Flavor West

With coffees, most are real strong. Start at 1-2% then add what you like. Vanilla, Hazelnut, Caramel, Marshmallow, Good luck…

Also I edited the last post, hope you do not miss the PS

3 Likes

RGR the PS.

Yeah, I do not mind substituting, especially if I am pretty sure that the “strawberries” I have on hand are pretty much the best you can get. I really havent heard much about bad SBs, but some flavors being discribed as Cat piss, yeah, I am pretty sure I wont buy, and wont end up substituting with those bad flavors.

Could you look at my Flavor stash and tell me if you think I have made any mistakes, honestly, I trust your opinion, and if I need to either get a different version or type ,

I do know that I still need Koolada, other sweetners than cotton candy and custard, oh and a minty menthol, but any other suggestions you might have …

I really went for coffee to start, I opened up that Dark Bean Espresso, a suggestion from JoJo and Amy2, and I KNOW that it will be the base of my ADV, that is why a lot of my flavors are what I think will go with coffee.

******Vanilla, Hazelnut, Caramel, Marshmallow, Good luck… ******

All in my Flavor Stash already, along with Tiramissu, I may be wrong about, but I will see,

Will let you go, I can chat all day and I type about 80 WPM, so my post seem to go on and on … Sorry bout that. :smile:

3 Likes

Decide for yourself, but FlavorWest is the company which lied about their products containing chemicals carrying inhalation warnings (acetoin, diacetyl, etc.). Other companies are forthcoming about the content of their flavors, either revealing and advising about flavors containing those chemicals (TPA) or testing and excluding questionable products (FlavorArt).

My opinion is that most of FW is crap. All citrus flavours taste like aweful medicine, most of fruits are candy-like, etc. Some are good though, I do really like their strawberry, red licorice and banana flavours. But I rarely use them because you need 15-20% of them in the mix, this is insane and makes them pretty exprensive. I prefer using FA, TFA and Molinberry.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, and yeah I can and will decide for myself.

But first, so that I can make an intelligent and informed decision …

can you provide a link to where they denied it and lied about it ?

2 Likes

FW isn’t total crap but a lot are. You have to pick and choose with FW. Some flavors are the best you can find… but there are few of them. TPA is by far the most popular, but they have some crap flavors too. By far FA has the best flavors. In my opinion better flavorings add up to better eliquid. Seek out several opinions and make informed choices. Maybe you won’t end up up with as many crap flavorings as me.

Here’s a thread I found on ECF on Flavor West. Sometimes it pays venture out for more opinions.

Flavor West Review on ECF

Here is a list of flavors by popularity on ELR. You can judge for yourself. The FA should rank higher. Any FW you see on this list should be pretty good.

2 Likes

I don’t know what has happen because back when I first started using FW approximately 1 1/2 years ago they had a complete list of the flavoring ingredients. They had no problem then telling people their flavoring contained Acetoin. In fact they reported to all that nearly all flavoring had at least trace amounts of Acetoin. That is far from saying that their flavors do not contain Acetoin. I am guessing that there have been mistakes possibly but I truly feel that they lied is a Overstatement. Putting a glorified office worker on the spot who is not a chemist will produce nothing but mistakes…

5 Likes

Thank you heaps this has really helped me :blush:

1 Like

Regarding documentation of misleading and false statements by FW, I really didn’t intend to crash the party without facts to back it up. I’ll do my best to post back with links.

As far as FW being crap, quite the contrary in the case of many of their flavors. I don’t think any company can beat their Butter Pecan, f’rinstance. Nature’s Flavors comes close, but diacetyl and subs make flavors taste really good! That’s why they’re in there and were so in other brands until it was discovered that, despite being generally considered safe for food items, they weren’t recommended to inhale. Popcorn, Kahlua & Cream, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Caramel Candy, Whipped Cream, Marshmallow, Butterscotch, Peanut Butter and many other FW flavors contain these additives. Ues, decode for your self. There are alternatives which have been developed to ring your taste bud bells without the bad chems. The majority of FW flavors aren’t crap from a taste standpoint.

3 Likes

I would be very happy to know what these alternatives are because any alternative that I have been made aware of has been thought to be just as bad or possibly even worst…

2 Likes

I think for my purposes it has been hit or miss and just maybe I am the one making the " misses " FW for the most part offers very good flavors for a very good price. The % is on the higher end and so most ppl would think we’ll you’ll use twice as much leading you to buy again sooner but that hasn’t been the case with me anyhow ( I try and keep stocked up w/ a multiple of flavors that way I don’t rely heavily on one source )

FW has been surprisingly good with its fruit and creams. But the ratio is very wavering like a strawberry may be great at 4-6% then passion fruit 1-3% so do know it will be a little bit of a challenge finding the perfect ratio for each one. Although this is with every vendor really Bc even though there is a suggested ratio for each vendor the important part is if it taste good to you.

3 Likes

Yes, agreed. People are under the impression that all FW flavors are weak and require tons of flavor in the mix. They obviously have not tried any of the Natural Fruit line. For instance the Raspberry Natural I can not use any more than 4% in a mix. If you use FW, practice makes perfect for sure…

7 Likes

It would be a sad day at our house if we ran out of FW butterscotch or sweet cream! My wife would cry and then I’d be in the doghouse for not making sure my supplies were up to snuff! If Momma’s happy, everybody is happy.

7 Likes

AMEN!!!

3 Likes

Thank you, am about to round out my flavor stock with 1 last purchase for this month, now I know where I will be getting my Butterscotch.

How about their blueberry, that is on my short list too, but had not decided on which vendor.

1 Like

We’ve tried them ALL and FW butterscotch wins hands down! It is the secret to a great “Deadly Sin” mix.

1 Like

With the Blueberry I prefer TFA Blueberry Wild or the Blueberry Extra. FWs seems more like a Blueberry Candy. Banana Cream from TFA. Cherry, no go no matter the company for me.

FW Strawberry, Cantelope, Blackberry Natural, Lemonade, Natural Mango, hazelnut, Peach, Pear to name a few.

FW Sweet cream is better than TFA, agreed. I prefer FW Bavarian Cream over both.

I say this sitting on my hands and biting my lip, Watermelon and Honeydew from Nicotine Labs

1 Like

Can anybody give their run down of preferred flavors or is there just one source. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I agree with Ringling about the blueberry. I prefer TPA Blueberry to FW. But, the Salted Caramel is a must have in my arsenal of flavors. I could see myself buying a LOT of this flavor. The only other FW I have is Kahlua and I am undecided on that one. I haven’t used it enough to decide whether or not I like it.

2 Likes

Yep it Requires trial and error sad but true. And tons of patients lol jk

3 Likes