Flavor Substitution Thread

This was a heavy and dark vanilla, one of my favorites. What would i sub for it? There is no direct sub, not even its replacements. With that said i would sub Vanilla MF at half the % of Holy Van. Its not as dark but it has worked in all the mixes ive subbed it in. Vanilla Dark, MF might be a better solution but i dont have it nor have a tried it, just a guess based on the original Vanilla MF. Best route might be a combination, maybe Van Overload by Rich over at the gremlin shop and Vanilla MF.

Some of the early flavor companies we used can be subbed 1:1, some FW and TPA and CAP flavors can be easily 1:1, it gets a bit more difficult when you get to newer flavors made for or with the vaping industry in mind.

@D.Sims i hit the pot shop today, you can pick my brain but be warned, ive got no idea what will come out of it, lol.

I do have a bottle of Holy Van V1, it has been stored in glass for years with very little headspace in the bottle so it should be pristine still. Reckon i could break it out and do some comparisons and the like. I really need to stop mixing for a bit as i have been going a bit mixing crazy lately so this will make a good distraction.

6 Likes

Yeah, that one there is a direct % sub too. So good.

5 Likes

Your posts just cracks me up everytime and no, I am not stoned.

3 Likes

So MF makes both dark and reg vanilla?

4 Likes

I heard there was a VT Coffee Liqueur outage…

Actually, I haven’t touched VT since I’ve had this

3 Likes

Why not? (Stupid 10 character minimum)

2 Likes

Are you saying the Flavor Artist Coffee Liqueur is better than the VTA Coffee Liqueur? If so, @Rocky02852 we might have a solution for you!

1 Like

Nothing wrong with VT, I just like FAR slightly better in the profiles I’ve been using coffee liqueur in

3 Likes

It can take some time for this to warm up @KC111. Let it run for a while and see what happens.

6 Likes

Haven’t you figured out yet that I have ZERO patience for every else in life yet? Including all the things we bitch about that is wrong with everything.

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR @McDuckie. I’d be curious to see what Folkart comes up with . Did he ever finish that, or ??

4 Likes

I will let @Rocky02852 know because I have a FAR store right down the road from me along with an EC Blends store.

3 Likes

@KC111

5 Likes

Awesome, but I remember contacting Flavour World once and they said they didn’t ship to the US and as far as the Wizard Vapes, it looks like it is the non SC and DIYCanada also has the non SC version still available.

3 Likes

I’ll try and get through the queue @KC111 and see how VO smells compared to HV.

6 Likes

It seems they do, and i must have them!

So i grabbed Holy Van and put a tiny bit on a piece of cotton, something really dark like a molasses or brown sugar in Van MF might just pull it off, at least something closer. I swear i smell something like that in this but then again if you were to ask me about it in a hour id have no idea what you were even talking about…

Smell both Van MF and HV side by side, i see why i went through so many bottle of Van MF and didnt use the HV, while HV was a nice flavor, i just prefer the way Van MF smells.

Not being a flavor snob but it is kind of hard to use other flavors when you have MF on hand.

7 Likes

I think he has something in mind, he did mention to me that Flavor Jungle doesn’t carry OOO Vanilla Custard Cheesecake so it would be difficult to do a one shot though Flavor Jungle. If I worked at Flavor Jungle I’d contact OOO for a 55gallon drum of Vanilla Custard Cheesecake, because if Folkart could create it they would sell the heck out of a remixed Holy Vanilla one shot.

7 Likes

Makes me think of FLV smooth Vanilla…FLV isdark when comparing to MF

4 Likes

Dsrk , Light, Original And French Vanilla

5 Likes

@McDuckie is a good mixer and has been around for a bit …Good people imo

4 Likes