Flavor Substitution Thread

It’s probably just second nature to some of these ppl. Unfortunately not this guy… YET!

4 Likes

People say it is like fine cooking, so chef’s would rule on this thread, but unfortunately, that isn’t me.

4 Likes

I WISH!!! I bought my first flavor concentrate in like 2019. By the time I heard it was a must have, it was too late. :frowning:

5 Likes

I can send you a small sample. Please take a look at my flavor stash and see what else you might want.

4 Likes

Same. They’ll come along. Amazing mixing minds all around us!! Idk why this is reminding me of Field Of Dreams all a sudden…

field-of-dreams-if-you-build-it_orig

4 Likes

I couldn’t. THANK YOU for offering, but I can’t. I’ll tell you what tho… Let’s mix up a couple 60mls and we can swap those- and compare! I’d be down for that.

3 Likes

Hey I saw that you are looking for RF Taffy base here’s a link to find it. Taffy Base Extract by Real Flavors

7 Likes

Also to me a good sub for Holy Vanilla is Vanilla Overload from Gremberry Farms. It’s not as good as Holy Vanilla V1 but it works. I know that Folkart has been working on a remix of Holy Vanilla V1 and that he thinks it requires OOO Vanilla Custard Cheesecake and a really bright vanilla like Vape Train Vanilla Classic. I don’t have any of the original or I’d try to work on a clone.

8 Likes

@McDuckie whats up?? Welcome to the forum , great to see you pop in

7 Likes

What’s up Fidalgo. I’ve been sort of busy with work just getting back to working on some recipes.

7 Likes

I don’t know you yet, but WELCOME @McDuckie !! :metal:

6 Likes

Off the top of my head:
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) → Vanilla Ice Cream (Liquid Barn)
Custard Premium (FA) → Vanilla Custard II (TPA)
Blueberry Extra (TPA) → Blueberry (FW)
Yellow Cake (FW) → Yellow Cake (Flavor Jungle)

7 Likes

Yes, but, ONLY the gallon is available. That is why I am asking for a good sub for it because I sure as heck am NOT going to pay $300+ dollars for it. I love DIYCanada for their (SC) (Real Flavors) line, but due to the cost, it is out for me. I do have the 3ml Taffy Base, lol, that was all that was left at the time. I wish they would break down their gallon bottle.

3 Likes

Thank you! I have the Vanilla Overload, OOO Vanilla Custard Cheesecake and Vape Train Vanilla Classic, but I wouldn’t know what %'s to mix it up at to try to replicate HV.

4 Likes

Perfect!!! Thank you for your generous contribution Kind Sir!

2 Likes

Sorry about that I didn’t realize that they only had the gallon.

2 Likes

I know, I wonder why they don’t break the gallon down? It is so frustrating.

1 Like

I have no clue either. Anytime a recipe calls for HV I just sub with Vanilla overload. That seems to work fairly well.

4 Likes

I’d have to look at my notes, but I can’t remember if I subbed Holy R or Vanilla O as a sub for HV for when I mixed Yellow Matter.

2 Likes

Thank you I’ve been mixing for awhile just lurking in the shadows. Lol

4 Likes