Flavorah PreLaunch Samples 2

I got these today, Thanks to Brenden at Flavorah.

I’ve never tasted/smelled Elderflower or Yakima Hops. I’ll have to read up on these so I’ll know what to expect. Anybody with info about these flavors, please give me some tips.

Elderflower

8 Likes

I don’t have any thoughts for the Elder Flower but I am really hoping that the Yakima Hopps is some kind of Barley Malt, that would be awesome…

1 Like

Elder Flower I removed the top and gave it a sniff. This has a very faint smell to it. I rubbed a drop onto the back of hand and the scent came alive. It’s definitely a floral note, which I no experience with florals.

Yakima Hops Smells like beer.
Pralines A lovely nutty scent. Smell kinda strong… almost a walnut note.
Mango Yep, I’m getting Mango.
Macaroon Potent smell and taste on this one, with a good cookie note.

I’ll mix these up and post my thoughts in about a week.

8 Likes

Got mine today too. Same flavors. That Elderflower leaked all over though… gonna have to get with these next week, as my granddaughter is coming to visit for the weekend from Oklahoma, and I have to get ready!!! She’s started crawling! Yay!

7 Likes

Checked the mail when I got home this evening and hello, my FLV samples arrived, WTF, how did it get to NC so fast???

3 Likes

Seriously , how did it when they’re in Seattle & i’m about 3 hours south of them in Oregon…ho hum maybe they’ll be here tomorrow :frowning:

2 Likes

Yea, shipped out Wed evening and got here delivered in NC at noon Fri WTF??

3 Likes

They are? I had no clue :slight_smile: They are within about an hour from me.

Please keep us posted. That Pralines and Macaroon is intriguing to me!

3 Likes

Yes they’re in Woodinville, Wa probably even closer to you ! I’m now in Seaside , Oregon

2 Likes

We took the kid’s to Seaside 3 summers ago for vacation. Beautiful town!

3 Likes

I’m still getting used to how small it is lol. It is a beautiful town with a roaring beach you could not pay me $ to go swimming. Of course I am an Atlantic coast girl by heart I’d freeze to death first. I’m still wearing sweat pants and hoodies and it’s May but that’s life on the Pacific coast beats 90 degree days and 400.00 electric bills :wink:

5 Likes

That Pralines and Macaroon is intriguing to me! +1 here too.

2 Likes

We wish for 90 degrees here in the summer - I’d probably put on a sweater. Three years ago it was 121F. The average is about 115. Oh yeah…my AC hasn’t been working for about 5 years and I drive a lot. I get really cranky when I’m sweating in the shower. :rage:

5 Likes

and now the mystery of how you lost your marbles has been solved lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

LOL Probably right, but I still prefer to blame my ex-wife. It’s easy to blame her for global warming, California drought and ISIS.

5 Likes

wow…did you type that while looking over your shoulder? for your ex wife…not ISIS :joy:

4 Likes

How do you get free samples?

Where ever your at with 121F I need not go there lol …FL usually will have a handful of days > 100F but at least I had an AC when I lived there. Here in Oregon there is no central AC ( I took care of that and bought a portable one :slight_smile: ) but now that I’m coastal living I rarely need it mainly needed it when I lived in Seattle last year. It’s 55-59 F here most days and yes I’m wearing a sweater you’d probably love it.

3 Likes

We’re lucky to see 59 in the winter. I’m near Palm Springs where it’s all beach and no ocean. Originally I was raised in San Francisco where 60 is about the average summer temp LOL. Why oh why did I move to a place where you need oven mitts to drive a car???

2 Likes

Maybe that is when you lost your marbles ? !!! I can understand tho FL is the same way your car was like the surface of hell you’d have to vent it and basically wear mitts to touch the stirring wheel just craziness.

1 Like