Flavor West (and Mt Baker Vapor) Reviews

Vape Wizard can help with the sharp edges - Another possibility is to gently cut down flavors and let it steep a bit longer… :smile: Or use a neutral tobacco base (like I used the American Red from DV)…

2 Likes

Another thing to try is add a drop or two of menthol to your mix. Not enough to taste it but it will sometimes blend and smooth harsh flavors.

2 Likes

Flavor West Vanilla Custard:
Is it just me, or is there a lemon note I’m picking up in this custard? Can’t say I like it, whatever it is.

Note: Might start this in a new topic since this thread has Mt. Baker all over it.

I have FWs Vanilla Custard and I can’t say I ever noticed a lemon note. Are we talking vaping it or smelling the bottle? I will admit it has been quite a while since I tasted this flavor so I am going by memory. If your talking smell of the bottle and flavor I have it and can go check it out. I will honestly say, though I like most FW flavors, but I’m not into the Vanilla Custard flavors, even if it is from FW. Just don’t care for the spiciness. I prefer the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream from FW and I like TFA French Vanilla Cream. These 2 flavors are my go to for Vanilla Flavor.

1 Like

Anyone tried Butter Cream? I am interested as it is my favorite frosting but i am not very fond of FW flavors, they usually require to high of %'s.

1 Like

No reviews on FW website but this is interesting…

Butter Cream Water Soluble Flavoring. Ingredients: Natural and/or
Artificial Flavoring, Propylene Glycol and Alcohol. USP Kosher Grade
Flavoring. Usage Rate .25 to .50 All Flavoring Diacetyl Free! No Refunds
on Flavoring. Independently laboratory tested Diacetyl free.

Look at the usage rate…

2 Likes

Honestly i have no clue what that means, lol. Almost all their flavorings list 15%+.

1 Like

Wonder if that is a typo, you are seeing that is .25 to .50, correct?..

Found something for you, read on…

Butter Rum- In the bottle it smells identical to the butter rum
lifesavers they release during the holidays. Its sweet and buttery with
slight rum notes. From my experience a lot of FW flavors can be on the
light side so I tried it at 15% first. It is really weak, the taste is
good, its just very faint. Even at 20% this flavor is still really
light, I tried adding vanillin and a bit of butterscotch and that
definitely helped but the butter rum flavor just wasnt as prominent as I
was hoping it to be. In the end i made a pretty good butter rum coffee
cake, its just too light of a flavor to be used on its own.

Cookie butter- Im not sure what to think about this flavor, it smells
like molasses and brown sugar out of the bottle. Almost like a
gingerbread cookie without the ginger. I mixed a test batch up at 10%
and tried it on my dripper. Its extremely dry tasting, I didn’t like it
on its own at all. I tried it again with a little bit of vanilla
custard, and it still had this strange dry taste, almost like I ate a
spoonful of raw cinnamon. Really strange flavor, I never attempted
anything else with it, although I plan to use it as a crust for
cheesecake or something of that sort. I think it has potential I just
haven’t figured this one out yet!

Butter cream- This smells like butter and crayons out of the bottle,
its not a horrible smell but its not appetizing. I ended up making a
pretty decent butter cream pie, this flavor needs to steep for a few
days to get the waxy taste out in my opinion. All in all not a bad
flavor, can be used to make desserts tastes buttery.

There’s a review for you.

2 Likes

Interesting and thank you! So far i have been using LA Cream Cheese Frosting which i like a lot. But i love Butter Cream frosting on nearly any bakery item. I think it would compliment Cinnamon Roll nicely.

1 Like

You’re very welcome. Happy Blending!

2 Likes

Kinda smell it when I crack open the bottle and when I vape it. There’s nothing else in the mixes that come close to lemon, thus, the finger point to the custard. I’ll look further…

Ringling… It is very possible that your finding notes of lemon in custards. As a chef I have used lemon zest in many custards to bring flavors out and add a touch of acidity to the final product. I would say whoever developed the recipe would have had to have professional training in order to know to do that.

3 Likes

Actually apparently Danny2 has confirmed lemon in the custard. I did take a wiff of my Vanilla Custard and I still could not place the smell as lemon but I did feel there was some kind of citrus tone to it. I think all the other spice tones were making the lemon seem more on the lines of grapefruit hints to me. I will say that I have allergies and on a clearer nose day it just might smell entirely different.

2 Likes

It’s not a terrible thing, the lemon note in the custard, but I just don’t care for that note in my tobacco mixes. I’ll probably use it in a beverage or cake type mix in the future, but at least I know now that FW vanilla custard does not play well with my tobacco flavors (for my taste buds anyway).

Jimk; You probably noticed I’m a FW fan, but, for what you’re doing I would highly recommend TFA French Vanilla Cream. None of those added spices, no citrus. Just some added creamy vanilla in your tobacco mix. Though I like FW so much I have to admit there are TFA flavors I just can not do without in my blending. French Vanilla Cream is one of them. Be aware they have French Vanilla and also French Vanilla Cream. The cream is the bomb in my opinion…

Oh, if you liked the spicyness of the custard you could always put a hair of Jamican Rum in the mix. After Steep the Jamican rum really adds to the blend…

2 Likes

Noted and on my next shopping list! Thanks for the heads up.

TFA has a realllyyy good butter cream!

3 Likes

Thank you, i somehow completely missed it while shopping last time. On the list it goes!

1 Like

Dang it! I just put in an order last night! Oh well…another list to begin!

2 Likes

I use MBV Cookies and cream. I put 1/2ml C&C and 1/4ml Hazelnut also from MBV and let it steep for 48 hours. Not a bad vape. It has a smooth flavor with just a hint of Hazelnut. I mix it with 50/50pg/vg at 9mg and I like it.