Flavorah Tasting Notes

I know exactly what you are saying, Sd…

Can explain it all day, but for others to actually believe, the first thing is trying.
The second is to attempt to maintain. Both require patience and understanding.

Understanding your pallet is something that is awesome, considering the changes that your entire body goes thru as the days become weeks and months is astounding. When you can unlock what it is you hope to mix, and hit the spots in flavors that really bring a good mix together, then its not hard to fall for the line. It really does not take much, and I keep finding mixes that keep me occupied, chasing the flavors has really never hit a dull spot…

4 Likes

Well look, I’m not trying to give you MORE to do (or am I ??), but if you ever got around to it, ANYONE (or most anyone) mixing with Flavorah would be greatly served, by having a one post, one place, master list of reasonable (starting points) percentages. Hell, FLV might get more business from it !!!

The problem is NOT unique to just FLV, a LOT of flavors are used too high, but as you know @anon84779643 the danger/damage/destruction is FAR WORSE with ultras.

#MixLowOrGoHome

5 Likes

I know for a fact, this should be mixing 101, for beginners.

Testing your flavors from the lowest of the low, and then increasing the amounts, and with notes taken.

NO, not many want to do it, we live in an instant gratification society. It’d been proven even here in the forums, some refuse to do their own work and reply on well written notes, from others no less!

The experience of my stumbling around like I did… really made me rethink ALL of my older non flv recipes and yes I removed sooo many of those. I believe that limiting yourself, you have a much broader scope to work with.

What? By focusing on one manufacture at a time, getting to know that maker and how those flavors flow, and what it takes to make the best juice you can taste… will lead to more experiences later with other companies.

Let’s face it… most of these flavor companies weren’t around years back when I started… We had dime store food flavors, and wilson… lorann… I watched the first 100 flavors of tfa pop out… then came capella… point being… we all worked with 1 company back then… now days its more common for someone to say … i just want a starting point… rather than to take time to learn anything at all…

Gimmie gimmie :rofl:

4 Likes

Well SHOULD be, but I know it wasn’t for me, when I started. Started grabbing up flavors, and recipes, and started mixing on up. Only after well into it, did I start looking around more. Not sure if I was the norm or the exception.

3 Likes

Hehe, yeah, that WAS me, back in the waaaaay back. I admit it.

3 Likes

I can not say either… it took me 4 yrs and Flavorah to find it out. I thought I had a grasp when I met Baker’s Flavors… but apparently I did not learn my lesson until Flavorah. Even with jungle flavors… and those were good… but Flavorah… oh my!!!

Hard to believe I wiped all of my older recipes out, but I still have a small stash on one of my old hard drives. I was even low back then too… and I had some wacky ideas, and I hated to hear No Smoky… without knowing any kind of proof.

3 Likes

Check your messages Sd… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I did a thing :stuck_out_tongue:
Seriously, I just put together a Flavorah Rate of Use file… it’s up on site… FREE… if anyone wants to download and read thru. Yes I know my notes are before and after all of the info. It’s done that way so you can keep up with what I am doing, how I manage my solos, what my use rate is for the flavors, and the file is a finished up to date for the last x amount of years now…

If any issue downloading, let me know!

8 Likes

I got my copy! Thank you!

4 Likes

Good deal!! Hope it will help you out! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Seeing my site got swamped and there is an issue with folks outside of the USA grabbing my booklet… I went to mediafire and uploaded it there too…

https://www.mediafire.com/file/iatubivia0ksvez/Smoky's_Flavorah_Rate_of_Use.pdf/file

8 Likes

You rock!!

4 Likes

Thanks Natbone! I hope this will help everyone.
I am a sensitive taster, however I mix on the heavier side. :slight_smile:

If it will help others, I do not mind sharing this at all.
I wanted to be clear and simple, this is how I mix.

I know I repeated myself, but I felt it was better than having to scroll up again and again :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thanks Smoky.

3 Likes

Im up to 859 downloads on mediafire lol…
Sd you were right… this is a good thing!
I have been so happy today… really was worth the effort. :slight_smile:

so thank you too… :smiley: big hugs!! <3

4 Likes

:love_you_gesture: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Same to you Smoky.

4 Likes

Thank you @anon84779643 . At the last count i only have 38 flv, hopefully after the quarantine i could add some more.

4 Likes

You welcome @delltrapp :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing @anon84779643

5 Likes