible to see. Take out your cotton. No need to remove the build i don’t think. Put some liquid dish soap on it and if you have a tooth brush that works great. Gently scrub the soap all around the RDA inside the cap, deck, air holes, wherever you can. Take Rinse thoroughly under the hottest water you can stand, taking special care to remove any soap from the coils. Once dry you should be rid of any machine oil.

2 Likes

Hopefully it will taste good. I usually start with 5% then 7 or 8 then 10%. 5% seems to be pretty good to get an idea of the flavor

1 Like

Alright well I cleaned it with soap and also a toothbrush but sadly there was no change in the taste. I guess I will post more about this topic when I let the liquids steep for a couple of weeks. Thank you very much for your help and very good explanation on how to properly clean them.

I will be trying that. This learn and curve is getting to be quite expensive haha. Have over 300 ml’s of liquid in which I do not enjoy… Atleast I have the labeling thing down. I write down the flavors, MG,ML, VG/PG ratio and the date in which I created them. I’m pretty good at doing that!

1 Like

When making Custard-Cream/fruit blends using TPA flavorings, a fairly good rule of thumb for making a decent mix is to have these ratios- of course it more of a newb type guideline but it helped me when I first started

Custard - 5-8%
Cream 4-7%
Fruit 6-8%

If you fall within these percentages you should make some good mixes. ‘’

I prefer TPA Custard (when I use it) in small quantities as a more eggy flavor to accompany other custards.

3 Likes

I will keep that in mind but when i vape the flavors I make I cannot distinguish any flavors sadly. Thank you.

1 Like

Has anyone made menthol liquid? I still use 18mg menthol in my ego style tank and am trying to figure out how to make a specifically menthol tasting flavor

Must be something wrong… the Bust-A-Nut you should surely be able to shake-n-vape and enjoy.
It is GREAT after 3 days steep, but should still taste good after mixing. Hmmmm

What Nic did you purchase, exactly?

Is it all VG ?
Is it 100mg ??

If it IS all VG, you may be getting ‘hot spots’

When you say it tastes ‘bad’, do you mean ‘peppery’ by chance?

It doesn’t taste like pepper, no. I use 48 mg nic 100%VG.
my Istick 50w just took a turn for the worst and won’t turn on even when plugged in.Ahh shucks
I would just say they all have a bad after taste especially on the exhale.

I am a nooby and really know nothing, I have a few of those recipes steeping as well, the best flavoured one I made is the strawberry one and tastes mild but good on shake n vape, after one day it tastes great and strong

so therefore I dont think its the recipes thats at fault.I (though being a noob dont know for sure) would jump to the obvious and suggest it may be due to your istick failing that your istick was possible cooking your coil and or ejuice giving a burnt after taste. maybe someone with more experience could elaborate…

then again, i could be talking crap, but it may be something worth looking at or trying other equipment to eliminate it as a possible cause.

1 Like

At what % are you mixing for your dripper? High nic in a dripper can be pretty awful tasting. The highest nic level I dare drip at is 6%. Prefer 3 or 4% if I do a mix specifically for dripping. All of my test batches are made at 6% and I mostly mix them for some short dripping test sessions and if they are worth keeping, into a tank they go for daily vaping.

Sorry, bit of a pet peeve here :smiley: I’m sure you mean mg and not % :smile: 6% nicotine is 60 mg/ml…

2 Likes

Yes, my bad. .3% or .4%. It was past my bedtime when I posted that. :wink: