Flavor Testing in Drippers

Continuing the discussion from Taste Testing Your DIY Eliquid:

I’m a firm believer that one should test flavors just as they normally vape them. If your primary vaping device is a tank, then why test in a dripper? It’s a fact that drippers, (in most cases) deliver more flavor and vapor than most tanks. I’ve got many false positive when testing in drippers… only to find a whole different flavor when I load it in my tanks. So I dropped testing in a dripper.

I’m just curious if I’m the only one that has experienced this.

3 Likes

No not really. Ive always use a tank for my flavor testing. Yes i agree you do get different flavors out of dripper. But i like to test in tanks.
I love my drippers,but ive found my self using sub tanks more lately sense they came so far with the industry

2 Likes

My latest experience is with a juice that wasn’t my own creation… Rhodonite by [ ENYAWREKLAW ]. It’s been proven to be a great mix by the comments I have read. I made this back in Aug '15. IMO it sucks in tanks (no flavor), but it’s great in a dripper.

1 Like

If I’m testing several it’s hard to beat the dripper, but I agree about ultimately testing with what you plan to use most.

1 Like

That was my reason for using a dripper in the beginning. One thing I noticed is I don’t get a real feel for my mixes after a few tokes. I usually vape a one tank minimum to get a good feel for a mix. Steeping takes a while IMO. So I think testing takes time too. Sometimes when I rush through testing I find my 1st impression is not a true test of the final mix.

I must admit, my taste sensors aren’t very sensitive and I need more flavoring then your average vaper. So speed testing isn’t a option for me.

I still test in drippers , but I found out as you that sometimes it doesn’t work.I found this recipe and thought that I would try it.I have yet to find a flavor that I like in a dripper but not in a tank.That would be a pain to have to test everything in a tank.I know we need slightly more added flavor for a tank but I have never seen it to this degree before.

Geography - French Quarter clone

Ingredient %
Biscuit (INAWERA) 0.75
Joy (FA) 2
Meringue (FA) 2
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 5

Flavor total: 9.75%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

I tested on a dripper and loved it! I made 60ml and filled up my tank to meh! The flavor was lacking now.I first tried the lemon water to cleanse my palate , no change. I thought next perhaps Joy at that level will mute flavors quickly like EM? I tried in my dripper again and the flavor was back.Then I went back and “adapted” his recipe to a higher flavor percentage for me.

2 Likes